EPG does not go through all channels

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

joviedop104

EPG does not go through all channels

Post by joviedop104 »

Hi!

I notice that going throuh the Menu of EGP I can see the TV guide of the channel that I'm seing at the momment, but if I move the surcor to other channels (UP, DOWN keys) the guide is not changed to the channel of which the cursor is pointing. I have to select and change the channel to get the guide updated.

I want to see the channels programming without having to change the channel!

Is this appeninig just to me, or should we expect for a fix in the next firmware release?

Marsat

Re: EPG does not go through all channels

Post by Marsat »

Be aware THAT not all channels MUX or TO carries the EPG info.
if you are on IKS is very possible that the EPG is available, some channels do not opt-in to have EPG because of cost related issues. yes nothing is free on this life, I remember when my grandma used to go to the grocer store and the parsley was free!

It is costly due the Sat company charge not only for stream upload that goes by data usage (bandwidth) like a cell phone but for add ons like encryption, EPG

I remember before retiring a couple of years ago SHUT UP not that much! lol that example a decent bandwith use to cost between $250 to $500 an HOUR! SES for example is cheaper then Intelsat. A consultation with an engineer I used to charge $400 for site consultation.
And example those auto-acquire satellite antennas with amplifier and all in a nice perks where you simply open it up, brace it, and push a button, costs anywhere between $240,000 and $500,000. Yes half million dollars!

A sat truck those that TV use for mobile transmission are not cheap either all the equipment that goes inside up to $200,000 And yes is a TV station Mobile. But speaking with a network President very famous here in Miami that now changed to another company. Once told me. I pay "you" big bucks BUT at the end I gt more money due viewers wants "blood" you give that opportunity to make it real anywhere anytime. And advertisers love that.
He was right

joviedop104

Post by joviedop104 »

Waooo that is interesting Marsat! Huge amounts are spent in the satelital business!

I think menneveroff and I has saw the same problem. With 61w amazonas or 70 StarOne you can see all the TV programmation of the current channel by pressing INFO, just like others decodification, but in the EPG menu when you move the cursor between channels the displayed information doesn´t changes from the information of the channels that is playing at the time. With other decos, the displayed information changes with the cursor, if the cursor changes to other channel you can see the programation of the other channel, so you can decide what ever if select that different channel or not.

armen

Post by armen »

EPG не проходит через все каналы

Koko1456

Post by Koko1456 »

This is of course bug in GTMedia dtv app.
I found stupid solution that works on this stupid app, and posted it few months before. To restore EPG functionality, do channels scan, and break scan operation before it ends, then chose not saving any changes.
For me and some others this restores epg decoding.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”