Freesat V8 Golden Counterfeit ?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

vc2

Freesat V8 Golden Counterfeit ?

Post by vc2 »

I purchased a receiver on Ebay that was advertised as a New Freesat Golden V8 Satellite receiver.

I noticed that the front panel and box on the unit that I received are not the same as the photos shown for the V8 Golden shown on the Freesat web site. Specifically, the Freesat name is shown on the front panel and box on the genuine article. The freesat name does not appear on the box or front panel on the unit that I received.

I'd like to know if this is the genuine article or a counterfeit copy?
V8 Golden Front Panel & Box.jpg
V8 Golden Front Panel & Box.jpg (225.29 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
V8 Golden Bottom.jpg
V8 Golden Bottom.jpg (207.8 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
V8 Golden Rear Panel.jpg
V8 Golden Rear Panel.jpg (167.59 KiB) Viewed 1803 times

mikelsat

Re: Freesat V8 Golden Counterfeit ?

Post by mikelsat »

vc2 wrote:I purchased a receiver on Ebay that was advertised as a New Freesat Golden V8 Satellite receiver.

I noticed that the front panel and box on the unit that I received are not the same as the photos shown for the V8 Golden shown on the Freesat web site. Specifically, the Freesat name is shown on the front panel and box on the genuine article. The freesat name does not appear on the box or front panel on the unit that I received.

V8 Golden Front Panel & Box.jpgV8 Golden Bottom.jpgV8 Golden Rear Panel.jpg
It's probably just an older model, there is similar post here on the V8 super - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8673&p=34290&sid=4 ... aec#p34290

CHI

Post by CHI »

vc2 wrote:I purchased a receiver on Ebay that was advertised as a New Freesat Golden V8 Satellite receiver.

Mine has the logo at the front pannel and I bought it from eBay also!
From the look of those pictures it seem to be genuine.

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

Check the pics on original seller, https://freesat.cc/v8-golden_p0012.html
Try to update it with the original software from the download section. Give news to us! :o
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Same as mine sent by manufacturer. Almost year and a half old. Is Genuine Serial number is only 200 numbers older than mine

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”