GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (19/07/2018)

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

tonype

GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (19/07/2018)

Post by tonype »

Decepción total sigue exactamente igual Astra 19.02 frecuencia 12515 H 22000 se queda bloqueado, bonito pisapapeles, empiezo a pensar que esto no tiene arreglo.

Total disappointment follows exactly the same Astra 19.02 frequency 12515 H 22000 stays blocked, nice paperweight, I start to think that this has no fix.

Tengo V8 super, V7 HD, V9, en todos funciona correctamente. V8 NOVA PISAPAPELES LA PEOR COMPRA DE MI VIDA.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: GTMedia V8NOVA Firmware (19/07/2018)

Post by cpr43 »

Talk to your seller. Send the unit back and ask for your money. Keep enjoying 12515 H on your other Freesat unit. If can not return then use the V8 Nova for all other sats than 12515 H. Have you try scanning directly from the LNB to the box without using any switch?

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

come down, I think about this new box, need to study instruction and learning to do.

You can use this box with other satellite. if your that TP block.

Frisat

Post by Frisat »

We continue with the failure when recording, error 'not available' when jumping to the channel if you are not in which you are going to record. I have to program two recordings, first one in watch mode and another recording followed in the same channel in record mode. This way there is no channel change when recording starts and it does not fail. Can it be done in the firmware??, change to the channel one minute before the beginning of the recording? thus it would be solved.

diablo

Post by diablo »

tonype wrote:Decepción total sigue exactamente igual Astra 19.02 frecuencia 12515 H 22000 se queda bloqueado, bonito pisapapeles, empiezo a pensar que esto no tiene arreglo.

Total disappointment follows exactly the same Astra 19.02 frequency 12515 H 22000 stays blocked, nice paperweight, I start to think that this has no fix.

Tengo V8 super, V7 HD, V9, en todos funciona correctamente. V8 NOVA PISAPAPELES LA PEOR COMPRA DE MI VIDA.
Strange, because I did a full scan with the new firmware without problem of 19,02. I still get certain channels freezing when trying to view them

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Frisat wrote:We continue with the failure when recording, error 'not available' when jumping to the channel if you are not in which you are going to record. I have to program two recordings, first one in watch mode and another recording followed in the same channel in record mode. This way there is no channel change when recording starts and it does not fail. Can it be done in the firmware??, change to the channel one minute before the beginning of the recording? thus it would be solved.
Open your own post. You are using others, please

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

tonype wrote:Decepción total sigue exactamente igual Astra 19.02 frecuencia 12515 H 22000 se queda bloqueado, bonito pisapapeles, empiezo a pensar que esto no tiene arreglo.

The firmware has solved this problem before. If you still have it, could you record TS for us to have a look? Provide us with the download address
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

User avatarRishirajpoot
Nova v8 Firmware update 19/7/2018
Postby Rishirajpoot » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Very much disappointed by the new update....majority of the freesat users waiting for the update for Asiasat 105.5 & Intelsat 20 NDS /powerVU but I think freesat team is lagging behind in race, even with other small players....... ;) :cry: :cry: :|

henrianto

Post by henrianto »

I think freesat team still wait and see. Because the powervu always upgrade after someone can decrypt. They more focus to solved the main problem.

My problem in this FW version:
1. Pop-up "moving dish" always show and can't auto disappear. You need to push ok button to close the window.
2. I can change to vivid because it always back to default.

Hopefully you can fix it soon.

Thank you,
Henrianto (Indonesia)

Blank

Post by Blank »

tonype wrote:Decepción total sigue exactamente igual ... V8 NOVA PISAPAPELES LA PEOR COMPRA DE MI VIDA.
Eu também concordo, desde a actualizacion de 21/06/2018 no hay mejoras solamente novos defectos em sistema!
Mantive la actualizacion de 21/06/2018 para vender el receptor FTA, por no estar funcionando ao menos 95% bien, existem bugs a serem corrigidos e pensei que ralatalos aqui, apenas para FTA, seria levado em conta, e passou 2 actualizaciones e nada... no creio sejam importantes para lo Team!
Não vou ficar repetindo, apenas relato correctamente, no deram atencion, mejor largar de mano!

Creo seja mejor tentar vender logo...
Saindo deste fórum.

Thanks Owen and Linning for all.
Bye!
:(
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960
Sat List: 70w C/67w Ku/65.1w ku/70w Ku

Blank

Post by Blank »

henrianto wrote:I think freesat team still wait and see. Because the powervu always upgrade after someone can decrypt. They more focus to solved the main problem.

My problem in this FW version:
1. Pop-up "moving dish" always show and can't auto disappear. You need to push ok button to close the window.
2. I can change to vivid because it always back to default.

Hopefully you can fix it soon.

Thank you,
Henrianto (Indonesia)
Sorry for the sincerity, will not pay attention to your reports, I feel, and not even sending emails to the Team.

I recommend returning the previous update of 06/21/2018 or May 2018 ... at least they are the best and with a lot less bugs, here use the one of 06/21/2018 and it is almost 90% ok ... do not update no way for new ones that only gets worse every time !!!

Bye!
Receivers: Bedin Sat BS9900S/Elsys Satmax 5/Freesat Finder V-71HD/GtMedia V-73HD Meter/GTMedia V8 Nova Orange & Blue/GTMedia GTS/GTMedia V8X/Zinwell ZDX-620-S2/America Box S-205+ Plus/Satlink 6960

Frisat

Post by Frisat »

cpr43 wrote:
Frisat wrote:We continue with the failure when recording, error 'not available' when jumping to the channel if you are not in which you are going to record. I have to program two recordings, first one in watch mode and another recording followed in the same channel in record mode. This way there is no channel change when recording starts and it does not fail. Can it be done in the firmware??, change to the channel one minute before the beginning of the recording? thus it would be solved.
Open your own post. You are using others, please
This is clearly a firmware problem, already reported, and has not been corrected, if it makes you happy I open another post with the same title of this. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V?¿?¿?

1deerehunter

Post by 1deerehunter »

Totally awesome update I love my nova ...thanks guys :D

elcheca1

Post by elcheca1 »

bueno, he actualizado a la ultima version de v8 NOVA y al colocar las llaves al nova no me abren algunos TP he durado mucho esperando que abran y nada pasa ayer dure el dia entero esperando a ver que pasa y no abrio he tenido que volver a la version anterior por ese pequeño problema espero que mas adelante puedan reparar tantos problemas que han tenido con este Nova

Well, I updated to the latest version of v8 NOVA and when I put the keys to the nova no open some TP I have lasted long waiting for them to open and nothing happens yesterday lasted the whole day waiting to see what happens and did not open I had to return to the previous version for that little problem I hope that later they can repair so many problems that they have had with this Nova

elcheca1

Post by elcheca1 »

1deerehunter wrote:Totally awesome update I love my nova ...thanks guys :D
im glad for you, apart from the tp that does not open up everything goes great with my nova

Blank

Post by Blank »

1deerehunter wrote:Totally awesome update I love my nova ...thanks guys :D
No way!!!

Only you are satisfied for its use, suddenly open channels ... for most, the V8 Nova is every update WORST !!!

We know that it is not a TOP receiver, but at least for FTA purposes and Midiaplayer should fulfill the role well, and are not realizing that they will lose more and more buyers every time !!!

So, it's us here of the team we hate the New V8!
I will continue to claim yes, because only then, can I warn users of recurring unresolved problems!

I will remain in the forum only to report the problems successively !!!!
:evil:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Looking at Lyngsat's listing for this satellite, I see that this TP 12515 is all encrypted Cryptoworks Irdeto Mediaguard Nagravision Viaccess.
This means that you are using Ccam via internet to attempt to view these channels.
There have been many users with their internet providers blocking their use of the internet for this purpose.
This is done in your home at the modem.

I suggest that you try using a different internet source, maybe your phone as a wifi hotspot or a 4G dongle.
Another user did this with their issue and proved it was the internet modem in their house that is blocking.

Here is a link to the recent discussion on this.

If I remember correctly you have said that your other freesat units work with out this problem.
If that is correct then try using the cable internet connection on the Nova, and check that you have disconnected the WiFi from the menus, as the wifi reconnects every time you power on.

I did some more tests yesterday but realize now I had a 10600 LNB, not the 10750 LNB you are using.
I will test again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

henrianto

Post by henrianto »

Dear team,
I sorry about my comment. That is my wrong. The FW already can remove "moving dish" automatically but it still long time to wait about 16 seconds. For me that pop-up is useless, I don't need it and in freesat v7 combo I remember there are feature to hide the pop-up.
I hope it will be better in future.
Thank you
Henrianto

javiwinner

Post by javiwinner »

Con el tema de la grabaciones, sigue algunos problemas que no se han solucionado:
Lo hace perfectamente si se programa, se apaga el deco dejándolo en el mismo canal, si está en otro canal, el deco enciende, cambia de canal pero no graba.
Pero sigue fallando si programamos directamente un único evento ('no disponible'). La solución programar primero un minuto antes y un minuto de duración una grabación en 'modo ver', encadenando otra grabación en modo grabar. Por ejemplo 1º, canal 33 de las 20:29 a las 20:30 modo ver y 2º, mismo canal 33 de las 20:30 a las 21:30 modo grabar. Así parece que le da tiempo de sobra a arrancar ponerse en en canal y cuando debe empezar la grabación a las 20:30 está todo OK

With the theme of the recordings, it follows some problems that have not been solved:
It does it perfectly if it is programmed, the deco is turned off leaving it in the same channel, if it is in another channel, the deco turns on, changes channel but does not record.
But it continues to fail if we directly program a single event ('not available'). The solution is to program a recording in 'view mode' first one minute before and one minute in duration, chaining another recording in record mode. For example 1st, channel 33 from 20:29 at 20:30, see mode and 2nd, same channel 33 from 20:30 to 21:30, record mode. So it seems that it gives you plenty of time to start playing on the channel and when you have to start recording at 8:30 it's all OK

tonype

Post by tonype »

Feralkiwi wrote:

Looking at Lyngsat's listing for this satellite, I see that this TP 12515 is all encrypted Cryptoworks Irdeto Mediaguard Nagravision Viaccess.
This means that you are using Ccam via internet to attempt to view these channels.
There have been many users with their internet providers blocking their use of the internet for this purpose.

I suggest that you try using a different internet source, maybe your phone as a wifi hotspot or a 4G dongle.
Another user did this with their issue and proved it was the internet modem in their house that is blocking.

If I remember correctly you have said that your other freesat units work with out this problem.
If that is correct then try using the cable internet connection on the Nova, and check that you have disconnected the WiFi from the menus, as the wifi reconnects every time you power on.

I did some more tests yesterday but realize now I had a 10600 LNB, not the 10750 LNB you are using.
I will test again.

Owen
V7 max
Que pena no escuchais a las personas. Tengo S7, S8 Super S 9, V7 max.V7 combo, con las mismas cccam todos funcionan exceto la Banned Word del v8 Nova.
Ya he probado con 4G RJ45 directo y todo.
REPITO, EL V8 NOVA ES UNA PUTA Banned Word, NO COMPRAR.
ME HAN ESTAFADO.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

tonype wrote: V7 max
Que pena no escuchais a las personas. Tengo S7, S8 Super S 9, V7 max.V7 combo, con las mismas cccam todos funcionan exceto la Banned Word del v8 Nova.
ME HAN ESTAFADO.
I am trying to find what this fault is with your help.
I do not work for Freesat.

I have tried to replicate this fault, but fail, as I do not use Ccam on that frequency (12515) that activates the WiFi.
I have one more test to do. I will set up one Nova as a Sat2IP, via WiFi, next to another Nova that is using 12515 frequency with a 10750 low LNB.
I will remove both plastic covers and place the WiFi aerial of the Sat2IP unit in the same place as the WiFi aerial is in the unit using 12515.
This is my last option to replicate this fault.
If that does not show the fault I will have to conclude that the block is caused by the ISP via your internet modem.
Edited: I try this as above and still can not recreate this fault.

Yes as I said in my last post, you have other units that work OK.
The difference is that the Nova has built in WiFi and a plastic cover, while the others do not.

I had asked if you could change your LNB to one with a different low frequency and test with that.
I had asked if you could connect using a different internet connection, to test if your ISP modem is blocking just the Nova, as other ISP's block set top boxes.

Please, if you can, try these things and report back.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Looking back through this issue I find this
Post by didox » Sun Jun 24, 2018
didox wrote:Si he hecho eso. Incluso he borrado ese tp y lo he vuelto a poner pero nada, sigue igual. Una cosa curiosa es que si no lo tienes conectado a internet no se bloquea, en el momento lo conectas y abre el canal se bloquea.
Mi duda es si ese problema lo tienen todos los v8 nova. O algunos
Google translate:
If I have done that. I've even deleted that tp and I've put it back but nothing, remains the same. One curious thing is that if you do not have it connected to the internet it will not be blocked, at the moment you connect it and the channel is blocked.
My question is if that problem has all v8 nova. Or some

Engineers please note:
Astra 19.2 Frequency 12515 H 22000
The important part is that this does not happen if the internet is not connected.
This "Block" happens both with WiFi and Cable net.
Power OFF / ON is needed to restart.
From this power off on I understand that by "Block" you both (tonype and didox) mean that the Nova is locked and does not respond to the remote.
The channels on this TP are encrypted and use Ccan accounts via the net to view.

"didox" changed the LNB frequency in the menu and this did not solve this.
Changing the LNB frequency in the Menu does not change the secondary frequency in the LNB cable.
I have asked both users to change the LNB at the dish to one that has a low frequency NOT 10750.
This will change the secondary frequency in the LNB cable and test for interference from the WiFi to the LNB cable.

I have done all I can to test for this and all I can do to help these users.
A test result from a LNB change would be useful.

Owen

didox

Post by didox »

tonype wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:

I will test again.

Owen
V7 max
ME HAN ESTAFADO.
Yo compre 2 decos y devolvi los dos. El tp 12515H 22000 no hay manera de que vaya.
Con el v8 super, ningun problema. Antes de sacar productos al mercado, deberian asegurarse de que funcionan perfectamente. Si no cuando se reporta el problema. Intentar solucionarlo. Si el v8 super va. Y el v8 nova no. Por que sera? Pues lo mirais.

tonype

Post by tonype »

Feralkiwi wrote:Looking back through this issue I find this
Post by didox » Sun Jun 24, 2018
didox wrote:Si he hecho eso. Incluso he borrado ese tp y lo he vuelto a poner pero nada, sigue igual. Una cosa curiosa es que si no lo tienes conectado a internet no se bloquea, en el momento lo conectas y abre el canal se bloquea.
Mi duda es si ese problema lo tienen todos los v8 nova. O algunos
Google translate:
If I have done that. I've even deleted that tp and I've put it back but nothing, remains the same. One curious thing is that if you do not have it connected to the internet it will not be blocked, at the moment you connect it and the channel is blocked.
My question is if that problem has all v8 nova. Or some

Engineers please note:
Astra 19.2 Frequency 12515 H 22000
The important part is that this does not happen if the internet is not connected.
This "Block" happens both with WiFi and Cable net.
Power OFF / ON is needed to restart.
From this power off on I understand that by "Block" you both (tonype and didox) mean that the Nova is locked and does not respond to the remote.
The channels on this TP are encrypted and use Ccan accounts via the net to view.

"didox" changed the LNB frequency in the menu and this did not solve this.
Changing the LNB frequency in the Menu does not change the secondary frequency in the LNB cable.
I have asked both users to change the LNB at the dish to one that has a low frequency NOT 10750.
This will change the secondary frequency in the LNB cable and test for interference from the WiFi to the LNB cable.

I have done all I can to test for this and all I can do to help these users.
A test result from a LNB change would be useful.

Owen
Recientemente he cambiado la LNB por una Televés nueva, todos los aparatos. Non GTMedia product-Banned, talcom, v7, v8 super, v9 y Mvision, funcionan correctamente V9 Nova simplemente no funciona.

Recently I changed the LNB for a new Televés, all the devices. Non GTMedia product-Banned, talcom, v7, super v8, v9 and Mvision, work properly V9 Nova simply does not work.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

tonype wrote:Recientemente he cambiado la LNB por una Televés nueva, todos los aparatos. funcionan correctamente V9 Nova simplemente no funciona.

Recently I changed the LNB for a new Televés, all the devices. work properly V9 Nova simply does not work.
Your new LNB "Televés", please what low frequency does it have?

If your new LNB has a low frequency that is NOT 10750, then have you tried using a different internet connection?

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”