Freesat V8 Golden: Question on Dolby AC3 +

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

spirior

Freesat V8 Golden: Question on Dolby AC3 +

Post by spirior »

Hello,
Does it Freesat V8 Golden works in France with TNT for the sound in Dolby digital AC3 + ??
Thank you for your response.

"Dolby Digital Plus
E-AC-3 est dénommé Dolby Digital Plus et améliore le format AC-3 codec. Il permet un débit plus important (jusqu'à 6.144 Kbit/s), plus de canaux audio (jusqu'à 14 canaux en 13.1) et une meilleure compression. Il reste compatible avec le matériel AC-3 dans la mesure où un décodeur Dolby Digital Plus est capable de fournir une sortie au format AC3 sur S/PDIF. Ainsi le matériel (principalement les amplis audio/vidéo) capable de décoder de l'AC3 à partir d'une entrée S/PDIF reste utilisable. Mais il faut absolument avoir un décodeur AC3+. Un décodeur AC3 ne décode pas d'AC3+. En France le passage en juin 2015 de AC3 en AC3+ pour le codage audio des chaînes HD de la TNT sur le multiplex R5 a provoqué la perte du son sur de nombreux décodeurs DVB-T compatibles TNT-HD (mais pas AC3+), comme ceux de la marque Dreambox, ou encore le boîtier Sony PlayTV, certains téléviseurs vendus en 2007 de la marque Sharp et Loewe. "

spirior

Re: Freesat V8 Golden: Question on Dolby AC3 +

Post by spirior »

Si le modéle V8 Golden ne fonctionne pas en Dolby plus AC3, y a t'il un nouveau modèle prévu pour le remplacer, dans un futur proche, avec cette fonction ?

spirior

Post by spirior »

So, dolby digital plus (aec3) for the V8 Golden or not ?? , please.

spirior

Post by spirior »

Whaouuu thank you for your interest.... However the question is not strong.
Last edited by spirior on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

There are only 2 people that can answer that to you and both do not usually post here which are Rambo and Kyle.
I do not think V8 Golden would be upgraded anymore and eventually this decoder will be phase out with an upgraded model

As per AC3 check V7plus, V8 Nova, V9 Super and V7 Plus specs

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

hi V8 Golden support it, could you send us a stream file to analyse. Thanks!
Day Day Up!

spirior

Post by spirior »

Marsat wrote:There are only 2 people that can answer that to you and both do not usually post here which are Rambo and Kyle.
I do not think V8 Golden would be upgraded anymore and eventually this decoder will be phase out with an upgraded model

As per AC3 check V7plus, V8 Nova, V9 Super and V7 Plus specs
Thank you very much !! :) Yes i think there will be a new model for aec3. I hope soon because this model is perfect for me.
The v7 plus work perfeclty in France for the TNT in Dolby digital plus.

spirior

Post by spirior »

Rambo wrote:hi V8 Golden support it, could you send us a stream file to analyse. Thanks!
It works in aec3 ? because the technical spec don't mentionned aec3 conversly to v7 plus.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

spirior wrote:
Rambo wrote:hi V8 Golden support it, could you send us a stream file to analyse. Thanks!
It works in aec3 ? because the technical spec don't mentionned aec3 conversly to v7 plus.
i doubt that however unable to test due my V8 Golden is non functional. Electric storm went to decoder and static ruined it. Was on my home time in Los Angeles and when come back to Miami realized I did not disconnect anything so 3 decoders blown

however I can try with other models and let you know is really is Dolby or emulated

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marsat wrote:
spirior wrote:
i doubt that however unable to test due my V8 Golden is non functional. Electric storm went to decoder and static ruined it. Was on my home time in Los Angeles and when come back to Miami realized I did not disconnect anything so 3 decoders blown

however I can try with other models and let you know is really is Dolby or emulated
ok tried AC3 on V8 Super it works my on my Bose Home theatre

Code: Select all

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/lifestyle-650-home-theater-system-bundle.html#v=ls_650_pkg_ls_650_black

However is not AC3. I just tested Paramount Channel on 58W

What can it be?
1) Codec problems
2) Channel issues
3) Keys (powervu) issues

But there is no surround. No quality just plain stereo
For lack of time have not tested other channels or sats

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marsat wrote:
Marsat wrote:
spirior wrote:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/lifestyle-650-home-theater-system-bundle.html#v=ls_650_pkg_ls_650_black

However is not AC3 "pure" It just decode. I just tested Paramount Channel on 58W

What can it be?
1) Codec problems
2) Channel issues
3) Keys (powervu) issues

spirior

Post by spirior »

Thank you very much Marsat !!

In fact, I ask the question because in France the tnt sound is in Dolby plus ac3. If the decoder is not able to decode the dolby I will simply have no sound. All countries in Europe don't use the Dolby + for the sound. In Spain for example it is not dolby. that's why I always check if not, nothing works, no sound :)
The v7 plus is very good for that but i like v8 golden because it's a combo with iptv and all options. i have just a serious doubt on the dolby like you :)

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

spirior wrote:Thank you very much Marsat !!

In fact, I ask the question because in France the tnt sound is in Dolby plus ac3. If the decoder is not able to decode the dolby I will simply have no sound. All countries in Europe don't use the Dolby + for the sound. In Spain for example it is not dolby. that's why I always check if not, nothing works, no sound :)
The v7 plus is very good for that but i like v8 golden because it's a combo with iptv and all options. i have just a serious doubt on the dolby like you :)
Like I said MY Golden is broken. So I can not compared
I just was watching at lunch a movie HD Paramount Channel at 58W in Spanish. Sub Audio was in english AC3 and that's the way I listened. However although the codec worked. The quality mmmmm :( . Just plain stereo
But I cannot blame the device, codec or keys until I perform more tests And usually I have no satellite receiver connected to my home theater.

spirior

Post by spirior »

This the technical specification for the sound with V8 Golden :

7.Audio Decode

MPEG1 layer I, MPEG1 layer II, MPEG1 layer III, MPEG2 AAC, MPEG4 HE-AAC

Sound Mode

LEFT/RIGHT/STEREO/MONO

Sampling Frequency

32KHz, 44.1KHz, 48KHz
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/V-ritabl ... 6c37mTaMvf

and the specification for the V7 plus :

Audio Decode MPEG1 layer I, MPEG1 layer II, MPEG1 layer III, MPEG2 AAC, MPEG4 HE-AAC,EAC-3
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Original ... Title=true

==> You can see EAC3 in more

spirior

Post by spirior »

If the V8 Golden model does not work in Dolby plus AC3, is there a new model planned to replace it, in the near future, with this function ?

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

hi V8 Golden support Dolby plus AC3. Especially if V7s is OK then V8 will definitely OK.
spirior wrote:If the V8 Golden model does not work in Dolby plus AC3, is there a new model planned to replace it, in the near future, with this function ?
Day Day Up!

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

hi Marsat, it is just decode, no surround. Usually we don't talk about this feature for business reason.
Marsat wrote:
Marsat wrote:
spirior wrote:

However is not AC3. I just tested Paramount Channel on 58W

What can it be?
1) Codec problems
2) Channel issues
3) Keys (powervu) issues

Day Day Up!

spirior

Post by spirior »

Rambo wrote:hi V8 Golden support Dolby plus AC3. Especially if V7s is OK then V8 will definitely OK.
spirior wrote:If the V8 Golden model does not work in Dolby plus AC3, is there a new model planned to replace it, in the near future, with this function ?
Thank you very much Rambo. :) i asked to many sellers (chinese sellers) and nobody known. I think there is a real problem of communication for this model because nobody sell the V8 golden in France. However it's a real good product. Here (in France) everybody sell bad product with very bad quality.. It's too bad.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

[quote="Rambo"]hi Marsat, it is just decode, no surround. Usually we don't talk about this feature for business reason.

I got it!

That is what i thought! just plain codec

However let me tell you I am not a SciFi movies fan I am a crazy dude!.
I lost some episodes of a couple of shows on SyFy Channel and my Satellite Company provides me On Demand for free.
The sound is not bad is HORRIBLE!

spirior

Post by spirior »

So, I think the best model for me is the freesat GTC (model android) and i'm sure with this one for the Dolby +.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”