V8 Golden AV Settings for Resolution.

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

vc2

V8 Golden AV Settings for Resolution.

Post by vc2 »

Is there a setting that will turn off video scaling and allow the HDMI video output resolution to track the resolution of the tuned channel?

e.g. I want a 480i channel to provide 480i video at the HDMI connector. Likewise, a 720p channel should provide 720p video at the HDMI connector, and a 1080i channel should provide 10801 video at the HDMI connector. (North American Channels)

Presently, my HDMI output setting is set to 1080p which is the native resolution of my flat screen panel. I'm finding, however, that 480i channels look significantly better when the receiver output is set to 480i. Resolution is degraded and scaling artifacts are visible with the 1080p setting. Similarly 1080i channels look best with the 1080i receiver setting and 720p channels look best with the 720p receiver setting.

As it turns out, the TV receiver does a much better job of video scaling than the satellite receiver. There should be a way to turn off satellite receiver scaling and just pass through unaltered video from the tuned channel.

Is this a feature that presently exists, if not, can it be provided?

kolithawick

Re: V8 Golden AV Settings for Resolution.

Post by kolithawick »

I also have suggested this little time ago.
https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3355.
most modern tvs process the picture before display. This process is different for 576i 576p 720i 720p etc.
if the box has AUTO for hdmi output we can out put the hdmi in native format.
this will improve the picture quality.
GT media engineers please look in to this in your future upgrades.

CHI

Post by CHI »

vc2 wrote:Is there a setting that will turn off video scaling and allow the HDMI video output resolution to track the resolution of the tuned channel?

e.g. I want a 480i channel to provide 480i video at the HDMI connector. Likewise, a 720p channel should provide 720p video at the HDMI connector, and a 1080i channel should provide 10801 video at the HDMI connector. (North American Channels)

Presently, my HDMI output setting is set to 1080p which is the native resolution of my flat screen panel. I'm finding, however, that 480i channels look significantly better when the receiver output is set to 480i. Resolution is degraded and scaling artifacts are visible with the 1080p setting. Similarly 1080i channels look best with the 1080i receiver setting and 720p channels look best with the 720p receiver setting.

As it turns out, the TV receiver does a much better job of video scaling than the satellite receiver. There should be a way to turn off satellite receiver scaling and just pass through unaltered video from the tuned channel.

Is this a feature that presently exists, if not, can it be provided?
I think the receiver's HD aim is to provide the highest resolution possible from the decoder without depending on the TV as some TV may not have the best options for AV.and hence jeopardize the company's credit in the industry!

vc2

Post by vc2 »

CHI wrote: I think the receiver's HD aim is to provide the highest resolution possible from the decoder without depending on the TV as some TV may not have the best options for AV.and hence jeopardize the company's credit in the industry!
The transport stream picture quality will always degrade whenever a line rate conversion is performed. Conversion artifacts are often introduced. A Pass-Through without line rate conversion option should be made available. Adding this feature can only help the company's credibility in the industry.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”