Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marsat

Norsat PLL LNB

Post by Marsat »

Hello
I would like to upgrade my LNB to something better

My current configuration is
Lnbs with 2 outputs for 2 receivers

1 C2W-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) Outputs Wideband 3.4 - 4.2GHz from titanium satellite for Linear Polarization
1 C2W-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) Outputs Wideband 3.4 - 4.2GHz sabe qas above for Circular polarization Sat 40.5W and 47.5 W
1 Universal 9750-10600 for Ku

Link for LNB

Code: Select all

[url][code]http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/products#!/C2W-PLL-C-band-LNBF-Dual-2-Outputs-Wideband-3-4-4-2GHz/p/33459501/category=6743545
[/url][/code]

Antenna 2,4m Prime Focus

What I want is this (example) I know there are other brands
Norsat

[url]http://www.norsat.com/low-noise-block-lnbs/[/url]
I know the feedhorn is different to adapt to those blocks

But I knee to know
1) Is it worth it? I mean is really MUCH better than regular LNB's
2) what Feedhorn do you need for, or even if it is possible
A) C band Linear and,
B) C Band circular and,
C) Ku Band linear and,
D) Ku Band Circular
3) How do you connect or what device do you need for multiple Receivers

I do not complain about my current configuration I can get most of the channels from 40,5W up to 131 W however some seems the transponder are weak and a minimum adjustment I loose them.

Thank you in advance

Squom_Bok

Re: Norsat PLL LNB

Post by Squom_Bok »

for norsat LNB you need WR225 waveguide for c band LNB, these are cheep from ali express, few dollars. If you want Ku band and c band from same feed you need something like a bullseys feed with 2 Ku and 2 c ports. there is cheaper option than bullseys from pansat I think? Y

ou could use 1 feed for both linear and circles polarsities is you use a polariser barrel, not needs to push in plate and drop signal, polaroser barrel does both linear and circles from one feed without plate.

Squom_Bok

Post by Squom_Bok »

polariser barrel I talk about in my post up from this ine is big helper for weak circular signals, no plate to block and reduce strenght of signal, help get locking on weak ones.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marsat wrote:Hello
I would like to upgrade my LNB to something better

My current configuration is
Lnbs with 2 outputs for 2 receivers

1 C2W-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) Outputs Wideband 3.4 - 4.2GHz from titanium satellite for Linear Polarization
1 C2W-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) Outputs Wideband 3.4 - 4.2GHz sabe qas above for Circular polarization Sat 40.5W and 47.5 W
1 Universal 9750-10600 for Ku

Link for LNB

[url]http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/products#!/C2W-PLL-C-band-LNBF-Dual-2-Outputs-Wideband-3-4-4-2GHz/p/33459501/category=6743545[/url]
Antenna 2,4m Prime Focus

What I want is this (example) I know there are other brands
Norsat

[url]http://www.norsat.com/low-noise-block-lnbs/[/url]
I know the feedhorn is different to adapt to those blocks

But I knee to know
1) Is it worth it? I mean is really MUCH better than regular LNB's
2) what Feedhorn do you need for, or even if it is possible
A) C band Linear and,
B) C Band circular and,
C) Ku Band linear and,
D) Ku Band Circular
3) How do you connect or what device do you need for multiple Receivers

I do not complain about my current configuration I can get most of the channels from 40,5W up to 131 W however some seems the transponder are weak and a minimum adjustment I loose them.

Thank you in advance
I have a Chaparral Bullseye11 with Norsat C/Ku lnbs and I personally think its the only way to go. If you don't want Ku Chapparal has a C-band only orthomode feedhorn. I also heard the Pansat C/Ku DP-4 is a good one. Its a little more expensive but the results outweigh that.

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

Marsat wrote: 1) Is it worth it? I mean is really MUCH better than regular LNB's
What positioner are you using? One of the main benefits of a corotor is the ability to adjust skew. Does your system have a skew adjustment in the receiver or positioner? I know the Titanium ASC-1 does.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

TWSat wrote:
Marsat wrote: 1) Is it worth it? I mean is really MUCH better than regular LNB's
What positioner are you using?
One of the main benefits of a corotor is the ability to adjust skew. Does your system have a skew adjustment in the receiver or positioner? I know the Titanium ASC-1 does.
ASC-1 is the one I have
Yes it does have skew/polarization adjustments +/- 45 degrees
However I dont use it. I installed Bulleye II that have 2 C band and 2 Ku
I personally don't like the idea of too many moving parts. But is personal.

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

Marsat wrote: ASC-1 is the one I have
Yes it does have skew/polarization adjustments +/- 45 degrees
However I dont use it. I installed Bulleye II that have 2 C band and 2 Ku
I personally don't like the idea of too many moving parts. But is personal.
Ah, I see. Yes, it's less to go wrong so not a bad idea.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

wwiilliiss wrote:how well do those bullseye's work on c band??
see the Ku tube in the middle potentially upsetting c band
I do not have any issue with that feedhorn on either band
HOWEVER: keep in mind that those norsat and "hungry" LNB and you will need a power inserter to make them work properly. Otherwise using these decoder or either you blow the decoder's tuner, does not work or is unstable

Jim

Post by Jim »

wwiilliiss wrote:how well do those bullseye's work on c band??
see the Ku tube in the middle potentially upsetting c band
I have had a Bullseye11 feedhorn and Norsat Lnbs with excellent results on C/Ku. Never have to mess with skew. Its a little more expensive initially but the results outweigh that.

Jim

Post by Jim »

wwiilliiss wrote:How power hungry? 200+ ma??
Should be okay via multiswitch

True-Spec 14/18-2150 power inserters to powe LNBs will work or a Zinwell powered multiswitch wil do the trick.

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

This is what I found out the cheaper LNB need the power switch, but with the high end LNB no switch is need it.

Jim

Post by Jim »

This similar to my set up to power my Norsat Lnb's

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/attachments/002-jpg.82156/

takoulis

Post by takoulis »

i made my own feed using a Chaparral Polarotor and Av-Comm circular polarizer barrel purchased from manufacturer in Australia i am here in the states using a 7 1/2ft Winegard Quadstar dish getting decent reception on all circular polarizations using a Titanium ASC1 to set skew positions with polarizer it works wonderful with very little signal loss on linear polarizations its a lot better than using the Chaparral Corotor international feed no dielectric plate in the middle of the oppening.I have recently acquired a 10ft Winegard Quadstar which i will be putting up this summer i will be using it with this feed.I just had to machine the barrel on the inside to fit the Polarotor and the front outside to fit Chaparral scalar ring,here are some pictures of my setup. F1342.jpg Av-COMM barrel AV-Comm.jpg Polarotor inserted into barrel IMG_0713.JPG Mounted on dish IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0709 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 Vertical +45 IMG_0708 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 Horizontal -45 IMG_0710 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 LHC Horizontal +90 IMG_0707 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 RHC Verical 00

Jim

Post by Jim »

takoulis wrote:i made my own feed using a Chaparral Polarotor and Av-Comm circular polarizer barrel purchased from manufacturer in Australia i am here in the states using a 7 1/2ft Winegard Quadstar dish getting decent reception on all circular polarizations using a Titanium ASC1 to set skew positions with polarizer it works wonderful with very little signal loss on linear polarizations its a lot better than using the Chaparral Corotor international feed no dielectric plate in the middle of the oppening.I have recently acquired a 10ft Winegard Quadstar which i will be putting up this summer i will be using it with this feed.I just had to machine the barrel on the inside to fit the Polarotor and the front outside to fit Chaparral scalar ring,here are some pictures of my setup. F1342.jpg Av-COMM barrel AV-Comm.jpg Polarotor inserted into barrel IMG_0713.JPG Mounted on dish IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0709 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 Vertical +45 IMG_0708 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 Horizontal -45 IMG_0710 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 LHC Horizontal +90 IMG_0707 (2).JPG Setting on ASC1 RHC Verical 00
I have a 10' Winegard Quadstar mesh dish with a Chapparal Bullseye11 feedhorn and with Norsat C/Ku lnbs. This setup works excellent on both C/Ku feeds.

takoulis

Post by takoulis »

[quote="takoulis"]i made my own feed using a Chaparral Polarotor and Av-Comm circular polarizer barrel purchased from manufacturer in Australia i am here in the states using a 7 1/2ft Winegard Quadstar dish getting decent reception on all circular polarizations using a Titanium ASC1 to set skew positions with polarizer it works wonderful with very little signal loss on linear polarizations its a lot better than using the Chaparral Corotor international feed no dielectric plate in the middle of the oppening.I have recently acquired a 10ft Winegard Quadstar which i will be putting up this summer i will be using it with this feed.I just had to machine the barrel on the inside to fit the Polarotor and the front outside to fit Chaparral scalar ring.
IMG_0707 (2).JPG
IMG_0707 (2).JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 5222 times
IMG_0708 (2).JPG
IMG_0708 (2).JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 5222 times
IMG_0709 (2).JPG
IMG_0709 (2).JPG (1010.42 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
IMG_0710 (2).JPG
IMG_0710 (2).JPG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 5222 times

Pictured above are for the skew settings for Vertical-Horizontal + LHC-RHC Polarizations

takoulis

Post by takoulis »

AV-Comm.jpg
AV-Comm.jpg (649.15 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG (654.18 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
This the AV-COMM barrel attached to polarotor and mounted to dish.

tck9

Post by tck9 »

I find norsat to be a bit overpriced. I tried one last year and didn't get any better results with that than any regular old $30 LNB.

Pionex2020

Post by Pionex2020 »

I would like to get 2 old drake lnb's those things work well.

Channel Master

Post by Channel Master »

Let us hope the price is not too expensive. Remember, these are intended for commercial application's. Radio, tv, cable head ends, etc.

Return to “Accessories”