A F N Networks have announced to move their Channels from Intelsat 10-02 to SES5 for DTH Atlantic ocean Region

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

CHI

Re: A F N Networks have announced to move their Channels from Intelsat 10-02 to SES5 for DTH Atlantic ocean Region

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:Hi chi,
Managed to face the rectangular area of the lnb to my right and it seems to have paid off so far though had some break up of picture initially.Changed the Rg6 cable and the picture has been perfect since yesterday 18hrs.
Will buy a new cable tomorrow as the one I'm using is from the dump yard of my house.I suppose if i buy new cable,i will be home and dry.
Yes it should always be to the right. Keep on keeping on until you get it to read at least 66.

GCM

Re: A F N Networks have announced to move their Channels from Intelsat 10-02 to SES5 for DTH Atlantic ocean Region

Post by GCM »

Okay,when you say lnb should face to my right does mean the rectangular part where the lnd label is?
See attachment
Attachments
IMG_1400.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG (65.43 KiB) Viewed 4166 times

GCM

Post by GCM »

Taken the atual picture from my dish with me facing lnb.
See attachment
Attachments
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 4162 times

GCM

Post by GCM »

is that what you mean by facing lnb to the right?

CHI

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:is that what you mean by facing lnb to the right?
This is a single solution. I thought you installed the standard lnb. For this one its rectangular shape faces to your front but a bit left, not so much left!
My advise! If you can wakeup a bit early in the morning and face the dish 68.5 with your current setup (,but only removing the dielectric plate!) And get HBO to read at least 90, then you will hit A F N at 66 -69 when you change the dish back to SES5.

GCM

Post by GCM »

Little bit confused,are you able to send me the image of a standard c-band lnb?
I have a gulf star 317 brand new which i have not tried

Lastly is the setting or positioning of lnb the same regardless wether you are in tanzania or Zambia?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

GCM wrote:Little bit confused,are you able to send me the image of a standard c-band lnb?
I have a gulf star 317 brand new which i have not tried

Lastly is the setting or positioning of lnb the same regardless wether you are in tanzania or Zambia?

No my friend is not the same unless you live on the border

to check your settings included the LNB Skew go to:

Code: Select all

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

ALSO
Those who aim to circular polarization sats be sure the dielectric is not rotated 90 degrees the LNB has to positions nad if you think you are correctly aimed but there is no signal or quality rotate to the "other marks" inside the LNB or check the pictured posted before. That is very common mistake

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi chi & marsa,
Managed to buy the new cable and tweaked the lnb but was achieving Q63.During the day from yesterday and today the picture has been stable,but night time the quality starts fluctuating between 63 and 60 with a little bit of breaking up or pixelation every after 10 seconds.
What is the best remedy to stop the pixelation or breaking up of picture?

Mwiza1994

Post by Mwiza1994 »

Thanks For The Help am now getting The A F N Package on my 1.8cm dish in Zambia with Good Signal

CHI

Post by CHI »

GCM wrote:Hi chi & marsa,
Managed to buy the new cable and tweaked the lnb but was achieving Q63.During the day from yesterday and today the picture has been stable,but night time the quality starts fluctuating between 63 and 60 with a little bit of breaking up or pixelation every after 10 seconds.
What is the best remedy to stop the pixelation or breaking up of picture?
There was this post I instructed, I can't repeat again but I told you to start with 68.5 first follow that advice!

CHI

Post by CHI »

Mwiza1994 wrote:Thanks For The Help am now getting The A F N Package on my 1.8cm dish in Zambia with Good Signal
You are welcome!

GCM

Post by GCM »

Hi guys,
Just got home a few minutes ago and A F N shows encrypted program.I tried to switch it off and on but still the same.
Anyone with information regarding the same?

CHI

Post by CHI »

They have upgraded encryption method. All boxes are down again.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”