Emilio2023

Re: Help needed on GT Combo

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:37 pm
Earlier you said this
al2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:48 am
When I short the reset it get stuck screen for few seconds then the display screen on box says boot then it says load and logo screen stays forever. I have video for this but i dont know how to upload it here
Now you say this also
Emilio2023 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:44 am
I have seen in some forums that other people have solved it by shorting the chip but I can't find anyone who has done it with this model. I don't know if it would be a solution.
Your board has a reset button attached.
Bottom left of your first picture, labeled 2*2

The short method is if there is not button.

What did you "Short"?

Other have reprogramed the memory chip.

Owen

Hello, the first comment you post is not mine. That didn't happen to me.

When I talk about the short circuit, I think I was confused because I thought that the chip short was something different from the reset button short.

I don't know if there is anything else I can do with my GTCombo to get it back.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes sorry that was another user comment.

Did you try another power supply?

12 volt 2 or 3 Amp, not a 1.5A
You could also try powering on in your car from the lighter socket if you have one of those 12v 5.5mm cables, as that will give good current at boot.

Also check with a multi meter on Ohms if the reset button is working.
It should drop the multi meter reading on Ohms to zero when pushed.
I posted a link earlier in this topic on the reset button, so you can find the correct pins to test with.

I and others have had luck with leaving a unit powered off for a few days and then trying again.
Also try the reset with everything disconnected, just the power plug and the USB.
The front panel would show if it went to recovery and then you can plug in the TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:54 pm

You could also try powering on in your car from the lighter socket if you have one of those 12v 5.5mm cables, as that will give good current at boot.

I posted a link earlier in this topic on the reset button, so you can find the correct pins to test with.

I and others have had luck with leaving a unit powered off for a few days and then trying again.
Also try the reset with everything disconnected, just the power plug and the USB.
The front panel would show if it went to recovery and then you can plug in the TV.

Owen

Hello, I will try everything you tell me and I will tell you the results.

Thank you!!!

Emilio2023

Post by Emilio2023 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:54 pm

Owen
Hello, after a long time off, I have done all the tests you told me about and they have not given positive results. The device screen still does not turn on and only the green LED lights up.

I don't know if there is anything else I can do or if my device is definitely dead.

Thank you!!!

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”