[EXTREMELY OUTSTANDING BUG] #1 Channel Number Memory <<<FIXED!!!

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

ebayerm

[EXTREMELY OUTSTANDING BUG] #1 Channel Number Memory <<<FIXED!!!

Post by ebayerm »

Starting Channel : 21
Change Channel via remote channel number: 30

CH+ Expected 31 but get 22
CH- Expected 29 but get 20

Doesn't remember latest channel entered via remote channel number.

GTT Build T10.A6.2.29

The bug was introduced with the new user revamped look and has been broken for about half a year already.
Would really appreciate it if you could make it work again.

UPDATE: The bug has finally been fixed in T10.A6.2.33
Last edited by ebayerm on Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebayerm

Re: [EXTREMELY OUTSTANDING BUG] #1 Channel Number Memory <<< URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED!!!

Post by ebayerm »

BUMP BUMP!

Koko1456

Re: [EXTREMELY OUTSTANDING BUG] #1 Channel Number Memory <<< URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED!!!

Post by Koko1456 »

There is no freesat/gtmedia support on this forum for long time, so use warranty and send your box back to Your seller due to many bugs in software and no support (im allready at the beginibg of this procedure), and get your money back. This is the only way to make pression on box factory. And tell anyone Your friends - dont buy any GTmedia products.

ebayerm

Post by ebayerm »

Most of the boxes are half baked, half broken, partially working. And GTmedia/Freesat dont really bother to fix any of the bugs. Even those that affect basic functionalities like remote control and standby. There are better choices out there.

mr_roba

Post by mr_roba »

ebayerm wrote:Most of the boxes are half baked, half broken, partially working. And GTmedia/Freesat dont really bother to fix any of the bugs. Even those that affect basic functionalities like remote control and standby. There are better choices out there.
I have only one problem - lack of time to sort channel list via remote.
Rest is working fine - including Cccam.
Your post seems like children cries because something went wrong.
You shoul know that it is a new product and there can be some problems on the beginning.
I have also Freesat V7 and V8 and they are working fine.

ebayerm

Post by ebayerm »

mr_roba wrote:
ebayerm wrote:Most of the boxes are half baked, half broken, partially working. And GTmedia/Freesat dont really bother to fix any of the bugs. Even those that affect basic functionalities like remote control and standby. There are better choices out there.
I have only one problem - lack of time to sort channel list via remote.
Rest is working fine - including Cccam.
Your post seems like children cries because something went wrong.
You shoul know that it is a new product and there can be some problems on the beginning.
I have also Freesat V7 and V8 and they are working fine.
Are you saying the channel memory bug doesn't exist? Are you saying that standby works on wifi?
Are you sure cccam doesnt break when the box goes to standby on wifi?
That's very selfish of you to pretend that problems don't exist simply because you don't care or have vested interest.

Sure it's forgivable if the box is new. But how do you really define new? Was it release last month? I've had this box since last year, thinking that they'll fix those bugs.
But it's apparent that they won't be fixing anything. Those are basic functions, not some obscure use case.
They obviously are aware of the issue, but are they even planning to fix it? Look at the angel box. My sympathy goes out to anyone that bought that box. Is that a new box too?
Last edited by ebayerm on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebayerm

Post by ebayerm »

And you know what's really convenient?
You don't even need to fix any bugs, just wait for enough time to pass and give the excuse that it's a old box.
Introduce new box. And you can reuse the new box excuse.

Introduce Freesat V8 Angel - New Box Excuse -> Rebrand to GTmedia -> Magically disappears -> Bugs not Fixed

Introduce GTT - New Box Excuse -> After 1 Year, Still using New Box Excuse -> Disappearing -> Bugs not Fixed

(For unknown reasons, when posting files, GTT is conveniently left out.)

Introduce GTC - New Box Excuse -> Bugs not Fixed

There's no need to call names or pretend there's no issues with the box when even the basic functionalities are broken. Just fix it or commit to fix it and i'll be on my way.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

ebayerm wrote:Starting Channel : 21
Change Channel via remote channel number: 30

CH+ Expected 31 but get 22
CH- Expected 29 but get 20

Doesn't remember latest channel entered via remote channel number.

GTT Build T10.A6.2.29

The bug was introduced with the new user revamped look and has been broken for about half a year already.
Would really appreciate it if you could make it work again.
OTA upgrade GTC_v2.0_C20.A6.2.32_20180305 version look
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

ebayerm

Post by ebayerm »

GTT didnt get the update. GTT is still on T10.A6.2.29

ebayerm

Post by ebayerm »

Will GTT be updated to fix the bug?

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

ebayerm wrote:Will GTT be updated to fix the bug?

Immediately OTA will update the latest GTT version 33
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

ebayerm

Re: [EXTREMELY OUTSTANDING BUG] #1 Channel Number Memory <<<FIXED!!!

Post by ebayerm »

After some testing, i confirm that the bug has indeed been fixed. Cheers!

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”