Restricted Profile on Freesat GTC

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

utah

Restricted Profile on Freesat GTC

Post by utah »

Hello I am new to this forum . I purchased a new GTC receiver begining of month & I very much like. However I created a problem : I entered a 4 digit pin number and receiver went into booting a RESTRICTED PROFILE and I cannot get to use receiver !!
the box does not allow me to watch tv,or use apps or get to original settings screen. GTC is android 6.o what is purpose of this restricted profile if you cannot get back to original profile ??
Any one please help would be much appreciated.
Thank You :?: :?: :?:

iq180
网站管理员

Re: Restricted Profile on Freesat GTC

Post by iq180 »

utah wrote:Hello I am new to this forum . I purchased a new GTC receiver begining of month & I very much like. However I created a problem : I entered a 4 digit pin number and receiver went into booting a RESTRICTED PROFILE and I cannot get to use receiver !!
the box does not allow me to watch tv,or use apps or get to original settings screen. GTC is android 6.o what is purpose of this restricted profile if you cannot get back to original profile ??
Try and do a factory reset, if you can't, try to reload the factory software.

Yassinesite

Post by Yassinesite »

He can not do a factory reset!
And the problem he can not install applications.
But please can you explain more about the problem or you take a picture of the screen and do upload and send us the link of the photo

utah

Post by utah »

First :Hello and many thank you to Yassinesite and iq180 for kind replies to my problem.

I was trying to set up other features on GTC after I had very good succes with DVB S2/S satellietes. I then clicked on Lock Icon in settings and entered a 4 digit pin number. GTC box then booted and flashed a purple color screen very quickly and stated "SWITCHING TO RESTRICTED PROFILE" and screen came up looking normal as first screen wit DVD, Files, Recycle, Settings icons and arrow. However the next forward of arrow showed only four apps (playstore,a forign tv app, update app and GT . None of these apps work beyond telling me I am not authorized or system is cuurent with update.

When I go back to settings( 1st screen) DVB satellites does not work other then flashing by sat setup. files icon will allow me to access sd card or local disk files (I did not make to my regret a back file when first enjoying GTC ) recycle still works & states how many MB was cleaned, settings to home screen only shows network, accessability and remote etc LOCK icon is gone as well as all the ability to acess Apps.

Not only did it restrict the apps that were availible to me, but now in the settings tab all the buttons are gone (except for network) so I can't change any settings. As well there isn't anything for me to toggle back to normal profile. I basically am stuck in restricted profile and cant change it. When I turn on and off the box it comes back on in regular mode (all the apps), but then 5 seconds in it says "switching to restricted profile" and I cant make any changes to settings.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank You

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried entering the 4 digit code you entered when it locked?
I would type it in at any time. Try at the start when all the apps are up too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Yassinesite

Post by Yassinesite »

Frankly I do not understand your problem. But if you can install applications from Playstore try to install (quick reboot) or you download the application and put it in a usb key you enter file and install it. Then you click on this application and you choose to restart in mode recovery mode and after restarting you choose factory reset. I hope he walks and keep me informed

utah

Post by utah »

Hello and thanks again for all replies.
Feralkiwi I have tried at many different points in boot up and after to enter the pin I created , and have no luck; also tried 0000 pin with no results. Also I've tried recommendations from other manufactured Andoid 6.0 boxes that have problems with restricted profile. These solutions invoved using wireless mouse and key board to quickly prevent switching to res/ profile during bootup.To date None have worked for me.

I've very recently (yesterday) since found that Kodi app is the only app that allows me to enter info to set up video add ons and reconizes the pin I entered as a master profile with a drop down key board to enter pin.

Yassinesite , I have tried to describe my problem and appreciate your responses . I should do better maybe in description of problem.
If we consider unboxing a brand new GTC receiver and first time powering up you would see many apps in settings plus utilities for wireless etc etc including a security lock icon.
Well after having GTC for several days and successfully setting up DVB Satellites I decided to setup Kodi addons in doing so I went back to original settings screen and clicked on lock icon to establish a 4 digit pin this action caused GTC to intermediately re boot action to res/profile , this reboot happened with no action on my part other then entering a pin !!.Now I cannot enter the playstore icon has it states I am not authorized.Of the remaining apps that come up in res/profile
As stated above Kodi app is the only app that allows me to enter info to set up video add ons and reconizes the pin I entered as a master profile with a drop down key board to enter pin. I have now used Kodi app add on to reestablish YOUTUBE to work.

Are you stating that I can go to playstore on say my android tablet and locate app for bootup and download to usb t/drive and then use to boot up GTC ?? I am afraid to possibly BRICK the GTC by doing this . If you have any further info on booting up Android 6. TV box allowing or following this method I would greatly appreciate.

GTC box seems to be very advanced(to me) but having a res/profile with no explanation is a problem but maybe not so for more experienced Andoid tv box users.
Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As this happened just after you entered your PIN, maybe the PIN was entered incorrectly.
I have found that the remote, if not pointed directly at the STB, will double enter some button presses.
Try your PIN with the third to last number double. also try the second and first number doubled.
As the remote also misses button presses it may be worth trying variations there too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

utah

Post by utah »

Owen thank you for reply.

I have tried all manners of entering my 4digit pin ,to date no luck beyond entering the kodi app that is working in restricted profile as master profile with a drop down key board,

The other day I turned on GTC box and went to Kodi and a backgound came up stating a new up grade from freesat GTC and listed about 5 items that were upgraded , so I figured well this has got to help and I hit ok . Box then went through all upgrade functions but nothing has changed. I still can only boot to restricted profile the original settings that included the Lock icon are not there ! App selections are not there ! DVB S2 will not allow selection & states satellites must be scan first but does not allow to scan !!
There must be a fix for this problem. Why freesat would have a security ICon and allow a pin to be entered and then go to a restricted profile without the users participation is CRAZY !!!
And know a version 18.0 of Kodi downloaded (leia) that does not play y/tube or my other addons . I am trying to delet leia and go back to V17.6
Thanks again for your help
UTAH

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I can only hope that Lining and the other engineers are reading this.
As for saying "OK" to the new software, I said "NO" and it went and did it anyway, which stopped me for using it for some time.

The other Freesat units have "Menu" press at power on for the software recovery and the green button for changing from NTSC to Pal TV.
I doubt these will do anything with the GTC.

Owen

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

utah wrote:Hello I am new to this forum . I purchased a new GTC receiver begining of month & I very much like. However I created a problem : I entered a 4 digit pin number and receiver went into booting a RESTRICTED PROFILE and I cannot get to use receiver !!

I read your question, please do not encrypt the machine!
1. If your machine can enter the HOME interface can be operated as follows
001.jpg
001.jpg (245.3 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
2. If your machine card in the boot screen can be the following operation
1) boot press the remote control MENU key, as prompted to enter the Recovery inside --- select wipe data / factory reset system reset.
2) can restart the power off[/color][/size]
002.jpg
002.jpg (274.05 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

maam64

Post by maam64 »

Pulsando el boton Menu del mando a distancia (manteniendolo pulsado) y encendiendo el freesat GTC, a mi no me entra en el menu de android (menu de recuperacion)

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”