Have anyone tried?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marsat

Have anyone tried?

Post by Marsat »

Hey Guys,
Yeah well now is my turn to ask. Yes I am an engineer but I do not know EVERYTHING, what is more some technicians with the expertise knows more than me.
Anyway
My question is IF some know or have tried to do a little IPTV service with SAT receiver to like an static IP

Example
Satellite dish on 58W to Freesat V8 Super --> internet connection on Static IP --- generates URL

User other side picks up with IPTV device

The other question is
If I get same example 58 with V8 Super I get all TP when passed to IP, is only ONE TP, how can can it be done?

Thank you guys!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Have anyone tried?

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you talking about Sat2IP?

Yankee495 did a lot of posts on this very early day for this forum.
There was also posts on setting up a net switch to serve IP locally etc.

Searching "Sat2IP" on the forum brings up these old posts on page 8.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Thank you Owen
I did tried SAT2IP sometime last year without any issue. I see that many have other issues like:
Speed or bandwith. I have 1GB up/down almost same speed on both Fiber Optic and I have no cap on usage.
If I want the ISP can provide me with up to 8 I believe static IP addresses for USD $15 or $20 I do not remember
I do have a switch up to 8, that I do not use and yes is Giga not 100x
So I can connect up tp 8 Freesat there

The part I could not find is how to stream to more than one user. I believe has to be handled by software.
So my thinking is each port does not matter if it is Static IP that is for external "view" it goes still to same router, so each individual Freesat say a V8 Super it is assigned an individual IP address by the router like
192.168.1.123 for V8 Super (1) at 58W TP 3840 H 123456
192.168.1.456 for V8 Super (2) at 101W TO 4100 V 123456
and so on

Then with a slave computer AKA "server" and a loaded IPTV software you should handle all those IP and SAT2IP protocols

I found a couple of software Haven't contacted them one wants 50 Euros per month the other like $200 US per month. was not planning to commercialize this, but I have friends and family that wants my programming and leave in apartments complex.

But I wanted to monetized this Hobby I wouldn't use a cheap 8' antenna, I should have a Simulsat 5 Antenna(*) and some Scientific Atlanta PowerVu D9850

(*) is the only antenna on the market about 5 m big that can at the same time get 35 sats in a 70 degrees arc
Each one it can be purchase more or less with LNB around USD 30,000 used right, well like everything with cash on hand always room to bargain

Plus receivers and software installation, FCC (Federal Communications Commission) the Government entity who regulates Broadcasting in the USA which they charge per a fee according how may customers you have, local, State and federal Taxes AKA Uncle SAM, other countries called it VAT or IVA

So say it a $40,000 USD to Start
Give users all FTA channels that you do not need Powervu or any pirate anything we are talking about legal
Charge say introductory Fee of $50 per year!!! that is $50,000 for 1,000 users
Which you pay off the investment and installation etc which is only one time
The more users you can add Premium
HBO Showtime PLayboy Venus etc
And because you pay for how many users pay for those will not break your budget

That is he reason all cable companies are migrating to IPTV that is why the rumors of AT&T wants to discontinue its satellite division DirecTV. Now with a simple app on your TV you get all this like SlingTV from Dish Network,

Keep studying see if I can get an open source software

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Ok
like I thought i was
It is not ONLY using SAT2IP, is part
As is server based

So What is going to be is like this
We know SAPT 2IP only stream one TP
So I have my dish aimed to say 58W C band and the best TP are around 10 tps (each say 10 channels) is 100 channels that I can stream
But I need 10 receivers
So I need a 4x16 multiswitch per saying, that gives up to 16 receivers on only one sat only one LNB (or two if Norsat Brand or any downconverter)
each receiver obviously conected to the router x8 x 16 depending on how many receivers you connect. the router connected to Receiver the do not need to be feeded with internet connection, but as intranet where is assigned a unique IP address internally in the format
192.168.X.XXX
But for each channel streamed (that is the part I need to figure out).
The SAT2IP SHOULD give something like this (INTERNALLY) not going out to the internet
'http://192.168.234/freesat1/ABC-Channel.html'
'http://192.168.234/freesat1/Channel05.html'
and so on
If that can be accomplish EUREKA!

-----------

Ok now the easy part for me!
Server
IT mas be handle by a server paid or not paid content
Due is this my daily stuff, I can deploy a server in 2 minutes.
Ok I have the server now
I download the software for free or paid (more toys to play around) Many advantages on paid subcription.

Once installed the software on the server, is the creation of the content in adding those internal URL link of EACH channel to the IPTV server.
Then there the server you open the port to the outside world.

Free software limit you to certain devices, there is no support etc

Will work on that after I done with my damm LNB and wait work second C band antenna
by the time been I will get the software up and running and put to work abandon receivers that are full of dust

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

UPDATE

I managed to stream at least AMC 21 Ku 7 channels HD and SD
Incredible image and definition, just some adjustment on VLC due caching on HD for freezing

I thing the good is that I MAY BE italic, bold and underlined due I am speaking out loud, that I could stream the whole sat at the same time all tp's. Will do that later
Now Like I said before
each channel is stream in the format
'http://192.168.1.123/3190_1_1429_3000_1_2_3.ts for channel ABC
'http://192.168.1.123/3190_1_1429_3000_1_2_4.ts for channel ABC HD and so on

being 192.168.1.123 the URL assigned ny my router to Freesat V8 Super

So I have the URL link for each channel that V8 Super is streaming, those I have to place -obviously- copy and paste on the IPTV server. For each channel.

Server is done, however the ONLY IPTV server I had in mine was removed the download link, you need to request the software bit it has been 3 days no news (at least the courtesy of say NO) due to piracy.

But i done it, though it was more complicated.

Just need to test about streaming the WHOLE Sat, for that will go to 97W Ku that are a zillon of open channels.(*)

Keep ya' all posted!

(*) As of July 20th Still waiting for my C band LNB wont arrive until next week working on Ku by the time being

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

UPDATE 2

OK I move the dish to 97W ... 183 channels a couple of those scrambled not many i believe only 3 give or take. So mostly the whole bird in KU Band is opened

So I added only 86 my finger got tired of marking what channels to stream :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of them pristine image on my MAC via VLC for Mac. Except for HS that still freezes, but that is another tweak I need to work on that that is another story. The point it works!

and an example on my Desktop computer

Inconvenience that encountered

1) Bandwidth with HD. It it obvious that need more "juice" in resources than HD. So I need to work on cache size
2) Freezing. I have only 2 points with decoders Master Bedroom and Family room. Both have a repeater. Master Bedroom works better due I have it in 5GHZ band, Family room is only 2,4G do not needed more just for IKS connection. But this one gave inconvenience because is router after router and have problems assigning IP addresses and have conflicts, SOLVED (temporarily) by adding a USB Antenna and connected to main router in 2,4 G it does loose some connectivity but not that much like I tough. My house is a mess in Wi-Fi interference. I have over 45 devices, lights, computers tables phones, refrigerator, washing machine, you have no idea all the damm devices now works on Wi-fi
But know look at the image is SD

What else

1) Need the IPTV software the most import part now
2) Need to though a wire straight (ethernet) to the decoder

And the last part. I need to figure out (but I need the IPTV software) IF
A) Use an external server on the cloud. Open a port on my router and send those links URL to the server
B) I locally host the server in my house assigning an static IP so users can get in. is that is the case I just need and IP address I have a computer that I got crazy with windows and destroyed Windows 10 completed format it and added the Server Software

So I am working on that now..

Almost forgot
With this test I have proved that I ONLY need one decoder per satellite. With downconverter PLL LNB that the antenna is aimed to one SAT AND can download at the same time Ku and C Band. all can be streamed at the same time no matter how many channels
So if you want to stream 4 satellites you need
4 Fixed dish antennas. (*)
4 decoders that have SAT2IP function (*)
an ethernet switch or a router that has 4 free ports
and enjoy your new SAT company

(*) so that is another test if I have multiple LNB on only one dish if V8 Super as the one I have available is able to stream from 4 to 8 ports at the same time. I say no, But I have to check to prove me wrong

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

OK
Until I dont have the software to administrate the IPTV service I will put this on hold...

I have tried one but there is NO much explanation on installation. It breaks if certain server conditions are not met. Finally I partially made it work, still puzzle me if the software version is kinda of antique to the new server versions that are in the market like Ubuntu 16,04 or 18.04 or Debian 9

So I wrote the developer see what happends

Now questions to those who uses SAT2IP or used

1) Have you tried to use on more than one remote device at the same time? does it work?
2) I noticed that I think the remote user when selecting a channel changes the channel on the decoder, is that true or was my imagination?
3) also I could not get rid of the "freezing" issue. OK I am using 2,4 Mhz wifi not 5G or ethernet. But could it be the V8 Super processor
4) Do you guys know a better app than VLC or that is the best?

I can not test them throughly due I am rewiring the whole system and the Family room where I have all devices is far away from my Home Office

Not able to work on this until mid week

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

LAST UPDATE

PROJECT ABANDONED

Reasons:
User are able to change the decoder channels. So NO TESTED but for sure is not for multistreaming
Unstable streaming on HD does not matter if 1GB it could be slow processor

The idea still is good but move forward

momcina

Post by momcina »

Marsat wrote:LAST UPDATE

PROJECT ABANDONED

Reasons:
User are able to change the decoder channels. So NO TESTED but for sure is not for multistreaming

So, did you find solution for this? I am very interesting for this, but unfortunately i dont know anything about this. :(

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

momcina wrote:
Marsat wrote:LAST UPDATE

PROJECT ABANDONED

Reasons:

So, did you find solution for this? I am very interesting for this, but unfortunately i dont know anything about this. :(
It can be done due each time you change remotely the chanel it changes on the decoder.
So for example
I am streaming Paramount channel everybody watching that, If someone changes it changes all. Also in HD is not stable and frozen up due the processor is slow
It need a decoder specially for IP

TWSat

Post by TWSat »

I'm set up a channel stream for multiple users but abandoned Sat2IP. I use an old PC and the freeware OBS software to stream to a server. I think you need a server to allow for multiple users.

Return to “Others”