Chrome Not Playing Videos

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

thenic123

Chrome Not Playing Videos

Post by thenic123 »

Chrome is NOT playing videos from sites like Dailymotion and other movie/TV sites. They work fine on PC and my Samsung Tablet.

What would be the issue and a fix. See attached pics.

TIA

roman1963

Re: Chrome Not Playing Videos

Post by roman1963 »

Install firefox android and ublock origin plugin and everything should work.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It may be that the censorship settings that are downloaded by Chrome are blocking those web site, like they block RT News streaming.

There is a setting in the android system that allows you to remove the updates that Chrome has done, like a factory reset just for Chrome.
The problem re blocked sites is that the blocking is added by Chrome to the video player, so using another browser like TVBrowser also will not play as that other browser uses the same player.

What I needed to do was factory reset the GT Combo, with the net disconnected.
Remember that all data, channel lists, IPTV, Ccam, etc are lost with a reset, so save save.
Having the net disconnected stops Chrome from updating while you disable it. For me it normally took 3 days for Chrome to update.
Then in the setting apps all apps click on Chrome and disable it.
I also disable all the google stuff as well and any other app that I do not use that can be disabled.
Then I load TVBrowser and run that as my browser.

There as limitations with TVBrowser. Many web sites now will not connect to you if they do not LIKE the browser you use.
Here in NZ, Trademe, our auction site, Countdown supermarket do not let you use TVBrowser.
Why you ask? Well maybe they can not SEE all the stuff in your PC, like cookies that they want.
Trademe was reported as using users PC's to mine bitcoin for Trademe.

It may be worth a test.

If you do not want to load TV Browser, try those web sites after a full system factory reset.
If they work then and in 3 days after Chrome has updated, shown by the Chrome browser then having a refresh button, you find that you can no longer access those web site, then you know why.

Owen
Attachments
tvBrowser.zip
(6.73 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

thenic123

Post by thenic123 »

roman1963 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:42 pm
Install firefox android and ublock origin plugin and everything should work.
This worked.

thenic123

Post by thenic123 »

Can the wireless logitech touch keyboard K400 be used as an input device on the GTcombo?

redwoods
网站管理员

Post by redwoods »

thenic123 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:12 am
Can the wireless logitech touch keyboard K400 be used as an input device on the GTcombo?
Can use. But I'm not sure whether all functions are normal, such as the touch part.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”