Freesat/GTmedia GTC does not have PVR and Timeshift.

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Koko1456

Freesat/GTmedia GTC does not have PVR and Timeshift.

Post by Koko1456 »

I think that many people have been cheated, because the sellers of this box lie in the speciffication that box have a function like PVR and Timeshift.
Before you buy, be careful, I inform you that it does not have these functions.

Re: Freesat/GTmedia GTC does not have PVR and Timeshift.

Post by 840 »

thank you.

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Koko1456 wrote:I think that many people have been cheated
I think all of us have been cheated because they write that it is Sat Receiver.
I'm asking: what kind of Sat Receiver GTC is if it can't find all chanells on Sat?

Koko1456

Post by Koko1456 »

mr_roba wrote:
I think all of us have been cheated because they write that it is Sat Receiver.
I'm asking: what kind of Sat Receiver GTC is if it can't find all chanells on Sat?
For me it finds most channels, i must do many experiments with disec options (but i have single sat converter). After couple of hours finded proper settings.

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Koko1456 wrote:
For me it finds most channels, i must do many experiments with disec options (but i have single sat converter). After couple of hours finded proper settings.
I have quad sat converter set only on Hotbird 13B/13C/13E East, so don't need to experiment with diseq options.
Do you use this satellite too?
If yes can you send me channel list?
ANy suggestnons with settings?

Koko1456

Post by Koko1456 »

mr_roba wrote:
I have quad sat converter set only on Hotbird 13B/13C/13E East, so don't need to experiment with diseq options.
Heh, I know it's completely illogical, but turn on the disec option on your tuner and do blind scan.
I have hotbird only single converter. Without disec turned on, box finds about 900-1000 channels. With disec finds about 1700.
I cant send You channel list because exporting option gives me error 2 and I cant export anything.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Koko1456 wrote:
mr_roba wrote:
Heh, I know it's completely illogical, but turn on the disec option on your tuner and do blind scan.
I have hotbird only single converter. Without disec turned on, box finds about 900-1000 channels. With disec finds about 1700.
I cant send You channel list because exporting option gives me error 2 and I cant export anything.
Yes there is something wrong with the LNB output settings.
I can not get my network to work as I use cascaded DiSEqC (1.0 and 1.1) switching and the GTC does not always send the commands.

What DiSEqC setting did you turn on, motor, 1.0 to a port 1,2,3 or 4 or 1.1 to a port?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Koko1456

Post by Koko1456 »

Just diseqc, 1.0 or 1.1 (no difference seen) to port 1.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thanks for the reply.

I will play with that later.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I did not have much luck.
My unit kept crashing when I changed channel etc.
It seemed to crash on the same one channel, RT on Intelsat 19@166e c band. This channel has AC3 sound I think.
It seemed to change DiSEqC channels better with 32 software, but 4 crashes in 5 minutes and I went back to my Golden.

I will have another look when I have more time.

Owen

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Koko1456 wrote:Just diseqc, 1.0 or 1.1 (no difference seen) to port 1.
I tested Diseqc, 1.0 and 1.1 to play the show.
2 (1).jpg
2 (1).jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 7043 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 7043 times
Update picture
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Koko1456 wrote:Just diseqc, 1.0 or 1.1 (no difference seen) to port 1.
I've turned Diseqc 1. to port 1 and funny thing happened.
It found all channels that can't find before, but previous ones disapeared.

I'll keep trying
Last edited by mr_roba on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Koko1456 wrote: I cant send You channel list because exporting option gives me error 2 and I cant export anything.
It is strange . I assume that you've tried different USB types formatted in FAT 32?
I can export and import wihout any problems.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Lining wrote:I tested Diseqc, 1.0 and 1.1 to play the show.
Lining.

Your picture of your DiSEqC setup shows the first DiSEqC switch connected backwards.
You have port 3 of the switch connected to the receiver and the "receiver" connection being used as the input from the LNB.
This should not work!
If this is working I would suggest that your 4 port switch has a burnt out port 3. This happens if you short the output of a port with the LNB power connected. To test for that, set the port on your Set top box to port one and test if there is power at port three and port one.

Normally you switch with an "uncommitted" switch (mostly 8 port switches) first and a standard 4 port switch second.
Again your test setup does not match this.

The switch setting in your photo show the 8 port set for port 5 and the DiSEqC 1.0 set for port 3.

Your 1.0 switch is back to front and in the circuit first not second.

The issue here is that Koko1456 says that blind scanning found more channels if DiSEqC switching was set to any port on 1.0 or 1.1 with a LNB that has no DiSEqC switching.
Koko1456 wrote:

Feralkiwi wrote:
What DiSEqC setting did you turn on, motor, 1.0 to a port 1,2,3 or 4 or 1.1 to a port?

Koko1456 wrote:
Owen

Koko1456

Post by Koko1456 »

mr_roba wrote:
It is strange . I assume that you've tried different USB types formatted in FAT 32?
I use the same USB, that previously works well (still have old lists from some first scans), but one day exporting stopped working.

blp

Post by blp »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Lining wrote:I tested Diseqc, 1.0 and 1.1 to play the show.
Lining.

Your picture of your DiSEqC setup shows the first DiSEqC switch connected backwards.
You have port 3 of the switch connected to the receiver and the "receiver" connection being used as the input from the LNB.
This should not work!
If this is working I would suggest that your 4 port switch has a burnt out port 3. This happens if you short the output of a port with the LNB power connected. To test for that, set the port on your Set top box to port one and test if there is power at port three and port one.

Normally you switch with an "uncommitted" switch (mostly 8 port switches) first and a standard 4 port switch second.
Again your test setup does not match this.

The switch setting in your photo show the 8 port set for port 5 and the DiSEqC 1.0 set for port 3.

Your 1.0 switch is back to front and in the circuit first not second.

The issue here is that Koko1456 says that blind scanning found more channels if DiSEqC switching was set to any port on 1.0 or 1.1 with a LNB that has no DiSEqC switching.
Koko1456 wrote:

Feralkiwi wrote:

Koko1456 wrote:
Owen

Linning is the same guy who says EAC3 codec is OK, and I CAN assure you that this codec is NOT WORKING AT ALL.

Not to mention the huge desync gap in audio/video which nobody in the support team recognizes as a bug.

Are you planning to solve these bugs???

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Koko1456 wrote:
mr_roba wrote:
I use the same USB, that previously works well (still have old lists from some first scans), but one day exporting stopped working.
Problem solved :twisted:
I've added a new sattelite with angle E 13.1 (there can't be two sattelites with the same angle) and GTC has found all channels :D
Then I've deleted E 13.0 and edited this E 13.1 to E 13.0.
I assume that deleting E 13.0 and adding it manualy also solve the problem.
Now I can fully enjoy my GTC

So it shows that GTC software makers messed something with settings.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mr_roba wrote: Problem solved :twisted:
I've added a new sattelite with angle E 13.1 (there can't be two sattelites with the same angle) and GTC has found all channels :D
Then I've deleted E 13.0 and edited this E 13.1 to E 13.0.
I assume that deleting E 13.0 and adding it manualy also solve the problem.
Now I can fully enjoy my GTC

So it shows that GTC software makers messed something with settings.
I never had this problem with not finding all the channels as for my area I needed to manually add most of my sats, so I deleted all of them and started from fresh.
WARNIG!! The first time I deleted ALL sats from the list my unit locked up.
I managed to find a way to factory reset and then deleted all but one sat, added my own and then deleted the last reset listed sat.
Do Not delete all the sats from the sat list.
bip wrote: Linning is the same guy who says EAC3 codec is OK, and I CAN assure you that this codec is NOT WORKING AT ALL.

Not to mention the huge desync gap in audio/video which nobody in the support team recognizes as a bug.

Are you planning to solve these bugs???
[/quote]
Please remember that I am a volunteer moderator and do not work for Freesat, as are cpr43, Eak_Dumnern, iq180 and vaxi.

Owen

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Feralkiwi wrote: WARNIG!! The first time I deleted ALL sats from the list my unit locked up.
I managed to find a way to factory reset and then deleted all but one sat, added my own and then deleted the last reset listed sat.
I have deleted all sats from list many times (I performed some tests) and my GTC never was locked up - It was freezed for a while (20 sec).
So maybe in previous firmware version it was problem but know I don't think so.
For me the most important thing is bceause of that I can have all channels.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

mr_roba wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote: WARNIG!! The first time I deleted ALL sats from the list my unit locked up.
I have deleted all sats from list many times (I performed some tests) and my GTC never was locked up - It was freezed for a while (20 sec).
Yes this was with the first software when I started with this box.
It is still worth a caution.

Owen

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

Feralkiwi wrote:
mr_roba wrote:
Yes this was with the first software when I started with this box.
It is still worth a caution.

Owen
By the way - on the newest firmware I have found two problems:
- when do operations on channel list I can't mark channels one after another with mouse. Before I could so deleting not useful channels was quick
- on prewious firmware I could with one click mark all sattelites and delete them now I can't.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”