Version 39 Makes box even less user friendly

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

quark

Version 39 Makes box even less user friendly

Post by quark »

Reboot wipes out my Satellite antenna settings. Even if you re-enter them, the system removes them again on the next boot. Luckily I only use 1 satellite for my testing.

Also lost ADB(Android Data Bridge) connectivity.

Will need to install fresh factory image and upgrade again.
Last edited by quark on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freesatv7

Re: Version 39 Makes box even less user friendly

Post by freesatv7 »

quark wrote:Apparently the mfg doesn't want us to be able to modify anything on the box even though we own it.

Do NOT Root if you are using v39. Rooting will wipe out your antenna settings. Even if you re-enter them, they remove them again on the next boot. Luckily I only use 1 satellite for my testing.

Also lost ADB(Android Data Bridge) connectivity.

Will need to install fresh factory image and upgrade again.

This is not user friendly software! Android/Linux boxes are not like the cheaper models where you can't make changes. These box mfg's encourage development. Not absolute control!

We own these boxes and should be able to make changes if we want. Other mfg img's are looking better all the time!
Did you check the oscam version?

quark

Post by quark »

freesatv7 wrote: Did you check the oscam version?
Yes I did and Thank You. It is r11438. Not sure what the emu version is yet.

It's not only the rooting ... Satellite Antenna settings disappear whenever I reboot. Even with only Factory Firmware installed.

Could be due to Factory Mode running in background. Just received "Unfortunately, TV Test has stopped".
Last edited by quark on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

My box was rooted before upgrading the new firmware and after upgrade still rooted and just checked with root checker and all fine. I mean the rooting fine not other issues like DVB backup still same issue goves error 2

quark

Post by quark »

al2000 wrote:My box was rooted before upgrading the new firmware and after upgrade still rooted and just checked with root checker and all fine. I mean the rooting fine not other issues like DVB backup still same issue goves error 2
Thanks!
Are your satellite settings still there?
Have you ever had the Factory test screen appear? If not then that is probably the reason

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Yeh my sat settings all fine

quark

Post by quark »

al2000 wrote:Yeh my sat settings all fine
Thank you al2000. Maybe I will try rooting prior to updating to v39.

Have you ever had the Factory Test screen appear on your box?

quark

Post by quark »

I had the same problems with completely new installation of all Factory original Firmware. Antenna setup was lost on every version after reboot.

I thought the problem was when I rooted my box but that wasn't the case.

I reverted back to my patched v37 and everything works. The problem seems to be that if you have ever had the Factory Test screen on your box you will probably have the same problem. I think the firmware checks the box name or serial number. These are not there anymore once your box has entered Factory test. Without the patch, my box enters the Factory Mode every time I turn it on or reboot and it wipes out my Antenna setup. Version 39 was usable as long as I never turned my GTC off or rebooted it.

For now, I am staying with v37.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”