Freesat V8 Golden showing no signal on V polarised TPs

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

hsenet

Freesat V8 Golden showing no signal on V polarised TPs

Post by hsenet »

Hi,

I have a freesat v8 golden pointed to IS 20 and IS 19. On both sats on blind scan, the vertical tps just don't get added to or scanned.

When I add vertical tps For example: 3760 V 30000 on IS 19, I get a no signal, tried other V tps on both the satellites, without success.

All the channels on H tps are ok and work without a problem.

I thought that my diseqc switch maybe a problem, so I changed to an STB from a different brand (matrix) no issues at all. can scan V and H tps.

This has started to happen when I upgraded my STB software to V8_Golden_20180803.zip and then subsequently to V8_Golden_20180814.zip.

Please help! not sure what I am doing wrong?

Hsenet

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Freesat V8 Golden showing no signal on V polarised TPs

Post by Feralkiwi »

There is a setting in the antenna settings menu that allows you to set to H only.
Check that. Use Auto.
If you have a second box sharing the same dish through a splitter the 18v H will hold the lower 13v from the second box from using V.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

hsenet

Post by hsenet »

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Could you please let me know the exact setting to look for? Anyway, I will try to look for it tonight.

Thanks for the help! No, I don't have another box connected via a splitter. I just used an unused box to test if V tps were detected.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Menu / Antenna set up / then up / down until you get to the satellite you are having problems with.
Then right arrow and down to the "Polarity".
This should be Auto, not V ro H.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

hsenet

Post by hsenet »

Hi,

The Value in "Polarity" is "Auto". Still, no V TPs are showing any signal!
Is it possible to go back to a working Older firmware?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Isat 19@166e has two vertical TP's that I see here in NZ.
One is the Multistream Channel 9 mux and the other is L-Bird1, also channel 9's feed channel.

Are you certian there are vert TP's to scan where you are
The Multistream needs a 1,2m or bigger dish.

Also Isat19 Ku has an incorrect skew, 15 degrees out from the calculated value.

Owen

hsenet

Post by hsenet »

Hmm Actually it's not just IS19, I cannot get Vertical TPs on ANY satellite in my Area. I have tried like couple of them (Measat, ST2, Asiasat 7, Palapa D2) None of these satellites the Vertical TPs have any singnal.

I am using C-Band on 8ft solid dish. All tps on IS19 and IS20 are like 41 - 43dbW EIRP in my area.
Also as I stated before my other STB from another manufacturer works just fine on the V TPs.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you have a tone sat finder, the type with the moving needle meter and LED's you could see if the Freesat unit is switching to 13V, ie Vertical.

This looks like your Golden has a fault so that it not longer switches to 13v for vertical.

As this started after you upgraded the software I suggest you try this.

First save you user data and sofcam.key files to USB.
Then do a factory reset and download a new copy of the software and load that using "ALL" code method.
After that do not load your user data as that may be the problem.
Re enter your sats manually and then try scanning.

Owen

hsenet

Post by hsenet »

Hi,

I tried your suggestion, no signal on V TPs. I did a factory reset flashed with the newest firmware. Scanned tps manually. No signal on V.
Looks like my Freesat receiver might be broken. I just bought it last April.

Can't believe its broken so quickly :(
Is there anyway to get it fixed?

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”