GTC stuck on yellow led, No display both on GTC and TV

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

arshad

GTC stuck on yellow led, No display both on GTC and TV

Post by arshad »

I need help from Freeset Engineers and expert users from forum
My freesat GTC box suddenly stopped working. Before one day I powered it off normally while it was working fine.
But unfortunately, next day when I powered it ON, it could not start, no display on TV, no display on GTC box, just only yellow led.

I downloaded the Zip file uploaded by "lining" on viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6858 and copied into USB drive, inserted into GTC, but nothing happened.

Actually My problem is: When I power on GTC is stuck on yellow led light. No display on GTC, No display on TV,
then how to enter into recovery mode???

Please tell me how to get recovery mode because my GTC is showing nothing except yellow led. please give me advice, how can I make it alive again.
Attachments
GTC.jpeg
GTC.jpeg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 4617 times

arshad

Re: GTC stuck on yellow led, No display both on GTC and TV

Post by arshad »

No anybody seems to reply. I want to know if anybody has the same problem that I have with myfreesat GTC. So that we alltogether can request freesat GTC engineers for solution.

oscarsanchezdm

Post by oscarsanchezdm »

Try disconnecting the power cable, connecting again and immediately push the MENU button of the TV Remote.
The recovery menu should appear. Select Update from EXT > usb > select your update ZIP

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Download file and follow instruction here:

https://freesat.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6858

arshad

Post by arshad »

Ahha, I dis the same thing many times, Pushing menu button gives no response... I think if GTC has physical reset button , that may help, but apparently there is no any such kind of button. So my GTC has still problem,

oscarsanchezdm

Post by oscarsanchezdm »

arshad wrote:Ahha, I dis the same thing many times, Pushing menu button gives no response... I think if GTC has physical reset button , that may help, but apparently there is no any such kind of button. So my GTC has still problem,
Hm, it seems a bootloader issue.
I think that there is a flash tool somewhere in the forum. You can use a USB to USB cable to flash all things (bootloader, recovery, system) from your computer.

petras54

Post by petras54 »

-arshad-
need to be fitted with a resset switch
Attachments
IMG_20180326_124905.jpg
IMG_20180326_124905.jpg (3.35 MiB) Viewed 4387 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

petras54 wrote:-arshad-
need to be fitted with a resset switch
There was this post as well on this reset button.

Re: Freesat GTC user Stock Recovery.img Available Now
Postby samikhanfor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 pm
there is a place for a reset button behind the motherboard, but there is no button solder in, so you need to solder a button or short the points to enter the recovery mood ,but in the recovry mode, i cannot navigate up and down, please help
Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

petras54

Post by petras54 »

I use a USB mouse

arshad

Post by arshad »

well, this is real picture of freesat GTC motherboard??? I just want to confirm before opening it, because I am trying to get warranty claim. I approached seller, and seller has desired me to send back it for repair. But shipping cost too high to send it back. If it is sure that by opening and soldering reset button, i can get device to boot into recovery mode, then I will prefer to do that rather to send it back. any advice, please.

petras54

Post by petras54 »

When opening a risk losing warranty, you first need to have an img file

arshad

Post by arshad »

petras54

I could not understand why freesat GTC engineers hide reset inside the box inaccessible. Secondly most of the andriod boxes manufacturers have already uploaded .img firmware file, but freesat GTC engineers are hiding everything where as their box is buggy . i will never recommend anyone to buy this one.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”