A way to turn off the monitor

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

upibis

A way to turn off the monitor

Post by upibis »

hi,

I am looking for a method to lock and/or turn off the screen without turn off the device ?
It's useful while listen internet radio or streaming music......

there's anyone that have a method to do it ?

thank you.

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: A way to turn off the monitor

Post by CAJE »

Use only audio connections, either AV or Scart

upibis

Post by upibis »

hi,

the monitor doesn't turn off by itself if the signal is present....
I was looking to use device, maintaining, for example the usb power on, while only the monitor is off.

there's a ' sleep now ' option in power menu, but, if I use it, the device power off completely.... I wonder what it's for ?
It would be nice and useful if it were configured differently.....

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Why not use the S/P DIF output, to a converter, so that you can use a Sound Bar or Head Phones to have Audio.
Your word (Monitor) is the wrong word to use, it should be (Satellite Receiver).
Putting the receiver into (Stand-by), is a way to save power when the receiver is not in use.
To Power the receiver down, you have to remove the power cable, seeing as this receiver does not have a off/on switch.
Sleep-now, would be the same as putting the receiver into Stand-by.

What are you trying to do with the USB sockets on the said receiver.

Den

upibis

Post by upibis »

hi,

I would like simply use the usb power to charge my smartphone while I listening music on streaming audio.

the annoying thing is the monitor light, it would also be nice to be able to program the shutdown.... ;D

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

You should be able to use the USB socket, for the receiver will be ON, while you are listening to your music.
The receivers light, just put a small piece of card over the light.
Shut-Down wise, just remove the power lead.

Den

upibis

Post by upibis »

you have misunderstood, I don't have a monitor with the red light...., I meant light of the monitor light when is black, there is background lighting.

I want to explain my problem, I don't want a workaround... I want turn off the monitor, I want put off the monitor without shutdown the device, is the device which does not allow it to be done.

I understand if it were a smartphone, but in a tv box should be a useful option....

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check in android menu / settings / droid settings / HDMI CEC.
Check that is off.

It may be that that is doing the power off thing.

Check for the same thing in your TV as it may also be set.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

upibis

Post by upibis »

hi,

the CEC Switch is turned off. I have also discoreved in droid settings / powerkey definition there are different options :
- sleep now
- shutdown
- restart
- screen off

I have tried both ' sleep now ' and ' screen off ' but the result is the same, at least, when I tried ' screen off ', after that I was unable to power on again the device with powerkey and I had to unplug the power cable to power on.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

It would help if you used the correct (terminology), What is your meaning of a Monitor, for most users it is screen to view what you are seeing when on a computer, or viewing a TV screen when a signal is been sent from a aerial downlead to the TV, or HDMI from a satellite receiver.

So you have a GTMedia Combo, you would like to hear your Music channels, while (Streaming), at the same time may be charge, your phone, BUT without using the TV.
How do you listen to your music channels from the GTMedia Combo.

We will get to the bottom of this issue, in trying to help you, could you put some photo's up, of your system, which will be of a great help.

Den

upibis

Post by upibis »

hi,

the GTX COMBO is linked to LG 4K, without remote, trought HDMI cable. I use the GTX as media center, I watch film, live tv, ecc.... sometimes, especially after dinner, I would like to listen only music, there are a lot web radio, channels, ecc.

I would like select the audio stream which I like, play it and turn off the monitor, the room lights and listen the music.

I have tried it with black screen as/or screensaver, but, ok, the screen remains " black " but there's a monitor backlight and the screen not turn off with this option. I was looking for an option to shutdown only the monitor, not the GTX, to then be able to turn it back on with the remote control.

there are a lot of apps in play store which turn off the screen but none of them work correctly. I think there's an Android feature limitation (?).

thank you for support

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Why no remote for the LG TV?
Yes a lot of TV's now use your smart phone via net as the remote.

I assume that your music is coming from the LG TV speakers, so turning off the TV would turn off sound as well.

What you then need is for the GTX to send only sound, not HDMI video as well, so hopefully your TV shuts down the screen and its back lights.
I do not know if that is possible.

The GTX has a AV 3.5mm output.
Try connecting that to your TV with the video unplugged (most TV's will not do sound if no video) or send that to a stereo for sound and turn off the TV while you listen.
Do the same thing with a HDMI sound extractor in the HDMI cable.
Note the 3.5mm AV plug must be the long, 18mm, connector.

Note if you put the GTX into sleep, the remote is then not Bluetooth, but standard IR remote, so must be line of sight to the box to turn on again.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

upibis, Thank you, for giving us more information, about what you would like.
Have found some thing that could be of some help for you, with the GTMedia Combo having a (S/P DIF) output, will also need a set of head phones.
Digital Optical Audio converter c/w Cable.
Hope it helps.

Den
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 415 times

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”