Query: How to assign a channel to a Fav group?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

satsetter

Query: How to assign a channel to a Fav group?

Post by satsetter »

What are the steps needed for assigning a listed channel to a favourites group on a V8 Finder?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Query: How to assign a channel to a Fav group?

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is no fav button on the finder, so you can not assign fav's.

The V8 Finder uses the same user data file as the V7HD, Max and Combo units,(Excluding the terrestrial list on the combo).
You can assign favorites in a V7 and then load the file into the V8 Finder, or use the editor to assign favorite.

To access the fav lists in the finder you press the middle button an with the channel list up press the blue button to bring up the sat / fav list.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

satsetter

Post by satsetter »

Thanks for the reply Feralkiwi. As I'm still finding my way around the V8, I don't at this stage wish to risk corrupting the operation through changing firmware, so at this stage I'm settling for an easier option of moving channels so that they appear in the list according to a preferred priority.

Once again thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you like you can send me your user data from the V8 Finder and I can assign the favorite you need.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

satsetter

Post by satsetter »

Feralkiwi wrote:If you like you can send me your user data from the V8 Finder and I can assign the favorite you need.

Owen
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. However, all I really need is a short sorted list of channels from different satellites to take the trial and error guess-work out of setting up my H-H motor. (With the finder I can avoid the risks involved in repeatedly having to get up and down from the roof via a ladder to confirm adjustments :roll: ).

Cheers

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”