Remote Control poor sensor

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Jackdaniel88

Remote Control poor sensor

Post by Jackdaniel88 »

Does anyone face the problem of the box not able to detect command from the remote control from a distance?
I have to bring the remote control very close to the box to change channels. Have tried changing batteries but still not able to switch channels anywhere 1 metre away from the box. There is light in the remote when i try to change channels from a distance but the box does not detect.
Is there anyway i can exchange the remote control?
Or any solution?

Regards,
Jack

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Remote Control poor sensor

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi Jack

What Freesat unit is this problem with?
You can see how bright the signal is from your remote by looking at it through a digital camera.
Compare the Freesat remote with other remotes as to its brightness.
This will show if the problem is the remote or the box.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Jackdaniel88

Post by Jackdaniel88 »

Brightness of the remote seems normal.
The box is V9pro. Is there anyway i can exchange the remote or get a new one?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that the sensor in the box is OK and not bent back or blocked by wire or rubbish in front.
Also check that the plugs from the main board to the front panel are not lose.

Most Freesat models will also respond to the Skybox satellite remote, so if you have one of those or a universal remote you can try that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Accessories”