Netflix - please add in the updates.

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

petercoyotes

Netflix - please add in the updates.

Post by petercoyotes »

Hi friends of forum, always I am pending of the updates of firmware and never see that add Netflix in the software.

My TV not is smart TV but have ports USB (2) and HDMI (2) is LG, but no have wifi, else as I buy the V8 golden and have a USB adapter wifi the V8 golden this conect to Wifi network, and can see IPTV, but in true I would like to that add Netflix and can see the series and movies of this platform, and conect my V8 Golden in TV no smart and TV old and can see Netflix. (I buy the accounts of netflix cheap in ebay )
If V8 golden have youtube, vimeo, yahoo news, and other apps else >>> why netflix No?

If this STB V8 golden convert a TV no smart in smart TV why no add the app of Netflix?

1000 Thanks

Peter from Colombia.

iq180
网站管理员

Re: Netflix - please add in the updates.

Post by iq180 »

petercoyotes wrote:Hi friends of forum, always I am pending of the updates of firmware and never see that add Netflix in the software.

My TV not is smart TV but have ports USB (2) and HDMI (2) is LG, but no have wifi, else as I buy the V8 golden and have a USB adpatr wifi the V8 golden this conect to Wifi network, but in true I would like to that add Netflix and can see the series and movies of this platform, and conect my V8 Golden in TV no smart and TV old and can see Netflix.

If V8 golden have youtube, vimeo, yahoo news, and other apps else >>> why netflix No?

If this STB V8 golden convert a TV no smart in smart TV why no add the app of Netflix?

1000 Thanks

Peter from Colombia.
Remember this, the more things you add to a satellite receiver the harder it is to get other things to work, in other words if you want to stream TV from the internet buy a Roku Streaming Stick, it is wifi ready and easy to setup, I have one my self but for the most part I watch satellite TV or OTA TV for my local news, there is no need to add any other apps, JMHO.

petercoyotes

Post by petercoyotes »

iq180 wrote: Remember this, the more things you add to a satellite receiver the harder it is to get other things to work, in other words if you want to stream TV from the internet buy a Roku Streaming Stick, it is wifi ready and easy to setup, I have one my self but for the most part I watch satellite TV or OTA TV for my local news, there is no need to add any other apps, JMHO.
-------------

in true my V8 golden I buy for see if can see more channel TV with my cable TV company but V8 golden no find channels in cable TV, after think that was for the software of STB V8 golden, that not putting FRecuency Manual find channels. else I left it for TDT or DVb-T2, and work excellent, today only i Use for see DVB-T2 or channel digital locals of my country. never see the channels of satellites because no have antenna, no have LNB, and I'm not interested in this topic of satellites.

Else think that Netflix in the V8 golden it would be good.

Thanks.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

petercoyotes wrote:
iq180 wrote: Remember this, the more things you add to a satellite receiver the harder it is to get other things to work, in other words if you want to stream TV from the internet buy a Roku Streaming Stick, it is wifi ready and easy to setup, I have one my self but for the most part I watch satellite TV or OTA TV for my local news, there is no need to add any other apps, JMHO.
-------------

in true my V8 golden I buy for see if can see more channel TV with my cable TV company but V8 golden no find channels in cable TV, after think that was for the software of STB V8 golden, that not putting FRecuency Manual find channels. else I left it for TDT or DVb-T2, and work excellent, today only i Use for see DVB-T2 or channel digital locals of my country. never see the channels of satellites because no have antenna, no have LNB, and I'm not interested in this topic of satellites.

Else think that Netflix in the V8 golden it would be good.

Thanks.
This is a satellite Forum, the Freesat receiver is a satellite receiver, it's not ment to be used for streaming, it does have a few options to stream but them options don't work well at best, like I said, buy you a ROKU streaming stick and you will be happy with it.

petercoyotes

Post by petercoyotes »

iq180 wrote:This is a satellite Forum, the Freesat receiver is a satellite receiver, it's not ment to be used for streaming, it does have a few options to stream but them options don't work well at best, like I said, buy you a ROKU streaming stick and you will be happy with it.
-----------------
The STB V8 golden is DVB-S2, DVB-C and DVB-T2 also, else you no can write and show information that this forum only show answer of satellites
the STB have many apps as youtube,vimeo,google maps, else as netflix is a popular application for me would have the STB in all version V7, V8 and V9, you all time put updates and applications no update nothing, in true think that this part is important.

Other point if STB have other apps why netflix no?

Buy Roku, amazon fire or chromecast think is waste more money,
I would rather have them remove default applications from the STB and install Netflix in futures updates.

Thanks.

petercoyotes

Post by petercoyotes »

I hope that in a quick update, add the netflix application as vimeo, youtube,google maps, yahoo news ans other that are installed in the STB (smart box V8 golden)

1000 thanks to Gtmedia and freesat team.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi
Sorry but you will find that most people want the engineering and development/brainpower efforts spent on satellite tv reception and decoding applications .

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

i think IQ180 is correct ,if you want all these Internet features, a streaming media box is the way to go

Radiick

Post by Radiick »

I thinks this is not viable, i mean, if the stb get frozen sometimes, with more apps = less memory.

I agree with the other members of the forum, if you want more apps you could get a TV Box with android, or connect a laptop to the tv.

signalq

Post by signalq »

Reading this thread makes me realize that installing Kodi on the receiver is probably not in the near future.

What do you recommend as a good KODI box? Thanks.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”