Page 1 of 2

Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:05 pm
by Asnevel
Hi all,
Which of the freesat boxes is the best for using powerVu keys and IPtv.

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 pm
by Asnevel
I have a freesat v8 super and cannot get Youtube,Youporn,Redtube via IPTV

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:18 pm
by Asnevel
Which firmware do I have to load to have Iptv working

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm
by Eak_Dumnern
Asnevel wrote:I have a freesat v8 super and cannot get Youtube,Youporn,Redtube via IPTV


Press number on remote button 5689 at online movie and into inside will show menu Youporn redtube or etc.
But I am not sure that it work. I like import custom IPTV much more.

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:47 pm
by Marsat
Asnevel wrote:Hi all,
Which of the freesat boxes is the best for using powerVu keys and IPtv.

I would say GTC is the Star of this company, however need a lot of improvement
As per keys, you do it through file
HAs 4 K
And Android based, so you have your youtube but ont only that you can download apps and Kodi is integrated

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:34 pm
by Asnevel
Hi Eak ,
Thanks for the advice, I will try that.

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 pm
by Asnevel
Hi Marsat, thx for the feedback.

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 pm
by Asnevel
Hi Eak ,
I have tried but is not working with the code . Youtube gives an error.

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 am
by waveguide
youtube works for me on the v8 super

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm
by Marsat
Asnevel wrote:Hi Eak ,
I have tried but is not working with the code . Youtube gives an error.

can you take a pic of the error or describe better the error you have

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 pm
by Fyx
i got youtube working fine on v8 golden, if that helps

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:42 pm
by Fyx
Eak_Dumnern wrote:
Asnevel wrote:I have a freesat v8 super and cannot get Youtube,Youporn,Redtube via IPTV


Press number on remote button 5689 at online movie and into inside will show menu Youporn redtube or etc.
But I am not sure that it work. I like import custom IPTV much more.


just seen this, thanks for tip ill try on my v8 golen later

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 pm
by Fyx
Marsat wrote:
Asnevel wrote:Hi all,
Which of the freesat boxes is the best for using powerVu keys and IPtv.

I would say GTC is the Star of this company, however need a lot of improvement
As per keys, you do it through file
HAs 4 K
And Android based, so you have your youtube but ont only that you can download apps and Kodi is integrated


Hi Marsat im interested in this box can you tell me if there has been any significant improvements since you posted this information
thanks

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:00 pm
by Fyx
Also, which version of kodi doesit have intergrated? i cant see on the info. provided at website

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 pm
by Marsat
Fyx wrote:Also, which version of kodi doesit have intergrated? i cant see on the info. provided at website


Fyx
I dont know honestly I have it in a drawer I am not using this box
I THINK is v. 17.0 not sure again. But you can upgrade it

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm
by Fyx
Marsat wrote:
Fyx wrote:Also, which version of kodi doesit have intergrated? i cant see on the info. provided at website


Fyx
I dont know honestly I have it in a drawer I am not using this box
I THINK is v. 17.0 not sure again. But you can upgrade it


ok thanks for prompt reply

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 pm
by Eak_Dumnern
Asnevel wrote:Hi Eak ,
I have tried but is not working with the code . Youtube gives an error.

press key number 5689 at menu online movies before into inside.

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:53 pm
by T95KPRO
Asnevel wrote:I have a freesat v8 super and cannot get Youtube,Youporn,Redtube via IPTV


On iptv me freesat V8 Super freeze...no command respond from remote...I need to cut the power and power up again! I can't use iptv :o Bugs fix?

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:07 pm
by Feralkiwi
I tried and got IPTV to work on my V8 Golden and Nova.

This was the first time I had used IPTV, as PressTV has been bitch slapped off Optus D2 satellite by US sanctions.

When I went to PressTV web site and selected watch live I get this address in the address line.

Code: Select all

https://www.presstv.com/Default/Live


Placing this in the text file for IPTV does not work.
If you right click on the video window of this live page and select "View page source" you can then search the page that opens for ".m3u8"
You will then find a link with an address like this:

Code: Select all

https://5a61de8ed719d.streamlock.net/liveprs/ngrp:ptven_all/playlist.m3u8 


That is the link you place in the text file like this

PressTV,https://5a61de8ed719d.streamlock.net/liveprs/ngrp:ptven_all/playlist.m3u8

Another one like this for Russia Today
RT News,https://secure-streams.akamaized.net/rt/index.m3u8

You then place these lines in a notepad text and save them as "iptvlist.txt"
Place that file on a USB, and when you plug that into the V8 you will be prompted to "Yes" load the list.
Maybe after that your IPTV button will have somewhere to go.
I have not used the IPTV button, I got to the menu then Channel menu and then IPTV.

This worked for me, except that my ISP modem keeps interrupting the feeds.

Owen

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 pm
by T95KPRO
Feralkiwi wrote:I tried and got IPTV to work on my V8 Golden and Nova.

This was the first time I had used IPTV, as PressTV has been bitch slapped off Optus D2 satellite by US sanctions.

When I went to PressTV web site and selected watch live I get this address in the address line.

Code: Select all

https://www.presstv.com/Default/Live


Placing this in the text file for IPTV does not work.
If you right click on the video window of this live page and select "View page source" you can then search the page that opens for ".m3u8"
You will then find a link with an address like this:

Code: Select all

https://5a61de8ed719d.streamlock.net/liveprs/ngrp:ptven_all/playlist.m3u8 


That is the link you place in the text file like this

PressTV,https://5a61de8ed719d.streamlock.net/liveprs/ngrp:ptven_all/playlist.m3u8

Another one like this for Russia Today
RT News,https://secure-streams.akamaized.net/rt/index.m3u8

You then place these lines in a notepad text and save them as "iptvlist.txt"
Place that file on a USB, and when you plug that into the V8 you will be prompted to "Yes" load the list.
Maybe after that your IPTV button will have somewhere to go.
I have not used the IPTV button, I got to the menu then Channel menu and then IPTV.

This worked for me, except that my ISP modem keeps interrupting the feeds.

Owen


Thks for all info,i will try it and give you news soon! :)

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:49 am
by tanka
Iptv before working great.Now I did notpad tx Presstv https and rt news and not working for v8 super and v8 nova .Any explanations and comentes bout that.thank you

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:50 am
by tanka
tanka wrote:Iptv before working great.Now I did notpad tx Presstv https and rt news and not working for v8 super and v8 nova .Any explanations and comentes bout that.thank you

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 pm
by frogtong
Do not play IPTV free sat all type receiver total out if you turn iptv on will freezer and balck out is no solution for this matter

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 pm
by tanka
samethig iptv free do not play and box freeze

Re: Which box is the best for using powerVu and IPTV

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 pm
by tanka
tanka wrote:samethig iptv free do not play and box freeze