Totally new to satellite

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Sterstar

Totally new to satellite

Post by Sterstar »

Hi all,
I just had my freesat v7 max and was amazed to see so many channels on my tv. I do notice there is a lot of exiciting channels are encrypted which is pretty disappointing. I tried to search for some keys online, however I was not able to understand the keys provided and not knowing how to key in to the box. Can anyone give me some hints or some links for tutorials?

I definitely would like to receive animax channel :lol:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Totally new to satellite

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are some instructions on powervu code entry here. The V7 entry is much the same.

The Freesat units only decrypt powervu, BISS and Tandberg.
Other forms of encryption can be accessed by card sharing, CCam.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Sterstar

Post by Sterstar »

Feralkiwi wrote:There are some instructions on powervu code entry here. The V7 entry is much the same.

The Freesat units only decrypt powervu, BISS and Tandberg.
Other forms of encryption can be accessed by card sharing, CCam.

Owen

Thank you!

I want to know can I install new satellite? For example I want to add PalapaD (113E) to my box. Now I have palapaC2 (113E) installed on my box. Is it possible? I had tried to add a new satellite and do a blind scan yet it didn't come out any channels. Is it because of location where I am at or because of my dish receiver?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you add a new sat you also need to set the antenna settings like switch and LNB frequency.

Do you know what dish you have connected and what LNB it has?
What satellite is that dish pointing at?

There are some instructions here on setting up your unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Sterstar

Post by Sterstar »

Feralkiwi wrote:When you add a new sat you also need to set the antenna settings like switch and LNB frequency.

Do you know what dish you have connected and what LNB it has?
What satellite is that dish pointing at?

There are some instructions here on setting up your unit.

Owen
I have a movable dish and it's LNB is 5150. There are couple of satellites that it is pointing such as intelsat 19, telstar 18... I do not have apstar 5, palapaD and intelsat 20

Sterstar

Post by Sterstar »

Do you have key for 4142/H/29909 ? 166E
I would like to try and see whether it works

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

HI.

If you have a satellite finder, the tone type, place that in you cable and manually move your dish to find the sat locations and then save those locations in the mover box.
If not you can manually add a good known TP and watch for signal strength.
Watch the V7 Max as when you "Save" the position number some dish movers also save that location.
I set up my sat positions in the Freesat units with the mover powered off or the LNB cable disconnected to avoid this. Some mover boxes use the positions saved in them when instructed from the Freesat box and some do not. The ones that do not you need to get the dish in the correct place and then save the position from the Freesat box to save it for use in the mover box.
My channel list are a bit of a mess, but I could sent you one via email if you like. It would have channels on it for the sats in my sky, both current and old channels.
You would need to change the switch setting to match yous.

I see sats from Asaisat 5 @ 100.5e to NSS9@177w.
I find nothing on Isat18 @180e C band now. There is still the French Pacific Island channels on Ku band.
As for 4142 H 30000 on Isat19@166e, this is NHK from Japan. There are two channels in English FTA and two in Japanese scrambled most of the time. This is a strong signal that I use to find the sat. There is no key for the encrypted channels , they are secure. You should scan around 150 channels with a 3m dish from Isat19@166e.

Asiasat 7 @ 105.5e has a lot of channels if you can get that sat.

Owen

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

This post should be posted under the Freesat V7 sub forum not in OTHERS

Sterstar

Post by Sterstar »

May I know 3960/h/30000 113e biss key? I finally got the animax channel but it is encrypted

denden

Post by denden »

New here too. Still in the dark but seeing some lite. Reading my ass off.

Return to “Others”