DVB-T Encoder / Sender.

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

DVB-T Encoder / Sender.

Post by Feralkiwi »

Remember the days of the Video sender?
Like your old VCR sent its signal from the VCR to the TV via the areal cable.

The modern digital is a DVB-T sender.
This encodes the signal and transmits it on a UHF frequency to your TV in a format the same as you receive digital TV.
This means you can see that signal along with the Freeview signals with out changing input on your TV.

There are many of these around now.

I brought the cheapest I have seen so far.
HDMI Extender.JPG
HDMI Extender.JPG (35.16 KiB) Viewed 1629 times

HDMI DVB-T Modulator Convert HDMI Extender signal to digital DVB-T HDMI TO DVB-T Modulator TV Receiver Support RF Output

Brought from Shenzhen Sun-Stars Technology Co,.Ltd on Aliexpress for US $103.50 ($NZ150.00)

Item link

So to the review:

Well it worked!!
It has only HDMI input.
There is only one thing you can do to set this item up, set the frequency using the switches on the box.
HDMI Extender2.JPG
HDMI Extender2.JPG (37.69 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
The left four are for the first digit and the right four for the second digit of the channel number in binary.
So channel 26 is 0010,0110.

Tuning from my Freesat combo STB, Veon and Sony TV's find the channel called "AIR_CH_514_8M".
That being channel 26 is 514000kHz and 8MHz channel width, the same as NZ.
Channel 68 is "AIR_CH_850_8M".

The Sony and the Freesat add the extra channel, but the Veon changed the earlier channel to the new one.
This means I do not know if you can tune to more than one of these senders with a Veon TV.
(Veon TV's are a named brand for 'The Warehouse" retail store in NZ)

The Sony and Veon TV's would not allow renaming of the channel, the Freesat Combo unit does.

Changing channel at the source has no effect as the output setting on the STB I used is fixed at what I set it to, 1080i, Pal.
Changing the output setting in the source STB with the sender connected worked from PAL to NTSC but not back without powering off the sender.
Changing the resolution needed power off too.
The unit sorts out what it is getting and works from there.
Changing the switch channel selection while the unit is powered on changes the frequency but not the channel name.

I tried using a frequency close to the Freeview NZ channels, ie 33 and I could not get a clear signal.
Two channels away from Freeview NZ is fine, ie 26 when Christchurch has 28.

The unit is 75mm square and has only one chip inside.

My biggest fear with this unit was that Freeview New Zealand would refuse to "see" it.
My Veon (3 different TV's) and my Sony (in generic mode) all saw it.

There is no EPG passed with the signal so this channel does not show on the "Guide" on Freeview NZ TV's.