GT Combo F connector

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Cornhusker

GT Combo F connector

Post by Cornhusker »

I was checking my lnb connection on my combo and noticed that the nut holding the threaded connector was way loose.I hand tightened the nut up to the box and now I am receiving no signal message.Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks C.H.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GT Combo F connector

Post by Feralkiwi »

You may have broken the connection to the circuit board.

Open the box and look at the solder around the F connector, both outer and inner.
Be careful not to stress the other connections, like the side USB as you take the circuit board from the box.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Thanks for the reply feralkiwi.After further testing,I found the problem to be the RG6 coaxial run that has been indoors and running for over 20 years as the culprit.I don't know why or how,but it is not sending a signal down the line.I guess if you live long enough,you will get to see strange and mysterious things.C.H.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check the inner wire "Pin" for corrosion.

You may just need a new end connector on it.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Thanks feralkiwi,I connected a 9V on one end and checked with a multimeter and nogo.It maybe an oversight when I first ran the cable and inadvertently broke the center conductor and had to wait 20+years to reap the benefits of my stupidity,oh well.C.H.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As the inner is steel, you should be able to feel the weak point where the inner is broken.

May also be a cut outer where the water has got in and rusted out the inner.

Could even be a metal fatigue at the LNB where the wind has worked at it.

Owen

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

I understand feralkiwi if the cable was exposed to the elements,but in this case the cable has been running from a powered multiswitch located indoors for 20+years which makes this very perplexing.I have look at the center pins and connectors at both ends and see no corrosion present on any element.It is just strange how all of a sudden it failed.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”