FREESAT V7 HD TRANSPONDERS PROBLEM

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

josephjul40

FREESAT V7 HD TRANSPONDERS PROBLEM

Post by josephjul40 »

Hello member.
I have a freesat v7 hd, it works fine at the begining. So it comes one day i factory reset it, since that day it fails to nab some transponders eg @75e KU it can get the chanels from 11631 V 1500 only. But fails to scan chanel of tp 11665 V 45000 and 11596 V 30000. It fails even to get the signal of those tps while if i change another v7 hd it get them easily. I try to get it several times with the latest software but no changes. I need your help my fellow members here. In some satellites it fails to get signal even one tp nothing

Marsat

Re: FREESAT V7 HD TRANSPONDERS PROBLEM

Post by Marsat »

josephjul40 wrote:Hello member.
I have a freesat v7 hd, it works fine at the begining. So it comes one day i factory reset it, since that day it fails to nab some transponders eg @75e KU it can get the chanels from 11631 V 1500 only. But fails to scan chanel of tp 11665 V 45000 and 11596 V 30000. It fails even to get the signal of those tps while if i change another v7 hd it get them easily. I try to get it several times with the latest software but no changes. I need your help my fellow members here. In some satellites it fails to get signal even one tp nothing
what you can do IF
other decoder works fine and
factory rest does not do the trick is

Completely FLASH the unit to the latest firmware. So it will complete start from zero

josephjul40

Post by josephjul40 »

Marsat wrote:
what you can do IF

Completely FLASH the unit to the latest firmware. So it will complete start from zero

Can you please help me with the step to step on how to complete flash the unit?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As I said on your other post, from the unit that works go to the menu for USB Dump and set the top line to user data ssd and save your channel list to USB.
Then in the factory reset unit do a USB Upgrade and set the top line to User data and select the file lower down for the user data ssd file that you saved from the other unit.

Caution. The V7HD wil save this user data ssd file over top of any file already on the USB.
You can rename these files and still select and use them.
EG; freesatRemaned_v7HD_db_ssdata.bin

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

josephjul40

Post by josephjul40 »

Ok Mr Admn.
I get u, but all the step u give right now i have already done and nothing change. It get all the data from other box including the chanel and tps but no signal to the tps

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

josephjul40 wrote:
Marsat wrote:
what you can do IF

1) Grab a USB Flash Drive and Format it on FAT32. That will erase any hidden files
2) Download latest firma\ware on the download section
3) rename that file to flash.bin
4) Turn your decoder OFF
5) Insert the flash diver on the USB port
6) Keep you rfinger on the MENU button and start pressing continusly at the same time tunr your decoder ON
7) Keep pressing and releasing the Menu button until UPG shows on the decoder LED display and on your TV the Flash Menu
8) Proceed to flash the unit
9) When done will reboot
10) your decoder will be factory set completely cleaned at the version you doownloaded

NOW
dont do anything until you try this
A) Create a TEST satellite
Set your LNB etc ect
add a those transponders that you have issues
Aim the dish to that Satellite
DO a FULL scan Not blind dos FULL so it will scan those TP only

Check the result, if it works you made it

If not, you said you have another decoders place those in the same outlet you have issues not in another part of the house, you may have a short in the line or polarity problems

REMEMBER GUYS

1) When Handling USB Driver or any USB adaptor POWER OFF THE DECODER
2) When plugging IN or OUT the coaxial cable POWER OFF THE DECODER
2) When a lighting storm is close to your property POWER OFF THE DECODER, remover ethernet wire and disconnect the coaxial cable

josephjul40

Post by josephjul40 »

Trying all those ways but nothing changed, am so confused, may be there is a short or polarity problem

josephjul40

Post by josephjul40 »

josephjul40 wrote:Trying all those ways but nothing changed, am so confused, may be there is a short or polarity problem
Attachments
Unit flash
Unit flash
IMG_20180825_101049.jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 3800 times

josephjul40

Post by josephjul40 »

Marsat wrote:
josephjul40 wrote:
Marsat wrote:
what you can do IF

1) Grab a USB Flash Drive and Format it on FAT32. That will erase any hidden files
4) Turn your decoder OFF
6) Keep you rfinger on the MENU button and start pressing continusly at the same time tunr your decoder ON
7) Keep pressing and releasing the Menu button until UPG shows on the decoder LED display and on your TV the Flash Menu
9) When done will reboot
10) your decoder will be factory set completely cleaned at the version you doownloaded

NOW
Set your LNB etc ect

If not, you said you have another decoders place those in the same outlet you have issues not in another part of the house, you may have a short in the line or polarity problems

REMEMBER GUYS

2) When a lighting storm is close to your property POWER OFF THE DECODER, remover ethernet wire and disconnect the coaxial cable

How can i repair a line short or polarity problem?

josephjul40

Post by josephjul40 »

Marsat wrote:
josephjul40 wrote:
Marsat wrote:
what you can do IF

4) Turn your decoder OFF
9) When done will reboot

NOW
Set your LNB etc ect

REMEMBER GUYS

All ways but nothing chaged as u see in the picture below. I try to take the signal from other decoder but nothing chanel come.

How to repair a line short or a polarity problem please.
Thank in advance

Return to “Accessories”