Remote Control

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

kenickie

Remote Control

Post by kenickie »

Hello,

I have a v8 Angel.
At the top of the remote control there are some buttons for TV control. How can i activate them. It would be nice to get rid of my TV remote and use only one.
PS: My TV brand is Philips.

Thanks in advance...

Yankee495

Re: Remote Control

Post by Yankee495 »

Hold the TV power button down until it starts blinking on the Freesat remote.
Then press the button with the arrow (TV Input).
Then press the V- and point your TV remote at the Freesat remote and press the V- and you'll see the Freesat remote blink as it reads the codes.

Then press the arrow key again and press V+ and point your TV remote at the Freesat remote and press V+.
Do this for the power button too. It's a bit picky but I got mine within 10 minutes.

kenickie

Post by kenickie »

Thank you very much. It worked! :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Instructions for programming the four learning buttons, TV power, TV IN, V- and V+.

Step 1;
Press and hold TV Power button for 5 seconds until it stops flashing and is on steady
(The red light is under the Control TV Power button).

Step 2;
Press the button to be programmed once.
(Any of the four buttons, including the TV Power button.)
The steady light will now flash slowly.

Step 3;
Point remote to learn from at the learning remote, 2cm apart while pressing the button to learnt.
When learnt, the light will flash 4 times fast and go steady on again.

Step 4;
To program more buttons repeat step 2 and 3.

Step 5;
To end programming press any button outside the control TV area once.

Step 6;
Test to check all buttons are programmed.
If not working repeat programming steps.

Notes:
After 15 seconds the programming will time out and stop the light flashing. Is this happens start again.
Not all remotes have the transmitter in the center of the remote. Try moving the remote around a little.
Programming in a dimly lit or dark room may help.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Post by Eak_Dumnern »

Thanks, Feralkiwi

ThomasTedsmall

Remote Control

Post by ThomasTedsmall »

Your best bet to get a remote control would be to contact LG to see if they still sell them for the DS325B. If they dont, they might be able to recommend alternative remotes that are suitable.

nitix007

Post by nitix007 »

Send from iPhone 6s using Safari!

Deggialcu

Post by Deggialcu »

Someone knows of some universal control compatible with freesat V7 Hd
Regards

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The Skybox and Openbox satellite receiver's remote controls also work the Freesat units.
Freesat don't sell their V8 remote on their Winsat Tech Aliexpress web site.
Other sellers do sell these remotes and searching "V8 Remote" or "V7 Remote" on Aliexpress will find these.
Note that the V8 remote will work the V7 in all normal operations, but if you need to do a forced software reload by the "flash.bin" method (pressing Menu) the V8 remote will not work this function.
This is the standard V8 Remote.
This is the older remote for the V8 Pro and V8 Combo.
This is the V7 remote.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

dannykilo17

Post by dannykilo17 »

I sometimes have my remote go crazy and doesn't work where can i buy a replacement remote thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

dannykilo17 wrote:I sometimes have my remote go crazy and doesn't work where can i buy a replacement remote thanks.
I looked on the Freesat's Winsat Tech site on Aliexpress and they do not have a remote listed.
This reseller has some as do other sellers on Aliexpress.
Freesat.cc website lists one.

Searching Freesat Remote on Aliexpress will find them.

Owen

This remote has programmable buttons at the top left.
You can program these to use for your TV.
This remote works both the V8 and the V7, but may not work the new GTC box.
Also this remote will not do the "flash.bin" software recovery "menu" button push on the V7 units.
There are V7 remotes on Aliexpress too.

dannykilo17

Post by dannykilo17 »

Thank you for the information

Jimmyss

Post by Jimmyss »

nitix007 wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:54 pm
check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDNhFoS2szE
Interesting... thanks

anibalgarrote

Remote Control

Post by anibalgarrote »

Good morning, I have several models of decoders both FreeSat and GTMedia, my question is, Can I use any remote control with any of the decoders regardless of what it is your command ?, more specifically asked another question, Can the remote control work from a GTMedia V7S HD in a GTMedia V9Super?, from my own experience I have verified that the controls of any decoder of the V7 HD, V8 Super, V8 Nova orange, and V9 Super models, work interchangeably, my question is with the V7s HD I do not have it and I do not know if it is compatible, I have a problem with a decoder and I have to buy a controller and I want to make sure it works, I await your response, thank you very much.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It is best that you buy a remote that is a GT Media / Freesat V7 remote.
If you need to do a flash.bin recovery, only the "Menu" button from the V7 remote will work for the recovery, not the V8 command.

Owen

Return to “Accessories”