DB Editor Feedback

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

juan_vale
网站管理员

DB Editor Feedback

Post by juan_vale »

Having used the V7HD and V8Super for a few months I am happy with the way they work. Although they both use the same channel editor,I would like to see some improvements to the editor, I'm sure the sales justify some investment in this.
These are the shortcommings I can see.

1.- when I open a User_db.bin file the file name is not displayed, so if I open a second screen with a different User_db.bin it becomes confusing knowing which is which.

2.- Although I can copy/paste information in an open window, I cannot copy/paste between two windows, so if I want to add a satellite from one file to another, it cannot be done. This is a PITB as a lot of satellites do not scan in with the channel name, so it requires a lot of editing after a rescan. One satellite I use has 120+ channels and they all scan in as Ch-001, Ch-002, Ch-003 etc I have an edited list but no way to add it to a different User_db file.

3.- There is no print out available. The SetEdit program mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1661
does allow a print out, so there is a way round that. That is for the V8, the V7 can be found here

Code: Select all

http://www.setedit.de/SetEdit.php?spr=1&Editor=166&device=Freesat
Choose your language and download... remember these are demo versions, not full versions but the demo will allow you to print out a channel list. No copy/paste with this either.

One improvement to the box would be to have the "Info" screen with no timeout (Like when i push the SAT button). I only get a max of 10 seconds to do any actuator adjustments before that screen disappears. I have to go into menu to get a permanent signal/quality reading. My dish and actuator are old and don't always stop at the exact same point.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: DB Editor Feedback

Post by Feralkiwi »

Re the info display.

If there is EPG for the channel you can push the info button twice and the display stay up.

As for more than 10 seconds, I have always wanted an option for Zero, so that when you change channel the info display is not there for 3 seconds.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

To be honest I don't think I have ever seen any EPG info, but I will check into that.... useful to know.
I'm sure the devs could accommodate everyone, 'info' on/off and if on then timeout or permanent. It's just programming.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

darkness

Post by darkness »

Sounds like a great idea
V7,V8, V8x, V8UHD

highswr

Post by highswr »

Cut and paste from window to window would be great. Has the editor been upgraded recently? I think I have 2.2

Murf006

Post by Murf006 »

What program do you use to open a .bin file.

Return to “Accessories”