Power Adapter Low quality

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Tok_Janggut

Post by Tok_Janggut »

100 pieces of power adapter sure got one to two pcs cannot use...

admin
网站管理员

Re: Power Adapter Low quality

Post by admin »

have the quality problem, please contact your sales to change.
one year quality warranting from Freesat team.

Discovery

Post by Discovery »

After 5 month online, daily use, no problem.

wildbill

Post by wildbill »

The power adapter is 12v at 2 amp. These are switching and quality can very. I change to a different type on my v8. There are 3 amp for sale. :D

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

I got some bad 2 amp power supplies with some hard drive cases that I buy from Newegg. The cases are really nice but it seems they had a bad run of power supplies about 2 years ago, it happens. Last year I bought two more of the cases and everything was ok. When I go to garage sales I grab every decent power supply I can find and have a few spare 12v supplies up to 3 and 5 amp! I'm keeping those for something that needs them, my Super seems to run fine on the stock supply.

Also, yard sale routers are a good source of 12v 2 amp supplies. You can pick them up for $2 and it seems Netgear and Linksys use different supplies (shaped totally different) and I've never seen a bad one. Most have the right size plug and proper polarity for my drive cases etc and I think some will fit a Super though I haven't tried one. Some of the newer routers are using 2.5 and 3 amps now so keep an eye out for better supplies at future yard sales and thrift stores.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I brought a Knock off Strong sat unit a few years back and the power supply had problems.
After I unplugged the power supply, with the mains on, from the STB and re plugged it again the audio had a hum in it.

What I think happened is that the power unit was made with too low a voltage electrolytic capacitor.
For a 12 volt supply you need a 25V cap.
If they had used a 18V cap, the over voltage spike when the supply was disconnected would puncher the cap and make it leak and noisy.

Larger caps are more expensive and cost cutting can mean failure.
Also Electrolytic caps need to be hand inserted into boards, adding to costs.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ThomasTedsmall

Post by ThomasTedsmall »

Just got my Archos 70 and am looking to buy an additional or maybe 2 more power adapter , 1 for work and one to take around, any idea on where to get one.

Thanks in advance.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ThomasTedsmall wrote:Just got my Archos 70 and am looking to buy an additional or maybe 2 more power adapter , 1 for work and one to take around, any idea on where to get one.

Thanks in advance.
Freesats site on Aliexpress is here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

GaloGuco wrote:can you send me the pinout of the Sub-d 25 of the MPG pendant adapter I have bought ?
in the documentation there is only a photo oh another adapter without sub-d 25
thanks in advance,
papymomo
Please explain more what device this is?

Owen

afterburn

Post by afterburn »

If you replace a dc power supply make sure that the polarity is correct also - not just the volts and amps.

Pionex2020

Post by Pionex2020 »

afterburn wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:26 am
If you replace a dc power supply make sure that the polarity is correct also - not just the volts and amps.
Excellent advice.

LuisVargas1234

Post by LuisVargas1234 »

12 volts / 2amps.

Return to “Accessories”