GT Combo & GTX Combo bluetooth

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

AZCoder

GT Combo & GTX Combo bluetooth

Post by AZCoder »

I have a GT Combo and a GTX Combo and the control interacts with both units. Is there a way to pair each unit so they will not interfere with each other? The TV's are next to each other and the boxes are about 4 feet apart. Ideas?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT Combo & GTX Combo bluetooth

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes if you pair the remote to one unit, it will operate that unit only.

The issue is when you power on and first use the remote it will pair with the unit, say the GTX.
If you power on the GT the remote for the GTX will not pair with it, but will operate as a normal IR remote if the GTX is not on and paired with the GTX remote.
I have this too.
I use a normal IR remote on the GT and the paired remote with the GTX, but the IR remote will still operate the GT.

I suggest power on one TV GT and use the remote so it is paired, assuming you paired that remote at set up.
You can pair them later in the android menus.
Then power on the second TV GT and use that remote.
Each should now be paired to their own GT / GTX.

Have not tried this as like I said I use a IR learning remote for one.
Will have a play later.

The issue is until paired the remote will act as a IR remote and operate any unit.
Note if you unpair a remote in the menu, the remote is left in Bluetooth paired mode and will not work from then on, until you reboot the GT.

Power on from standby is via IR mode in all cases, so power on will power on both GT and GTX.

One last option is to face the front of each combo, one left, one right, so the IR remote needs to be pointed to the right of the room for one and the left of the room for the other. I do this too, even with a V8 UHD third unit on the same book shelves. In bleutooth mode this does not work.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AZCoder

Re: GT Combo & GTX Combo bluetooth

Post by AZCoder »

Owen,

Well it took me a while, but I got both GT and GTX to only talk to their own control. It turns out my old GT had low batteries, so it would not pair! After switching batteries I unplugged one unit and went through the install menu again. The first item is to pair the control. After about 30 seconds it reported the pairing. I went through the other items and left them as set. I then powered off that unit and powered on the second unit and followed the exact procedure to get it paired. I powered up both units and each followed the commands from their paired control. I am pleased. Thanks for the help Owen.

Jim

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”