Eutelsat 114.9w

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Jim

Eutelsat 114.9w

Post by Jim »

Is anyone receiving 3780 V 30000 on Eutelsat 114.9w ? I was receiving it fine up until a week or so ago. I'm receiving the other transponders fine on that satellite.

Re: Eutelsat 114.9w

Post by 840 »

i just checked and it working .

Jim

Post by Jim »

840 wrote:i just checked and it working .
Thank you! It was in my foot print and they must of did something to change that as I no longer receive it.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Jim wrote:
Thank you! It was in my foot print and they must of did something to change that as I no longer receive it.
Jim I forgot your location. EUSAT 115WB cover mostly half of our country not the whole. I have no clue how this was in the past
At the moment I cant test that sat they are watching a 3 hours movie my kids and friends but certainly I can check later in the evening or tomorrow early morning

the footprint is here

Code: Select all

https://www.eutelsat.com/en/satellites/EUTELSAT-115WB-downlink-coverages.html

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marsat wrote:
Jim wrote:
Jim I forgot your location. EUSAT 115WB cover mostly half of our country not the whole. I have no clue how this was in the past
At the moment I cant test that sat they are watching a 3 hours movie my kids and friends but certainly I can check later in the evening or tomorrow early morning

the footprint is here

Code: Select all

https://www.eutelsat.com/en/satellites/EUTELSAT-115WB-downlink-coverages.html
Thanks Marsat I was getting that Mux fine until about two weeks ago and the signal dropped out! I'm in the Southwest and a guy I know lost them in another Southwest state Another guy I know receives it in N. California fine. The other transponders on that bird come in fine. It's like they turned down the power or something ?

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Jim wrote: Thanks Marsat I was getting that Mux fine until about two weeks ago and the signal dropped out! I'm in the Southwest and a guy I know lost them in another Southwest state Another guy I know receives it in N. California fine. The other transponders on that bird come in fine. It's like they turned down the power or something ?
Our side of the country we should not receive this sat according to footprint. Still I should receive it with a 1.9m antenna according to satbeams
As per EutelSat site the "promised" footprint is as follows

As you can see North of Orlando is zip nothing, Nothing on Midwest or even the Heartland
Marginal or lower signal on Southern Florida. I don't Know the Caribbean Mostly Puerto rico. Texas even is at marginal

But if you pay close attention to my home state of California if full strength. But never could have a dish Always living on Complex that HOA never allowed a dish more than Directv or Dish.

And it can be related that we left summer already. Summer for some mysterious ways, the radio waves propagated better from dusk till dawn compared with Winter

I remember a summer in the 80's in Argentina (December) visiting my grandmother. I made many friends through Ham radio. So I took defunt Panam down to Buenos Aires and I took my Ham handheld Yaesu FT207R a relic now. So they have there a VHF repeater in the band of 2m.
The antenna for the repeater was at around 200m from the ground and theoretically and in reality it covers ONLY 60 miles. So welcome party, argentinian BBQ and ...
The squelch opens and in Spanish someone says K6H,,, my American Ham radio call sign are you there? This is YV2...
and I go in english HOLY S....! It can be possible!! The argentinian didn't get it I did right away was my buddy at the University also at his winter Break at Caracas Venezuela!!

FOR ONE hour the signal was 5/5 how far man! almost 4.500 miles away! There is no explanation, could NEVER got one.
Once in a lifetime.

Comeing back at 114,9 I do not get that TP low on the others still I need to fix my aligment issues

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

Marsat wrote:There is no explanation, could NEVER got one.
Once in a lifetime.
It sounds like sporadic E or tropospheric ducting. It's very common during the summer months, although 4,500 kms is exceptional.

This summer I was communicating 5,000kms several times on 6m with 100 watts. Usually my signal carries about 20 miles. Doing it on 2m is even better, more difficult!

The DX Maps website has live reports of long-distance reception, but it all usually happens during the summer months.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

TWSat wrote:
Marsat wrote:There is no explanation, could NEVER got one.
Once in a lifetime.
It sounds like sporadic E or tropospheric ducting. It's very common during the summer months, although 4,500 kms is exceptional.

This summer I was communicating 5,000kms several times on 6m with 100 watts. Usually my signal carries about 20 miles. Doing it on 2m is even better, more difficult!

The DX Maps website has live reports of long-distance reception, but it all usually happens during the summer months.
Ohhh the magic band!!
hehehhe lazy I never even cut a wire for 6m.
I had a friend that did a cross band repeater for many of us, That was the way I used ... long long ago.RIP K6ALI
Never in my life in 2m
Looking to install a 70cm repeater but looking for a place to install it before buying it Don't climb anymore like I used to :(

Return to “Others”