BISS encryption issue

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

petsam

BISS encryption issue

Post by petsam »

Hello GTMedia Team, I am new to GTMedia and this is my first post and I feel the need to congratulate you for the work you are doing with your receivers and firmware. I have owned other brand receivers as well but seems that your support and products will prevail other competitors.
I will describe my issue on V8 NOVA in brief and please check if you can technically resolve it maybe in some future firmware release. My problem is that for certain BISS encrypted channels even if I enter the correct keys I cannot get picture. I do not know how this works but if it is of any help I assume that in certain cases providers encrypted in BISS somehow are not recognized or not sending a flag as encrypted since I do not see the $ sign next to the channel name on those that I cannot get picture. For this reason maybe the firmware does not get into the process to check for keys. For similar BISS cases on same satellite that I see the $ sign my keys work just fine. I enter the keys in BISS or MGCAMD BISS editor (as I tried the keys work in either editor). Is it possible for this issue to be fixed?
Please note that I also own a V7 Freesat and the BISS keys work just fine for all channels (with $ sign or not).
I could send you specific cases (satellite,frequencys and channels) but I do not know if I am allowed to post that. I will keep the details and will post them or e-mail to you if you want me to do so, thank you for your time and support.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: BISS encryption issue

Post by cpr43 »

Hello and Welcome

This problem was reported some time ago. Using the latest firmware 3/8/2018 fixed some issues. Others will be work in near future updates.

https://www.freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7791

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You could use the editor to change the scrambled flag to "on" so your channels work, but you need to use the first software from June to be able to load your user data into the editor, as the last three versions do not load user data into the editor.
After you have saved and edited your user data from the June software you can then load it into the latest software version if you need that version.

Owne
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

petsam

Post by petsam »

Hi guys and thank you for the prompt response and assistance, I tried the latest version but still no picture,
I will soon try the editor suggestion by Feralkiwi and let you know.
For time consuming from trying firmware versions, do you know which one works with the Editor? I see there are three versions in June 21, 23 and 25.

Thanks again and keep up the good work...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes the early June version 20180621.

There was some discussion here on that.
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

petsam

Post by petsam »

Perfect!!!
Followed Owen's Instructions.... everything ran smoothly and finally I have my channels back.

Thank you Owen.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”