C band in North America

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

WantFreesatV7

Re: C band in North America

Post by WantFreesatV7 »

They added StartTV too - a bunch of 90s shows like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. And Freesat receivers are of the few that can get these channels since the broadcast is a strange setup - I'm guessing they have bad amps and the transponder is made to look like several individual transponders (I'm guessing the station receivers across the country can't handle MPTS so they found a way to have multiple SPTS on a transponder, but most receivers hate these channels. Yay for Freesat.

MexicanSat

Post by MexicanSat »

Televisa mux has been moved from 135w to its new location at 103w
starting today (power vu)

Fusion HD

El Rey West

El Rey East

Telehit

De Pelicula Clasico

De Pelicula

Ritmoson Latino

Bandamax

Foro TV

TL Novelas
Freesat GtMedia nova v8 Orange / Antena 4 metros / Satelites 40w al 135w.

PlutoPlanet474

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

WantFreesatV7 wrote:They added StartTV too - a bunch of 90s shows like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. And Freesat receivers are of the few that can get these channels since the broadcast is a strange setup - I'm guessing they have bad amps and the transponder is made to look like several individual transponders (I'm guessing the station receivers across the country can't handle MPTS so they found a way to have multiple SPTS on a transponder, but most receivers hate these channels. Yay for Freesat.
I agree, the V7S will lock these channels when they fluctuate on other receivers, which you can even seen the signal and quality levels jump up and down. You'd think they could get them fixed, or that other receivers could get firmware upgrades to make them work. This channel issue has been going off and on for several years now.

PlutoPlanet474

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

My favorite sats are: 87w, 97w, and 99w. 101w is also good.

knotyew

Post by knotyew »

They added StartTV too - a bunch of 90s shows like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. And Freesat receivers are of the few that can get these channels since the broadcast is a strange setup - I'm guessing they have bad amps and the transponder is made to look like several individual transponders (I'm guessing the station receivers across the country can't handle MPTS so they found a way to have multiple SPTS on a transponder, but most receivers hate these channels. Yay for Freesat.
I have a Freesat V7Max, yet it will not lock on to 3965 V, and 3972 V on SES1 the transponders for Start Tv, I get a pixelated picture with broken audio,
I am using a Titanium Satellite C1W-Pll Wide band PLL C-Band LNBF, I get 3953v, 3957v, 3961, 3975v transponders all have a SR & FEC 2734-5/6 with no problem. Just can't lock on and get Start TV.
GT Media V7 Max, GT Media V8 UHD, Titanium Satellite C138

mustardtiger

Post by mustardtiger »

I have the same lnbf on my 10 foot dish and get 95%S and 85%Q on V8 super and V8 nova with these transponders. Sorry I don't own a V7 but would imagine similar results.

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

knotyew wrote:
I have a Freesat V7Max, yet it will not lock on to 3965 V, and 3972 V on SES1 the transponders for Start Tv, I get a pixelated picture with broken audio,
I am using a Titanium Satellite C1W-Pll Wide band PLL C-Band LNBF, I get 3953v, 3957v, 3961, 3975v transponders all have a SR & FEC 2734-5/6 with no problem. Just can't lock on and get Start TV.
I get it fine. Instead of blind scanning, try adding the channel manually then giving the dish a little pull and push to see if you can get it. If so, the dish is slightly misaligned.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

TWSat wrote:
knotyew wrote:
I get it fine. Instead of blind scanning, try adding the channel manually then giving the dish a little pull and push to see if you can get it. If so, the dish is slightly misaligned.
Mostly the issue
I believe he needs to tweak with LNB skew and Focal distance, he possible adjusted the dish on a strong signal TP without checking upon low power ones

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

i have issues with my c1-pll lnb too. might switch back to my old chaparall it got much better signal.

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

bubbs16 wrote:i have issues with my c1-pll lnb too. might switch back to my old chaparall it got much better signal.
I'm surprised that is the case.

The C1-PLL needs to be accurately aligned. You need to make sure it's pointing at the center of the dish, make sure the skew is correct and make sure it's at the right distance from the dish surface. It's tricky but in my experience it should give you a better signal level.

The older LNB is probably screwed down in exactly the correct position. I bet your C1-PLL problems are due to it not being in the right place.

Take a TV out to the dish, finder a weaker channel and try to peak it.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

why does that surprise you ? the old corators get a much better signal cause you can fine tune every single ch man. but i was sick of it locking up in the winter and not changing from h to vertical lol. so i got a new pll

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

bubbs16 wrote:why does that surprise you ? the old corators get a much better signal cause you can fine tune every single ch man. but i was sick of it locking up in the winter and not changing from h to vertical lol. so i got a new pll
Just because I've found the C1-PLL to be more sensitive and more stable, thanks to the PLL it seems to be able to lock weaker signals. But could just be a difference in my set up.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

bubbs16 wrote:i have issues with my c1-pll lnb too. might switch back to my old chaparall it got much better signal.
yeah that is odd :(

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

Marsat wrote:

pm'd you ...

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

bubbs16 wrote:
Marsat wrote:

pm'd you ...
I got it. I responded

Need2learn

Post by Need2learn »

Anyone ever find out how many PowerVu channels are on C Band for N. America?

Jim

Post by Jim »

Need2learn wrote:Anyone ever find out how many PowerVu channels are on C Band for N. America?

Code: Select all

https://www.lyngsat.com
/

https://satbeams.com/

conway

Post by conway »

I am using a 10ft mesh dish and i get signals very strong from 55w to 135w. On 103w I saw a signal strength of 20db. I am even pulling in 11db on PBS

kmem

Post by kmem »

Is it possible to get aggregated guide data from all these birds? Perhaps using something like Plex's live tv provided by Gracenote?

carlosiqm

Post by carlosiqm »

Jim wrote:
Need2learn wrote:Anyone ever find out how many PowerVu channels are on C Band for N. America?

https://www.lyngsat.com
/

https://satbeams.com/

Gracias por la información

rickp

Post by rickp »

humm how many may be viewed is of more importance to me

as far as pll as apposed to analog better stability at lower symbol rates is the main impetus in that technology,,,i would agree that its more than odd it more likely the install off focal point. wonder if the scaler was also replaced or mover CHAPARRAL WANT TO ACCOUNT FOR 1/4 INSIDE IS THE PROBE

rickp

Post by rickp »

OR 1/8 INCH NOT CM

rickp

Post by rickp »

ALSO measure 3 point on dish lip to feed horn see if it centered

PlutoPlanet474

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

kmem wrote:Is it possible to get aggregated guide data from all these birds? Perhaps using something like Plex's live tv provided by Gracenote?
No, but you can make an account with TitanTv, and set up your own personal guide for all the channels you can get, that they have info for. It takes a bit of time, but then you'll be able to bring up a personalized grid guide on your pc to check what's on at any particular time.

vmc2019

Post by vmc2019 »

el eutelsat 113 y el eutelsat 117

Return to “Others”