Anyone Speak Spanish?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, Rambo, Freesat Team

Akacheebe

Anyone Speak Spanish?

Postby Akacheebe » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:34 pm

The Wife and I watch some TV programs on WSJX, which is a Satellite broadcast for the Virgin Islands. In the commercials, which are mostly in Spanish they frequently use the term, (and note that this how I "think" it's spelled), saying "java ja", usually with speech emphasis, ie, louder and emphatic if there is such a thing!

So could someone help me out with this by telling me exactly what they are saying?

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Anyone Speak Spanish?

Postby cpr43 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Spanish is my main language and never heard of this before. Maybe French Creole. Google translator come up with " Yes, yes"
Attachments
frencj.png
frencj.png (23.42 KiB) Viewed 527 times

iq180
网站管理员

Postby iq180 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 pm

I am thinking it is Portugues, I could be wrong.

Wilis13

Postby Wilis13 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

I speak spanish but never heard of that. Could be French or Dutch. Alot of the islands were French and Dutch colonies. Not a spanish word though

danini

Postby danini » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:28 am

Akacheebe wrote:The Wife and I watch some TV programs on WSJX, which is a Satellite broadcast for the Virgin Islands. In the commercials, which are mostly in Spanish they frequently use the term, (and note that this how I "think" it's spelled), saying "java ja", usually with speech emphasis, ie, louder and emphatic if there is such a thing!

So could someone help me out with this by telling me exactly what they are saying?

I think you heard "Llama ya" -> Call now

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Postby Feralkiwi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 pm

"Java" is, I think, Coffee.

Could Be "Coffee Yes"

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs and Combo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out on this forum.

Akacheebe

Postby Akacheebe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 pm

danini wrote:
Akacheebe wrote:The Wife and I watch some TV programs on WSJX, which is a Satellite broadcast for the Virgin Islands. In the commercials, which are mostly in Spanish they frequently use the term, (and note that this how I "think" it's spelled), saying "java ja", usually with speech emphasis, ie, louder and emphatic if there is such a thing!

I think you heard "Llama ya" -> Call now

YES! I see the ad on TV and Llama Ya is actually spelled out on the screen and there's usually a phone number listed also.

THANKS!!

Return to “Others”