Removing Spammers from the Members list.

Published News from here

Moderators: admin, Rambo

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Removing Spammers from the Members list.

Postby Feralkiwi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm

I am currently removing spammers accounts from the Members list of this web site.
Today I deleted 2979 spammer accounts after days of marking as them spammers in the system of this board.
These accounts have no posts, but there are thousands of them in the list.

If by mistake I deactivate and later delete your account, I am sorry.
So far the moderators on this board have only made this mistake twice with users.
If you contact us we can reinstate your account.

Tuesday 13 Mar:
I have removed 13000 spam accounts, so far, that were started but not opened, from the Members list.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Nova, GTC, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs, Combo and V7s. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Eak_Dumnern
网站管理员

Re: Removing Spammers from the Members list.

Postby Eak_Dumnern » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 am

I see your delete inactivate member in log already, I ever delete our member mistake once time and recover later. Thanks Owen.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Removing Spammers from the Members list.

Postby Feralkiwi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 pm

I have now finished clearing the older spam bot accounts from the board.

New users are being logged in at user counts over 32000 and the board now has only 9000 members.
Over 20,000 accounts gone!

I deleted accounts in the following ways:

Account that had been registered but not logged on to, older than this month.
Accounts that had birthdays, website links etc added but the user had registered and last logged on in less than 60 seconds.
Multiple accounts registered from the same IP address, More than 2 per IP with no posts, check manually.
Accounts with user names in sequence, Gapedbix, Papedbix etc.
Accounts with secondary data as a variation of the user name, detectiver / detectiverVZ.

I found I could download a backup of the user data (as administrator) and process it with a spread sheet.
This was much faster than my earlier checking through the members lists.

Many user names are again available for user and the links from the members list to objectionable and spam websites are removed.

Owen
Dishes; 5x3m, 2.4m, 2.1m, 1.8m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. Skybox F5, F5s, V6, V8. Openbox V8 Combo, Pro, Freesat V8 Golden, Nova, GTC, Super and Angle (Sample). Freesat V7HDs, Combo and V7s. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Announcement”