V8 Finder BT03 test result

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Zelalem

V8 Finder BT03 test result

Post by Zelalem »

I was fortunate to have a test free sample gift from Freesat & GTMedia of the new, elegant, simple, but charmingly working little device to pick signal quality and strength captured by LNBs. I tested the new V8 Finder BT(blue tooth) 03 and is working great. The only problem I had during my test was the lack of ADD, EDIT, and DELETE the transponders and satellites already fed into the Freesat Finder App V5.6. It is annoying not to have at times when you look for polarization changes (V to H) and update or edit transponders already loaded into the app. Otherwise, the little BT03 finder is working flawlessly. The Channels search option is great feature in the app. If possible including the channel play option makes it better. Thank you guys.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

rj2010

Re: V8 Finder BT03 test result

Post by rj2010 »

Or a blind scan option..

I was able to pickup new satellites with my sample without their frequency and blind scan in the v8 golden box.. Also if the signal quality can be in step order cause i was getting 45% then it jump to 49% and not showing me how the signal was going up it just jump low or high % unlike my other meter...

But the device is great for its size

Regards
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

kyle

Post by kyle »

Thanks for your help, we will try to add edit function for the preset satellite data

kyle

Post by kyle »

Hi Guys

we got serveral import advice like:
1. satellite edit problem
2. blind scan
3. channelist save

we will discuss these cases and try to improve our product. Thanks for your help

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

kyle wrote:Hi Guys

2. blind scan
3. channelist save

we will discuss these cases and try to improve our product. Thanks for your help
That is really great feature to consider in future app updates. Hope they could help a lot for product end users/consumers.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Well I sent a private email do I need to post it here with pictures?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

2. blind scan
3. channelist save

Ok
These are the issues that I found on the preliminary test, The developers acknowledged those me

Pros:
1) Lightweight
2) 32% of battery pack consumed in 5 hours. So It may be last 15 hours usage non stop Great!
3) Excellent accuracy. The best part
4) Portable my best sat finder. I move around with my phone and not with clutter wires don't pulled the from the LNB or trip and fall to the ground
5) Great for fine tune without need of a spectrum analyzer
6) Compared with...

Better than Dr. Dre HD 1000
Better than Sathero 100
Better than Satlink WS6908
Better than V71HD V8 Finder
It works with dish network Mexico 77W (check images 1,2 and 3)

Issues:

All issues are with APP and app software, the device has no issues.

1) Can not edit nor delete Satellites

2) Is not prepared for Blind scan

3) Does not allow to add or modify transponders.
Patch Solution is to add/create a Satellite and add that transponder, to later use it
4) Does not do FULL Scan either. It just you need to choose TP by TP or 4 TP at the time and will jump form one to the other in seconds (check images)

5) Size of Signal & Quality percentage value TOO SMALL again you have enough space to increase the up to 500%
is when you install and more when are big size dishes otherwise is useless impossible to see and sunlight the numbers
This is the first that should be fixed, although I used maximum brightness on my Samsung S9 Plus still was difficult to see
Check Image 2 and 3 ALL THE SAPACE EMPTY WASTED

6) When downloaded channels sometimes it gives you the list sometimes not (check images 7 & 8)

7) does not work with Dish Network USA using turbo 8psk is understandable is a weird mode

8) Waiting IOS app, dont use Android to much

Images
Pardon my mess and don't laugh how I hold my 1,8m (propane tank). That is when I get mad I blow it up! :lol:

Image 1
Part of My Dish Farm
Finder is connected to 8 footer directly to a 4x8 multiswitch. So it get the signal of any of the 4 LNB downconverter that you can see

Image 2
Quetzast Mexico Satellite with the 1.2m First image

Image 3
Another TP same satellite 77W

Image 4
Scrolling with finger the screen will show the following funtion
It can scan 4 TP, scan one and like 3 seconds later gos to the second one you choose and the thir to end the last one.

Image shows the same Satellite with 4 different TP

Image 5
Using now the 8" (2,4m)

and once have signal download channels. Will give you the list, will not save the list and will NOT able to watch, just the list

Image 6
Same as above different TP

Image 7

Issue when downloading channels sometimes will give you the list sometimes the number of channels on that TP

Image 8
Same as above different TP same Satellite.

Recommendations / Suggestions :

1) Create a 3rd and a 4th page sliding with finger
One Page BIG Numbers Signal values example below

More fancy??: change the color of numbers according to intensity

2) If satellite is lock a banner that indicate
Lock on Sat XXX XXXXX

Note:
should someone have a question or wants me to do another type of test please send me smoking signals ;)

vaxi
网站管理员

Post by vaxi »

I also recived my V8 Finder BT03 :D
I must say the device has no issues at all. Marsat ideas is really good and they get +1 from me :D
Can you try to add the watching option for scanned channels ?
Other stuff is said by Marsat ;D

Vaxi

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Marsat wrote:

2. blind scan
3. channelist save

Ok
These are the issues that I found on the preliminary test, The developers acknowledged those me

Pros:
1) Lightweight
2) 32% of battery pack consumed in 5 hours. So It may be last 15 hours usage non stop Great!
4) Portable my best sat finder. I move around with my phone and not with clutter wires don't pulled the from the LNB or trip and fall to the ground
6) Compared with...

Better than Sathero 100

Issues:

Patch Solution is to add/create a Satellite and add that transponder, to later use it
4) Does not do FULL Scan either. It just you need to choose TP by TP or 4 TP at the time and will jump form one to the other in seconds (check images)

5) Size of Signal & Quality percentage value TOO SMALL again you have enough space to increase the up to 500%
is when you install and more when are big size dishes otherwise is useless impossible to see and sunlight the numbers
This is the first that should be fixed, although I used maximum brightness on my Samsung S9 Plus still was difficult to see

6) When downloaded channels sometimes it gives you the list sometimes not (check images 7 & 8)

7) does not work with Dish Network USA using turbo 8psk is understandable is a weird mode

Images
Pardon my mess and don't laugh how I hold my 1,8m (propane tank). That is when I get mad I blow it up! :lol:

Image 1
Part of My Dish Farm
Finder is connected to 8 footer directly to a 4x8 multiswitch. So it get the signal of any of the 4 LNB downconverter that you can see

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4
It can scan 4 TP, scan one and like 3 seconds later gos to the second one you choose and the thir to end the last one.

Image 5
Using now the 8" (2,4m)

and once have signal download channels. Will give you the list, will not save the list and will NOT able to watch, just the list

Image 6

Image 7

Issue when downloading channels sometimes will give you the list sometimes the number of channels on that TP

Image 8

Lock on Sat XXX XXXXX

Note:
should someone have a question or wants me to do another type of test please send me smoking signals ;)
Glad to read your reviews. from users point of view, as you have said, the device has no issue. There is a lot to improve in the app, as we can understand that many of the functions are controlled by the application. I have noticed a delay in signal and quality to display on the phone on two different satellites (Measat 91.5e and Asiasat 100.5e). It took me so long time to lock in the signals unlike other satellites (like NSS 7@57e, Intelsat 20@68.5e and Apstar 76.5E). I have no idea why I could not pick the signals quick in BT03 while I does pick on the big V8 Finder. Do you have any comments on this?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

vaxi wrote:I also recived my V8 Finder BT03 :D
I must say the device has no issues at all. Marsat ideas is really good and they get +1 from me :D
Can you try to add the watching option for scanned channels ?
Other stuff is said by Marsat ;D

Vaxi
I believe it could be done but not implemented sending the stream to a VLC app like, that would be super!

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Zelalem wrote: Glad to read your reviews. from users point of view, as you have said, the device has no issue. There is a lot to improve in the app, as we can understand that many of the functions are controlled by the application. I have noticed a delay in signal and quality to display on the phone on two different satellites (Measat 91.5e and Asiasat 100.5e). It took me so long time to lock in the signals unlike other satellites (like NSS 7@57e, Intelsat 20@68.5e and Apstar 76.5E). I have no idea why I could not pick the signals quick in BT03 while I does pick on the big V8 Finder. Do you have any comments on this?
Actually the contrary
I have problems always with the Fox's at 55.55 Intelsat 34, I use a spectrum analyzer to fix it But the BT03 did the trick too with other no way

It is possible that your issue could not be replicated on me due the signal power I have on most of the satellites. Most of them as you can see over 90% where the weaker is 65W on South America beam and still strong

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

Zelalem wrote:I was fortunate to have a test free sample gift from Freesat & GTMedia of the new, elegant, simple, but charmingly working little device to pick signal quality and strength captured by LNBs. I tested the new V8 Finder BT(blue tooth) 03 and is working great. The only problem I had during my test was the lack of ADD, EDIT, and DELETE the transponders and satellites already fed into the Freesat Finder App V5.6. It is annoying not to have at times when you look for polarization changes (V to H) and update or edit transponders already loaded into the app. Otherwise, the little BT03 finder is working flawlessly. The Channels search option is great feature in the app. If possible including the channel play option makes it better. Thank you guys.

I get one for test too,i will give you news soon,here it's rainning...i need a clear sky to make my test. Thinks to Gt media Team to send me one sample for testing! ;)
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

CHI

Post by CHI »

As many of you have taken a step to post your feedback about Freesat v8 finder BT03!
Its now my turn to post about my experience with the finder!
Given that its now 3 weeks since I received it and started testing it in various SATs below is my experience with the device!
Pro
1. Its super light weighted and supper accurate signalwise! Here its where I can salute the Freesat team.
2. It uses a very little power from the power bank.
3. Although its covered in plastic, but its plastic is a bit sturdy. When accidentally dropped on a hard surface from 5ft high does not get broken or get broken lines!(mine dropped accidentally but wasn't broken.)
4.it auto connects with the app so no hustle.
5. Its beeper BPM is supper responsive based on the signal quality!
6. I tested it on Measat, Apstar 7, IS20, IS17, Ses5 IS37 and the result were the same on accuracy.
7. Portable, can fit in a jeans small pocket!

Cons
1.Sometimes it disconnects with the App (here its tricky because it could be the vise versa, meaning the App's issue rather than the device it self)

App's issue
1. Does not have a blind scan option.
2.does not allow editing the transponder on the preloaded sats.
Final recommendation.
It would be perfect if it had a stringed handler where you could hold it or hang it to something (holder)

For the app.
It would be a privilege if it would be possible to watch the channel after scan for clear balancing especially for SATs like Apstar 7 where two tps needs adjustment as one tp may scratch when another tp is at a certain signal quality hence needs to compromise a bit on one tp so the other may stabilise, hence the ability to watch the channel in the app would replace the need for connecting to receiver and screen to adjust out the scratches due to tps needing an adjustment in signal quality.
Iam still testing, will give more results.

kyle

Post by kyle »

Guys

Thanks for your advices. we will try to impove our product according to your advices. But it is not possible to watch TV on BT03. because in terms of technology, BT03 is connected to mobilephone by bluetooth, it is not possible to trans TS stream by bluetooth.

in the other hand, in terms of business, BT03 is defined to be low cost, easy-to-use satellite finder, if our customer want to watch TV in a satellite finder, we will suggest him to buy V8 Finder, which is more powerful satellite finder.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

1. Does not have a blind scan option.

Sorry, this is only a star - finding device

Please click the satellite icon to add satellite and TP. Long press to edit

1.png
1.png (62.36 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
2.png
2.png (157.77 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Zelalem wrote:
Marsat wrote:

2. blind scan
3. channelist save

Ok

Pros:
1) Lightweight
6) Compared with...

Better than Sathero 100

Issues:

Images

Image 1
Part of My Dish Farm

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5
Using now the 8" (2,4m)

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Lock on Sat XXX XXXXX

Note:
Glad to read your reviews. from users point of view, as you have said, the device has no issue. There is a lot to improve in the app, as we can understand that many of the functions are controlled by the application. I have noticed a delay in signal and quality to display on the phone on two different satellites (Measat 91.5e and Asiasat 100.5e). It took me so long time to lock in the signals unlike other satellites (like NSS 7@57e, Intelsat 20@68.5e and Apstar 76.5E). I have no idea why I could not pick the signals quick in BT03 while I does pick on the big V8 Finder. Do you have any comments on this?
May I ask if your signal is locked slowly, are you connected to the Diseqc switch? There is a 3 second delay when the lock signal is connected
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Lining wrote:1. Does not have a blind scan option.

Sorry, this is only a star - finding device

Please click the satellite icon to add satellite and TP. Long press to edit

How about increasing the signal strength and quality values size? There is plenty of room to do that

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

May I ask if your signal is locked slowly, are you connected to the Diseqc switch? There is a 3 second delay when the lock signal is connected[/quote]

if you look at my images the 90/95 Signal is for the 1.2m Ku circular Mexico Satellite that is a 4x1 diseqc

The images where shows the name of the downloaded channels TNT, etc in the palm of my hands is:
2.4m solid antena with 4 Norsat LNB 2 C band Vertical and Horizontal polarization and 2 V and H for Ku
Those 4 LNB are connected to a Power inserter Switch 4x8
of those 8 possible "outlets" I use only 4
1) Family room receiver ---> connected to a diseqc 8x1
2) Master Bedroom Receiver ---> connected to a diseqc 8x1
3) Use for sat finder/meter directly

I honestly did not pay attention to the 3 seconds lock. It may be the reason I ALWAYS wait for 5 seconds to get a final signal value. Giving all the devices the time to adjust values due the distance between the antenna and the satellite (22,000 miles or over 35,000km)

It does have a delay when scanning the 4 tp at the same time so jumping from one tp to the other is gap in time which it does not bother me

Just the size for the signal/quality values what it bothers me when adjusting at bright light is difficult to see more for an old guy like me :?

lynsopher

Post by lynsopher »

It the dvb s2 too or not can connect it to PC by USB cable can match with dvbdream powerdvb please

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

Is there a possibility for this device to show that there is a unknown signal that its picking up something.. I have noticed every time signal level go say above 91% and you move your dish and signal wil go 92-93% and you blind scan it with n v7,8 decoder somehow some satellite have been found?
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

rj2010 wrote:Is there a possibility for this device to show that there is a unknown signal that its picking up something.. I have noticed every time signal level go say above 91% and you move your dish and signal wil go 92-93% and you blind scan it with n v7,8 decoder somehow some satellite have been found?
No the way it has been built with preset sat and Tp's

Remember is a low cost sat finder option

I know what you mean tho.. For that I use the spectrum analyzer and when locks and unknown sat it gives me sat info through beacon, although I do not use that much

CHI

Post by CHI »

Any one experiencing a bit of heating on BT03?. Mine has a bit of heating, especially where you attach f connector.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”