Help needed on GT Combo

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

al2000

Help needed on GT Combo

Post by al2000 »

Hi all
My GTcombo stuck on boot (on logo) and its not opening. I tried to force reset but my box has no reset botton at the back of box. Can someone help to solve this problem
Thanks
al

al2000

Re: Help needed on GT Combo

Post by al2000 »

Anyone please

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Use the search box top right, you should find a thread about this issue.

Den

stone1150

Post by stone1150 »

al2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:32 am
Hi all
My GTcombo stuck on boot (on logo) and its not opening. I tried to force reset but my box has no reset botton at the back of box. Can someone help to solve this problem
Thanks
al
For what it is worth... Sometimes, Not always, you can unplug the receiver for about an hour. Plug it in and as soon as the receiver starts to boot, but before the logo, unplug it. Repeat that a few times, vary the time into the boot process that you unplug it making sure you wait about 15 seconds before plugging it back in. after doing that a few times, see if it will boot. I have done that in the past. Leaving the box unplugged for the initial time of an hour will make sure there is no power left in the capacitors. Like I said, no promises but sometimes you can do that. Some electronics have another boot routine for when the boot is interrupted. It's worth a try.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Will give it a try, thanks

al2000

Post by al2000 »

stone1150 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:40 pm
al2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:32 am
Hi all
Thanks
al
For what it is worth... Sometimes, Not always, you can unplug the receiver for about an hour. Plug it in and as soon as the receiver starts to boot, but before the logo, unplug it. Repeat that a few times, vary the time into the boot process that you unplug it making sure you wait about 15 seconds before plugging it back in. after doing that a few times, see if it will boot. I have done that in the past. Leaving the box unplugged for the initial time of an hour will make sure there is no power left in the capacitors. Like I said, no promises but sometimes you can do that. Some electronics have another boot routine for when the boot is interrupted. It's worth a try.
Didnt work

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here is a topic on reset buttons.

Some units have a button while others just have the circuit that you need to connect to.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

I tried to connect but i think my box will not come back to life
Thanks to all

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

al2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:29 am
Thanks to all
Leave it powered off for a day or so and then try.
Try different USB sticks as well.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:51 pm
al2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:29 am
Thanks to all
Leave it powered off for a day or so and then try.
Try different USB sticks as well.

Owen
Tried with new usb stick still 😪

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try with all other things disconnected, like the LNB cable and mouse dongles / other USB stuff.
Also try another power supply.

Are you seeing any response when you short the reset contacts?
Remember that you use the .zip folder on the USB stick.

Owen

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:22 pm
Try with all other things disconnected, like the LNB cable and mouse dongles / other USB stuff.
Also try another power supply.

Are you seeing any response when you short the reset contacts?
Remember that you use the .zip folder on the USB stick.

Owen
When I short the reset it get stuck screen for few seconds then the display screen on box says boot then it says load and logo screen stays forever. I have video for this but i dont know how to upload it here

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you using the GT Combo (not the GTX) .zip folder from the download page.
I think you must be as it does progress part way through the recovery.

If you have one, try with an older version of the 700Mb+ .zip file.

Owen

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:05 pm
Are you using the GT Combo (not the GTX) .zip folder from the download page.
I think you must be as it does progress part way through the recovery.

If you have one, try with an older version of the 700Mb+ .zip file.

Owen
The problem is when short reset the box doesnt read from USB
It just boot then says load and stays on logo

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try other USB sticks.

Also have as few files on the main directory as posable.

Owen

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Hello, I think I have a similar problem. My GTCombo does not start, Boot appears on the device but does not advance.

I have already tried resetting with the button that is built into the board and it continues doing the same thing.

Nothing appears on the TV screen so I don't see the menu that should appear when pressing the reset button.

Any ideas to solve it?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try different power supplies.

Try other USB sticks.
The reset button requires you to have the software file on a USB stick at the time of reset.
GTCOMBO series usb forced upgrade guide(2022.7.20).zip

Owen

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:54 pm
Try different power supplies.

Try other USB sticks.
The reset button requires you to have the software file on a USB stick at the time of reset.
GTCOMBO series usb forced upgrade guide(2022.7.20).zip

Owen
I have tried everything you tell me and it hasn't worked.

I have tried with USB Burning Tool but the PC does not recognize the GT Combo and has the drivers installed. I have also tried Burn Card Maker and a USB or SD with the firmware image and it doesn't boot either.

With the two previous options, pressing the hard reset button on the back and neither has worked.

I don't know if there is any other option to recover it.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

There are two USB ports on the combo, have you tried both?

Owen

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:40 am
There are two USB ports on the combo, have you tried both?

Owen
Yes, I have tried both and I have also tried the SD port. In all cases with the reset button pressed and the green LED stays on but nothing appears on the TV and neither does the GT Combo screen.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Questions:

Are you using the .zip file in the state it comes from the download page, still packed as the .zip folder, do not unpack it?

Have you got a USB stick that has a LED that flashes when the USB stick is used?
This will help to show if the unit tries to access the USB.

Are you pressing and holding the reset button until the Recover interface appears?

Check that the USB ports have 5 volts.
Plug in something to charge from the port, like a torch or phone.
Does it charge showing there is 5 volts there?

Owen

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:55 pm
Questions:

Are you using the .zip file in the state it comes from the download page, still packed as the .zip folder, do not unpack it?

Have you got a USB stick that has a LED that flashes when the USB stick is used?
This will help to show if the unit tries to access the USB.

Are you pressing and holding the reset button until the Recover interface appears?

Check that the USB ports have 5 volts.
Plug in something to charge from the port, like a torch or phone.
Does it charge showing there is 5 volts there?

Owen

Hello, yes I am using the .zip file without decompressing. I have also tried using Burn Card Maker and the .img file without success both via USB and SD.

As you told me, I have tried a USB drive with an LED and it does not turn on, so it seems that the USB is not working (I have tried both GTCombo USBs and it does not turn on with either of them).

I have pressed the reset button for a minute and nothing appears on the TV screen.

I have also tried connecting a cell phone charger and it does not charge on either of the two USBs so they are not working.

As I said in previous messages, the GTCombo screen does not turn on either (before it turned on and said Boot but not anymore). Only the green LED on the GTCombo lights up but it does not react with anything else.

I appreciate the help you are giving me.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

That sounds like there is a power issue inside the unit, no 5V for the USB.

Have you opened and looked at the circuit board for damage?
There may be something burnt.

Owen

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:04 pm
That sounds like there is a power issue inside the unit, no 5V for the USB.

Have you opened and looked at the circuit board for damage?
There may be something burnt.

Owen
I don't see any damage to the board. I attach images.

I have seen in some forums that other people have solved it by shorting the chip but I can't find anyone who has done it with this model. I don't know if it would be a solution.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (686.08 KiB) Viewed 4464 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (699.39 KiB) Viewed 4464 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Earlier you said this
al2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:48 am
When I short the reset it get stuck screen for few seconds then the display screen on box says boot then it says load and logo screen stays forever. I have video for this but i dont know how to upload it here
Now you say this also
Emilio2023 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:44 am
I have seen in some forums that other people have solved it by shorting the chip but I can't find anyone who has done it with this model. I don't know if it would be a solution.
Your board has a reset button attached.
Bottom left of your first picture, labeled 2*2

The short method is if there is not button.

What did you "Short"?

Other have reprogramed the memory chip.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”