Dual satellite tuner receiver?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

stone1150

Dual satellite tuner receiver?

Post by stone1150 »

Good day! I have to thank you for what I consider an excellent product with the GT Combo. That said, it does have an issue with smooth 4:2:2 but figure that would be fixed with a new receiver as this model, (GT Combo) has been out for awhile now. That said, I am in the market for a new receiver. Many would love to see a smooth 4:2:2 picture, and if possible a dual tuner model that could be setup for two dishes. I have an old xxxxxx that I now use for Ku reception, but it does not have all the bells and whistles.... if you get my drift ;) . I tried to get the GT Combo to run both motorized dishes, but it can't seem to be done. I try to set up a diseq-c switch and then set the 10 footer to run on Diseq-c 1, and the Ku to move on Diseq-c 2 . I have a Diseq-c box to move the big dish, and use the USALS option for the Ku dish so as to not cross signals. A dual tuner box would solve this issue for those of us that run two dishes. Also switching between the two dishes could be done with a simple button press on the remote.
I was looking at the GTX Combo as an upgrade, but would rather purchase a dual satellite tuner instead. Either way, hope to make a purchase soon as I do like the products. Thanks for your time in reading this. Hope to hear about the possibility of a box with two satellite tuners maybe being in the makings??? Good Day!

Stone

STRETCH

Re: Dual satellite tuner receiver?

Post by STRETCH »

If you have a (A/B Switch), you could use the two dishes, but only one at time.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Dual satellite tuner receiver?

Post by Feralkiwi »

I find it best to have the USALS ku mover on port one of a DiSEqC switch as if a power surge happens the switch reverts to port one.

Remember you can not use a 22kHz switch before USALS or DiSEqC movers. The control pulses are 22kHz, so the 22kHz switch will pulse as well.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Others”