Best Receiver

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

machteck

Best Receiver

Post by machteck »

What is the best Freesat receiver for powervu keys, usals, Dsieq switching ?
Larry

machteck

Re: Best Receiver

Post by machteck »

surely someone has some opinions on these receivers, the V9 Super is sure not a good receiver at this time. :(
Larry

bernie

Post by bernie »

machteck wrote:surely someone has some opinions on these receivers, the V9 Super is sure not a good receiver at this time. :(
Hi machteck.

My experience has been in summary get a V8 Super and a V7HD. It seems all the old freesat units have the firmware work well but the new GT Media units like the V9,V8 nova don't. I don't use USALS or diseq switching so I can't comment. I have 4 models. I have two V7, two V7S, two V8 super and a V9 Super. The V8 doesn't seem to autoroll powervu well. The V7S and V9 have been retired until the firmware gets fixed.

The v7hd seems the best at autoroll powervu because it finds them quick and saves them to USB the best. Some channels change keys quicker than others so if my V8 won't open them I use the V7 to find the key then plug it into the V8. I have had some channels that the v7 won't open either. the V7 doesn't have as much memory so I have had issues where the HD live picture on the ABC channels on 95W and 99W froze and sometimes the audio went way out of sync. it did that on both of my v7. it doesn't on my V8.

So I use the V8 Super as my daily use receiver to move my c-band dish using a diseq1.2 mover. I don't use USALS or diseq switching so I can't comment.

Hopefully this info helps you :)
several 3M dishes, V9 Super, V7HD, V7SHD, V8 Super

bernie

Post by bernie »

oh and I always recommend saving a copy of the allcode bin firmware right away so just in case the lastest firmware has broken something like the autoroll you can go back. both of my v7 were purchased from the factory not ebay so they had older firmware that I saved just in case.
several 3M dishes, V9 Super, V7HD, V7SHD, V8 Super

machteck

Post by machteck »

Thanks bernie I have a v8 Golden, 2 v7 HD, 1 skybox and 1 Amiko hd se there is a little something wrong with every one of them. I guess thats to be expected for inexpensive STB's. The v8 Super was my next choice but after this V9 experience thought id get some other people experience and opinions. U are right about saving the original firmware first. That was a big mistake i made on the V9 i bricked it trying to get the powervu keys to work, finally got it reloaded thanks to Mr lost a moderator on the FORO 4G website which is also a member here.
Larry

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As for DiSEqC my V8 Golden and V7HD / Combo units all work well with DiSEqC switching.
I use cascade switching, both 1.1 and 1.0 starting with an eight port switch and many 4 ports after that.

I found the V8 golden and V7HD have problems with a sensitive over current protection and do not like to work the USALS through a switch. If the over current trips in the first uncommitted 8 port switch reverts to port 1.
I have a signal splitter at the set top box to limit the current spike so that my switching works.
DiSEqC mover commands work fine as well, but due to interference from the electric fence I now have my mover on manual only.

The GTC does NOT switch 1.1 and 1.0. I have only been able to use this box direct to a dish.
I have not tried it through just a 1.0 switch yet.

My V8 Golden finds powervu codes better than my V7 Combo. I swap the softcam.key file the other way to what Bernie does.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

machteck

Post by machteck »

Feralkiwi what is ur opinion on the V8 nova?
Larry

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

machteck wrote:Feralkiwi what is ur opinion on the V8 nova?
I don't have one but expect it is just a V8 Super with H265 added.

It would be nice to play with one.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

machteck

Post by machteck »

Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen
Think i'm going to buy one ,what is H265 ? one more question and i'll quit bothering u would u buy direct from Winsat or a dealer on Ebay or do u have a preferred supplier. Thanks,
Larry

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen
I have one on the way, the H265 and the built in wifi is why I ordered one, and it was time for a new toy, LOL.

machteck

Post by machteck »

iq180 wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen
I have one on the way, the H265 and the built in wifi is why I ordered one, and it was time for a new toy, LOL.
I now have one on the way.
Larry

Z_finigan

Post by Z_finigan »

I'm not sure if they are the best. I've had mine 2 months. And it does not work as well as it should for the 100 dollars I paid for it.

I'm trying to stay calm. But out of all the fta receivers I've owned.
I have the freesat gt. And I can't use it. And since the 3rd upgrade. I don't even hook it up. Till I see a upgrade online.

But I have 2 Ismart. 20 dollars each. Both work fine. Power vu. Motor control works as well.

This is the first box I got that does not work as advertised.

I may seem testy, but how would you feel. 100 dollars. That's a lot for something directly from China.

zoricua1981

Post by zoricua1981 »

freesat v7 hd

Scratch2765

Post by Scratch2765 »

I have the V7 HD and it works very well. I see some lag in the video audio sinc after changing a channel (milliseconds). Very nice little compact box. I also have a ibravebox f10s, but it doesn't roll as well with a key change. I am looking at the new android boxes from GT media. In the next few months I will be purchasing and giving it a shot.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Please post any comments on theV8 Nova or V8 Super

I am using a V7 max now and it works good but i wanted to try streaming around the house in the future so i can watch sat channels on a laptop
But its hard to figure out what to do because there were a few negative comment on the new Nova

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Marantz wrote:Please post any comments on theV8 Nova or V8 Super

I am using a V7 max now and it works good but i wanted to try streaming around the house in the future so i can watch sat channels on a laptop
But its hard to figure out what to do because there were a few negative comment on the new Nova
Well I have tested a few of them and the Freesat V8 Super has less problems, over all I think if I had to buy one today it would be the V8 super.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Thank you iq180

its just one of those things you like to ask someone that has tried the various models and get their opinion and experience before you buy .
i will try and get a V8 super before the supply runs low and i have no choice

Hopefully this subject/thread will continue and someone else besides me can benefit

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marantz wrote:Thank you iq180

its just one of those things you like to ask someone that has tried the various models and get their opinion and experience before you buy .
i will try and get a V8 super before the supply runs low and i have no choice

Hopefully this subject/thread will continue and someone else besides me can benefit
My V8 Super will arrive tomorrow and I compare the differences between my V7 and this receiver!

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Great Jim
Please keep me posted

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marantz wrote:Great Jim
Please keep me posted
Well I received my V8 Super and the little time I''ve had to play with I like what I'm seeing so far. I will let you know more as I get more time to fool with it.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

There are almost 1500 views ,how about a few more people add there experience with their receiver.

I am thinking about buying a V8 super or V8 Nova in the next few weeks .anymore comments?

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marantz wrote:There are almost 1500 views ,how about a few more people add there experience with their receiver.

I am thinking about buying a V8 super or V8 Nova in the next few weeks .anymore comments?
Marantz I've only had my V8 Super a couple of days and so far I'm very happy with it. It similar to my V7 in operation but an upgrade in quality and performance. I would buy another one for sure.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi Jim

Thank you for your advice .
if you decide to try the streaming feature please let me know how it works (sat2ip)

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marantz wrote:Hi Jim

if you decide to try the streaming feature please let me know how it works (sat2ip)
Hey
You never done it??

It's cool!!

But it has its limitations

Jim

Post by Jim »

Marsat wrote:
Marantz wrote:Hi Jim

Hey
You never done it??

It's cool!!

But it has its limitations
No I have not tried it yet but I will give it a try this week. Been busy doing other things but when I had time I set up all my satellites and settings! :D

Return to “Others”