C band in North America

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

djsenterprises

Re: C band in North America

Post by djsenterprises »

Earlier I was asking dish size I was wanting to use a 1.2 meter dish with disq.2.1 dish mover for North American c band. I have a Tracker 8 for the large dish mover which is getting overly outdated.

Jim

Post by Jim »

I have a 10' satellite dish for C-band North American satellites. The bigger the better for C-band!

Z_finigan

Post by Z_finigan »

Where can I get a list for powervu keys.

mos

Post by mos »

I am to have 8 feet of dish. I get good reception between 99w and 125w. 127w and 131w are too hard. I dont know why.
V8 Golden / V8 Novas / V8X/ GTC / V8 UHD

ed123

Post by ed123 »

I'm using a 12' paraclipse with the co-rotor2 DSR422 as antenna positioner

kmem

Post by kmem »

Is there any chance for a ~1m dish to pick up these birds? I remember I had bookmarked some links with tips to pull C-band in on a small dish but they are all dead now.

Is PV autoroll working for you guys?

Longshot here but isn't PV also used for TWC? Any chance to shoehorn the autoroll onto a DVB-C tuner?

Jim

Post by Jim »

kmem wrote:Is there any chance for a ~1m dish to pick up these birds? I remember I had bookmarked some links with tips to pull C-band in on a small dish but they are all dead now.

Is PV autoroll working for you guys?

Longshot here but isn't PV also used for TWC? Any chance to shoehorn the autoroll onto a DVB-C tuner?
Kmen bigger is better and a 1m dish will not. I have a 10' and would like to get a 12' ,

squall

Post by squall »

el 101° es buen satellite

the 101 ° is good satellite

Bill9

Post by Bill9 »

I have a big dish living in California. I haven't been able to get any stations from 139w for years. Anyone else pulling in channels from 139w?

Bill9

Post by Bill9 »

I move my dish between 101w and 125w.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Bill9 wrote:I have a big dish living in California. I haven't been able to get any stations from 139w for years. Anyone else pulling in channels from 139w?
I tried today with no luck, on AMC10 I get a good signal on 3780H30000 and they are right next door so I guess it's either dead, weak or not being used.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Jim

Post by Jim »

Bill9 wrote:I have a big dish living in California. I haven't been able to get any stations from 139w for years. Anyone else pulling in channels from 139w?
AMC8 is nearing the end of its service and the Alaska Mux moved to 114.9W and the radio to 105.0W some time ago!
https://www.lyngsat.com/america.html

Jim

Post by Jim »

juan_vale wrote:
I tried today with no luck, on AMC10 I get a good signal on 3780H30000 and they are right next door so I guess it's either dead, weak or not being used.
AMC-10 3780 H 30000 is strong for me 95% signal and 85% quality which are scrambled. Try peaking your southern most satellite first for the strongest signal and quality and the try your east and west satellites.

Bill9

Post by Bill9 »

Thanks I will try to adjust my dish to get 139w. I.enjoyed those stations.

highswr

Post by highswr »

Lyngsat is a great resource for "what satellite is active" questions. On C band, as someone said, bigger is better. My dish is a 10' and I covet at 12'. Love C band, not much fade even during heavy rain / snow. The wind does blow my dish a bit but it is an old dish / actuator. Winds have to above 50 mph and come in gusts to notice.

Jim

Post by Jim »

highswr wrote:Lyngsat is a great resource for "what satellite is active" questions. On C band, as someone said, bigger is better. My dish is a 10' and I covet at 12'. Love C band, not much fade even during heavy rain / snow. The wind does blow my dish a bit but it is an old dish / actuator. Winds have to above 50 mph and come in gusts to notice.
Another good source for satellite informaton is https://satbeams.com/

highswr

Post by highswr »

Yep, I forgot https://satbeams.com/ . Actually better in some respects as you can sort stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

MiaSat

Post by MiaSat »

Usually 2.4 you get them all. 3m is the perfect size. Still 1.8 you get a decent amount of Sats

But if you invested in all equipment why a fixed antenna? Add an actuator and use your “favorites” function.

The result your own cable company

Murf006

Post by Murf006 »

where is the best place to buy a satellite dish. Shipping is outrageous to north Carolina and there are none on craigslist. I would appreciate any ideas

Murf006

Post by Murf006 »

What is the minum size c band dish needed if you lived in the southeast part of america. I was thinking of adding a c band lnb to a 4 foot offset dish. would I get anything or would I need a bigger dish. I don't think my wife or neighbors would allow me to get a bigger dish.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Murf006 wrote:What is the minum size c band dish needed if you lived in the southeast part of america. I was thinking of adding a c band lnb to a 4 foot offset dish. would I get anything or would I need a bigger dish. I don't think my wife or neighbors would allow me to get a bigger dish.
A 4' is not going to get you much if anything on C-band. The bigger the dish the better. A 10' or 12' would be ideal with a good feedhorn and Lnb's. I have a 10' mesh dish with a Chapparal Bullseye 11 feed horn with Norsat Lnb's. If you look on say craigslist you can find a 10' or 12' possibly in good shape for free or a small amount.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Jim wrote:
Murf006 wrote:What is the minum size c band dish needed if you lived in the southeast part of america. I was thinking of adding a c band lnb to a 4 foot offset dish. would I get anything or would I need a bigger dish. I don't think my wife or neighbors would allow me to get a bigger dish.
A 4' is not going to get you much if anything on C-band. The bigger the dish the better. A 10' or 12' would be ideal with a good feedhorn and Lnb's. I have a 10' mesh dish with a Chapparal Bullseye 11 feed horn with Norsat Lnb's. If you look on say craigslist you can find a 10' or 12' possibly in good shape for free or a small amount.
wow that is top of the line. Cost more than the dish itself :roll:

4' I agree is too small.
6' You can get something
8" I got almost everything from 40 to 131 W. Just lazy to adjust it better

I want what Jim has but never worked with those PLL Plus I have 3 LNB combines (Ku, C Linear and C Circular)
I dont think Bullseye II handles both polarities

Jim I envy you ! :D

carl

Post by carl »

Has anyone been able to find a new location for WNBC? It left Galaxy 17 at 91W 3920H a couple weeks ago?
Carl
Freesat V8 Golden, V8x, Geosatpro MicroHD and Edision mio 4k.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

carl wrote:Has anyone been able to find a new location for WNBC? It left Galaxy 17 at 91W 3920H a couple weeks ago?
will take a look early Wednesday
I check several NBC but they were not from NY, they're maybe just gone, but I have a zillion of channels most of them without name.

will let know know

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marsat wrote:
Jim wrote:
wow that is top of the line. Cost more than the dish itself :roll:

4' I agree is too small.
6' You can get something
8" I got almost everything from 40 to 131 W. Just lazy to adjust it better

I want what Jim has but never worked with those PLL Plus I have 3 LNB combines (Ku, C Linear and C Circular)
I dont think Bullseye II handles both polarities

Jim I envy you ! :D
Marsat the only think I paid for on that setup is the Norsat Lnb's. I found the rest on Craigslist for free.

Return to “Others”