GtCombo, 4:2:2, VLC Media player.

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Ivn101

GtCombo, 4:2:2, VLC Media player.

Post by Ivn101 »

Hi all,

On my GT Combo, 4:2:2 PLAYS but the video is staggered and eventually lags the audio.
This is seen on the FTA ABC channels.

I have seen that VLC player has no issues with this format.

Is there a way to make GT Combo default to VLC to play these stations? I have downloaded VLC through Playstore, but can't get it as default.

Thank you all.

Emin

Re: GtCombo, 4:2:2, VLC Media player.

Post by Emin »

I ran the satellite broadcasts on the GTCOMBO device in the VLC Media player, but I did not have a chance to try it because there is no 4:2:2 broadcast in TÜRKSAT for now. If there is a 4.2.2 broadcast, I will present you with a video whether there is a lag

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

How do you do that?
How do you run the satellites in the VLC?
I have a GT and GTX and would like to try, as we have the ABC open channels available to try.

stone1150

Post by stone1150 »

Ivn101 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:54 am
How do you do that?
How do you run the satellites in the VLC?
I have a GT and GTX and would like to try, as we have the ABC open channels available to try.
Maybe this is the answer for the box to play 4:2:2? How about it engineers? Maybe an update with either VLC as the default player, Or incorporate the VLC specs into the player you already have?

Now that said, I have one question to the guy using VLC. Are you playing the satellite channel directly? Or are you playing it indirectly? If you use a computer to play the signal as a stream, then the computer is cleaning up the signal. I have no trouble recording 4:2:2 then playing it back. Smooth as silk when I do that. Only have issues playing in real time. Thanks!

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

I have to agree with the previous poster, VLC is a free player.
At least, if you don't or can't use it for proprietary reasons, show us how we can default it ourselves.

Show us how to default to the players you have, so we can on our own, default to VLC.

BTW, today ABC feeds on GT Combo weren't perfect but much smoother.
Progress?

Thank you though for these 2 great boxes, GT Combo and GTX Combo.

stone1150

Post by stone1150 »

Emin wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:18 pm
I ran the satellite broadcasts on the GTCOMBO device in the VLC Media player, but I did not have a chance to try it because there is no 4:2:2 broadcast in TÜRKSAT for now. If there is a 4.2.2 broadcast, I will present you with a video whether there is a lag
I second the request to explain please how you watch the satellite broadcasts in VLC as opposed to the default player?

Emin

Post by Emin »

You should have the Gtmedia combo port number 7779, paste the ip address of your combo device as example 192.168.2.34:7779 into the chremo, the file will be downloaded, the downloaded file will be in the Download folder, open vlc player, it will appear in the Download folder, click on it, it will start working

It still freezes only in 4.2.2 broadcasts, if you look at the phone, if it is strong, it is watched without any problems.

I couldn't make a remote connection, I couldn't make the modem settings, I'm trying to do this

stone1150

Post by stone1150 »

Emin wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:19 pm
You should have the Gtmedia combo port number 7779, paste the ip address of your combo device as example 192.168.2.34:7779 into the chremo, the file will be downloaded, the downloaded file will be in the Download folder, open vlc player, it will appear in the Download folder, click on it, it will start working

It still freezes only in 4.2.2 broadcasts, if you look at the phone, if it is strong, it is watched without any problems.

I couldn't make a remote connection, I couldn't make the modem settings, I'm trying to do this
Thank you! I will play around. I was thinking that when you went to DVB app, the VLC player was activated as opposed to GT Player. That would be a perfect answer possibly to the 4:2:2 issue.

stone1150

Post by stone1150 »

Emin wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:19 pm

I just re-read your answer to use VLC player. In essence you are recording the video and playing it back. Doing that will smooth out 4:2:2 broadcasts as I have done that for years with various receivers that could not play 4:2:2 live. I still hope that the engineers can come up with a fix for watching 4:2:2 without the bugs straight off the satellite live without recording then downloading the recording to another player. Maybe reverse engineer an old AZ Box? ;)

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

The old AZs were nice boxes and well made.

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

I happen to be looking at an old Config file for an old version of GTShare.
0.7xx something.
Anyway, in there I saw mention of configuring VLC media player as the player for the program.

1) Could this be part of why 4:2:2 plays so smooth with GTShare?

2) If we could configure GTShare to use VLC, could we not find a way to do it for GT and GTX?

Thoughts?

stone1150

Post by stone1150 »

Ivn101 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:35 pm
I happen to be looking at an old Config file for an old version of GTShare.
0.7xx something.
Anyway, in there I saw mention of configuring VLC media player as the player for the program.

1) Could this be part of why 4:2:2 plays so smooth with GTShare?

2) If we could configure GTShare to use VLC, could we not find a way to do it for GT and GTX?

Thoughts?
I think the engineers just simply haven't thought about VLC Player being used in the software. I never thought of it till this thread was started and I have known about VLC working for years. Let's sit back and see what happens. If they smooth out the 4:2:2 they will unleash a horde of customers.

Stone

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”