What about V8 Angle

GTMedia G1 / G2 / G3 /G4 /G5

Moderators: admin, redwoods, GTMedia Team

zcache

What about V8 Angle

Post by zcache »

Hi Freesat,

So long time after you has released the fail firmware for V8 angle, what about news for it? Did you on working? Or discontinue develop the device software, many your customer waiting for good firmware. I'm not rush just ask for the news.

Thank for your reply... :)
V8 Golden /Tested with v.643 20/12/17 properly recognized my irdeto CA card. :D

Lining
网站管理员

Re: What about V8 Angle

Post by Lining »

zcache wrote:Hi Freesat,

So long time after you has released the fail firmware for V8 angle, what about news for it? Did you on working? Or discontinue develop the device software, many your customer waiting for good firmware. I'm not rush just ask for the news.

Hello, new firmware, experience the problems encountered, please feedback to us, we in the new firmware to solve this problem!
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

zcache

Post by zcache »

Lining wrote:
zcache wrote:Hi Freesat,

Hello, new firmware, experience the problems encountered, please feedback to us, we in the new firmware to solve this problem!
Thank for your answer, have you read my previous posted, I often feedback every time that you released new version here. Not only me many other customer also.

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

Hi, can I ask a few questions about v8 angel?

I can't open "Shared Protocol" app

The audio of channels always changes to "left"

the channel list is very confusing, it shows several channels under same number, for example, there are five different channels on number 1, four on number 2, six on number3 etc

how do I apply my Cccam subscription? where do I enter my credentials?

are there any db files of satellite channels that can be used? my dish doesn't have an automated motor and I have to do blind scan for the satellite but
I don't have the frequencies of the channels nor the positions of the satellites. Is it possible to use the databases from my older satellite receiver, powerboxHD?

The option "update online" doesn't work. Where can I download the latest firmware version and is it safe to update? i mean do I have to do all the settings and channel scans all over again?

will a new firmware resolve all of this and where can I download the latest one? which version is the latest one?

there can be found some versions on your forum but I don't know which one is the latest one. The most higher number is:
"Date:2016.12.27
Software version:1.0.7
File:v8angel-ota-20161227.zip"
it says 20161227 but the post itself is from an earlier date "Postby Lining » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:52 am"???
the size of the firmware seems to be 200-500MB, is it true?
and it can't be downloaded

ok, that's about it, for now
any help?

a little info on my model:
Model: Angel
Android: 4.4.2
Build no: KOT49H.20161025 release-keys
Kernel version: 3.10.33 Tue Nov8 11:00:57 CST 2016
Software version: 1.0.6
Hardware version: 002

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

So, I updated the firmware to 1.0.7 (20161226) but I still have the same problem: I cannot enter the "Shared Protocol" app.

zcache

Post by zcache »

mihaildz wrote:So, I updated the firmware to 1.0.7 (20161226) but I still have the same problem: I cannot enter the "Shared Protocol" app.
Have you read this posted? Click everythink are inside. ;)

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

Yes, I have read everything, and I updated the firmware to 1.0.7, but the problem still remains, the "Shared protocoll" app doesn't open. And, furthermore, this morning nothing else worked anymore. Neither the cable nor the satellite tuner worked, just blank, white screen. Just the internet, and while there, how do I manage an IPTV to work? The app provided for this don't accept playlists as text file, do I have to make all of my playlists as single m3u files?

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

But I have updated it already.
I couldn't update it via "online update", it didn't work, so i tried via usb update. I tried with the December update and it couldn't be done. Next, I tried with the November update and it worked ok but it was still v.1.0.6, so I updated again with the December update and this time it was ok. Now the "software version" says 1.0.7.
The thing is, it didn't change anything, the main problem I had, with the Shared protocol app stayed the same. It cannot run, I'm starting it and it turns off immediately. The cable tv and the sat tv worked ok, but this morning both of the tuners didn't work at all. No cable tv, no sat tv no nothing. Only some internet but I can't manage the iptv to work.
I pulled it out, the angel receiver and connected my old one, powerboxHD, until I find a solution. :-)

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

moizhesm wrote:I know, that is look strange, but try to run GooglePlay and add your Google account. I had this problem too, and adding Google account was a solution for me.
I have my google account connected allright but it is not the problem. Google Play works sometimes and sometimes not. The thing is, the "shared protocol" app didn't work from the very beginning. Before the google account and after adding the google account, before the update and after the first and the second update. It still remains. Maybe the app is faulty but it can't be reinstalled. The cable tuner and the satellite tuner suddenly started to work. The shared protocol didn't.

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

I finally managed to open the "Shared protocol" app after doing "factory reset" of the receiver as Vivian suggested. I entered the credentials from my cccam subscription and I have yet to test it if it works as it should. It's funny, after the factory reset, the updated version remained only the tuned stations and the installed apps were gone. :-) It's ok now.
Anyway, as someone said, using this receiver is far from easy, it's not user friendly, it isn't as straightforward as the receivers I had and you need to be tech savvy and pretty calm to use it and not get angry :-) I couldn't set kodi to work with tv streams (even after following detailed steps in a tutorial i found) and I can't find a decent IPTV player. I guess it will take time to get used to this player. Eventually it will work as it should. Probably. But you'll get very frustrated. Apps, add-ons, repos, zips, plugins... way too much of a hustle for a simple thing, to watch something over internet, which is, by the way, pretty easy on a PC- you just start a player and pick what you want to watch.

Well, nobody said it was easy... :-)

mihaildz

Post by mihaildz »

I just stopped to say that it's getting better! Kodi is wonderful, not so easy to use but plenty of possibilities. A lot of add-ons, endless choises. Movies, tv shows, sports... You name it, you've got it! Very nice, very nice indeed :-)

zcache

Post by zcache »

Hello Freesat,
Long and long time passed, what about new version firmware, when will you release? V8Angel is expensive box of Freesat please quickly support.

Return to “GTMedia G SERIES (Android IPTV BOX)”