Give us a software to edit firmware files

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

nitix007

Give us a software to edit firmware files

Post by nitix007 »

All the Freesat Products are great,but sometimes they have issues like all technology today! To make Freesat products better i think the company should show to their users how to edit firmware files , so users and developers will try to make these products better, i also mean we can customize our freesat receivers and make them better! At the end the buyers and the company with profit because a company that allows customazing their own devices attracts more people just like Android phones!
Please Freesat can you show to people how to edit .bin firmwares!! I mean make it kinda "open source" .Give us a program how to edit firmware files like you gave us a program to edit .db files to edit channels list!! Please !!!
Please the users of Freesat if you agree with my request please sign this petition it takes only a couple of seconds so Freesat company with know that this request should be approved!
ALL THE USER PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION - https://www.change.org/p/freesat-compan ... ware-files
Send from iPhone 6s using Safari!

nitix007

Re: Give us a software to edit firmware files

Post by nitix007 »

Send from iPhone 6s using Safari!

dishfarm042

Post by dishfarm042 »

Guess that only 25 people support this shows not much interest, but then not many people are programmers who can edit such things without causing more problems.

kroll

Post by kroll »

Es como pedirle a coca-cola que nos de su receta secreta,las compañias electronicas no deben liberar el codigo fuente de sus firmwares para evitar la pirateria que como bien dice dishfarm042 solo unos cuantos tienen el conocimiento para manejarlo...mejor pidamos que los coders de freesat nos provean de actualizaciones con correccion de bugs y mejoras para nuestro equipo,saludos
10 foot prime focus c band dish w/36 actuator pansat ap-3000 positioner at full arc & freesat V7,V7S2X & sg2100 motor W/ 90cms offset antenna and lnb universal KU 45º at 131º

lme

Post by lme »

never heard of an editor for a firmware bin.
editor only for editing satellites, tp and channels.
Nihil sine Deo!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

lme wrote:never heard of an editor for a firmware bin.
editor only for editing satellites, tp and channels.
A year or two back I did see a firmware editor for the Skybox units on satelliteguys.
I went back to find it and could not. I suspect the powers that be have taken these programs to protect copy write.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Accessories”