Helb / Hilfe -After firmware update crash - Nach Firmware Update crash -

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Thanksv8

Helb / Hilfe -After firmware update crash - Nach Firmware Update crash -

Post by Thanksv8 »

Hilfe mein V8 hat nach dem Firmware-Update kein Signal an dem HDMI-Anschluss. Kann nichts sehen und einstellen. V8 zeigt auf dem Receiver-Display nur Striche. Kann ich den V8 wiederbeleben? Wenn ja wie?

Help my V8 has no signal on the HDMI port after the firmware update. Can not see and set anything. V8 shows only dashes on the receiver display. Can I revive the V8? If yes how?

diablo

Re: Helb / Hilfe -After firmware update crash - Nach Firmware Update crash -

Post by diablo »

Thanksv8 wrote:Hilfe mein V8 hat nach dem Firmware-Update kein Signal an dem HDMI-Anschluss. Kann nichts sehen und einstellen. V8 zeigt auf dem Receiver-Display nur Striche. Kann ich den V8 wiederbeleben? Wenn ja wie?

Help my V8 has no signal on the HDMI port after the firmware update. Can not see and set anything. V8 shows only dashes on the receiver display. Can I revive the V8? If yes how?
Put the firmware (latest) in the root of the USB stick, make sure it's called FLASH.BIN and put it in the Nova V8

Unplug the power from the V8, wait say 30 seconds and put the power cable back in.... start repeatedly pressing the MENU button ... this should cause the V8 to re-flash the firmware.

Let it flash the STB and when finished it should reboot and be OK.

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

Thank you!
There is no menu button on the device. And if I press the button on the remote then nothing happens.
Attachments
IMG_20180721_175910.jpg
IMG_20180721_175910.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 5076 times

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Thanksv8 wrote:Hilfe mein V8 hat nach dem Firmware-Update kein Signal an dem HDMI-Anschluss. Kann nichts sehen und einstellen. V8 zeigt auf dem Receiver-Display nur Striche. Kann ich den V8 wiederbeleben? Wenn ja wie?

You are stuck in PAL mode, power it off, then back on, after you see the ------- on the VFD, Press the green button 2 times on the remote.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Download the firmware (latest) and extract to bin files and change name to flash.bin then copy bin files in the root of the U- stick,

Turn-off switch STB and put U-Stick at USB slot next turn on switch also start press menu button at remote control repeatedly and rapid.

TV screen will show load firmware then wait until reboot again. it is finished.

Please do again.

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

The following can be seen on the monitor. After a minute the V8 boots but everything is as it was!

I renamed this firmware (V8_Super_20180720.zip) to flash.bin and copied it to the USB stick
Attachments
meldungV8.jpg
meldungV8.jpg (52.53 KiB) Viewed 5056 times

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

This in not a software problem, the freesat V8 will default to PAL mode ever time you upgrade by AllCode or do a Factory reset, all you need to do is Press the Green button 2 times on the remote, if you press the green button 1 time it will show PAL on the VFD, if you press the green button 2 times it will show NTSC on the VFD, when you see NTSC on the VFD you can then see the TV screen.

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

Unfortunately, nothing happens when I press the green button.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thanksv8 wrote:The following can be seen on the monitor. After a minute the V8 boots but everything is as it was!

I renamed this firmware (V8_Super_20180720.zip) to flash.bin and copied it to the USB stick
You do not use the .zip file. You need to unpack the .zip folder and use the .bin file inside, renamed flash.bin.

A flash.bin recovery is done like this..

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Owen.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

I unpacked the firmware and did everything as described! It looks like the HDMI port is disabled after booting.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Thanksv8 wrote:I unpacked the firmware and did everything as described! It looks like the HDMI port is disabled after booting.
It is stuck in PAL mode, I don't understand why the green button is not working, I will do a factory reset on one of my V8 receivers and post a blind button by button how to change to NTSC.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Ok, here we go, unplug the power from the receiver then plug it back in, let it boot, when you see ----- on the VFD it has booted.

Now with the remote press the right arrow button 3 times, now down arrow 1 time and press ok, now press right arrow 2 times.
Now your HDMI port should be working.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here is the original post by Lining on the Green button.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

iq180 wrote:Ok, here we go, unplug the power from the receiver then plug it back in, let it boot, when you see ----- on the VFD it has booted.

Now with the remote press the right arrow button 3 times, now down arrow 1 time and press ok, now press right arrow 2 times.
Now your HDMI port should be working.
Feralkiwi wrote:Here is the original post by Lining on the Green button.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
Owen
Thanks!
Unfortunately it does not work! What I do not understand is synonymous, why my device should hang in PAL mode and therefore does not work. In Germany one uses Pal. In addition, it is my TV, whether PAL or NTSC. My TV shows - if the V8 is fine - in both variants always a TV picture.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried the AV port via the scart connector?

The picture you posted with "UPG" on the display suggests the unit is in upgrade mode.

When you power on do you see anything on your TV? The GT Media logo for example.
Try using a different copy of the software as the "flash.bin" file and do the flash.bin recovery.

Your next step is to try the RS232 recovery method.
I made some notes on this here for the finder, the method is much the same for the super.
And this posting on RS232 for the super.

Good luck

Owen

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

Many thanks! There is no TV picture via AV (Scart). The picture is only as long as I boot the USB stick ("UPG"). As soon as the V8 starts (boots) the picture remains dark. There is also no GT-Media logo to see.

Do not I have to press something else when I'm in upgrade mode with the menu button?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This looks like you need to use the RS232 method.

I take it you have tried flash.bin with older versions as well?

Setting up a cable is a bit of work and you need a PC with older D9 plugs for it too, but this maybe the way to recover your unit.

Owen

Thanksv8

Post by Thanksv8 »

I just wanted to give feedback! Have now brought my V8 Freesat back to work. Have now renamed the current firmware (V8_Super_20181217.bin) in flash.bin and after the instructions here, the update in boot mode performed. The problem was simply that the receiver crashed after the update with the latest firmware, but no newer firmware version was available. The Widerherstelllen the device was with the then latest firmware version, with which it had crashed, just not possible.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”