GTC oscam questions

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

quark

GTC oscam questions

Post by quark »

Does the oscam come preinstalled on the GTC?
Can third party oscam's be installed?

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: GTC oscam questions

Post by cpr43 »

quark wrote:Does the oscam come preinstalled on the GTC?
Can third party oscam's be installed?
Yes, Oscam comes preloaded. I think you can install 3rd party. Pre-loaded GTC Android Oscam is old

oscam-1.20-unstable_svn-r11392
Compiler: arm-linux-androideabi-ssl.

if you know or found a way to update the Oscam please let us know. Thanks

quark

Post by quark »

Thank you cpr43.

I don't have the GTC yet but was trying to find more info on it.
I understand that the version of oscam in the GTC does not autoroll. I run arm7 svn-11431 on another receiver and it autorolls perfectly.

Was wondering if anyone has installed an open-source arm-android S905D cpu oscam yet and if it runs successfully on the GTC?

There are also other Android receivers running Android 7.2. Can this be upgraded or is this part of the GTMedia bin?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

No Oscam experts around here. I can access and see the Oscam version and some files in my GTC using the ip address but do not know how to update or replace the loaded version. I have tried to go inside using DCC or Filezilla but looks like the GTC it protected. Can not gain access. Once someone with Dream or linux expertise jump in we will be able to do it. Thanks

As for the Android version , I think it is embedded to the bin.

quark

Post by quark »

I'm no expert either but I do have experience with linux enigma2. The 4k receiver that I have 11431 installed on is an enigma2 box. Right now 11431 autoroll works on over 95% of the providers. There is a new Hash 15 and a Hash 17 out that is not supported yet. Should be updated in next release since other boxes including the freesat/GTMedia receivers can now view these providers.

On enigma2 the location of the oscam bin is dependent on which image bin and oscam you use. The examples that I have seen here on this forum look the same as mine. Shouldn't be too difficult to install a newer version of oscam if we can find one that is built for this CPU and Operating system. If the oscam version doesn't come in an ipk, you need to manually put all the files in their proper locations. I use the ip address of the receiver to do this. Then you need to modify the oscam.server file in order to allow the emu to autoroll. It may already be setup correctly but I don't have a GTC to check it.

I haven't built an oscam version yet but I will look into it since it is fully open source and available. It can then be built to run on any device as long as you have the proper files.

I think this GTC box has tremendous potential for such a reasonably priced receiver. I don't expect the GTC to match my other receiver. That would be like comparing apples to oranges. I paid 4x as much for my 4K enigma2 box but it does have 3 tuners, DVB-S2x, Multiboot capability, internal PVR drive, etc. But I do think that with the proper software and drivers the GTC can be an extremely powerful receiver. If GTMedia would open source the image bin, this box could possibly get support from other developers like OpenATV, OpenPLi, etc. Then the owners of these boxes would have a choice of bins, skins, apps, oscams, etc. I think that Android boxes are the future and I'm sure that in time, GTMedia will have a top notch box.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Thank you for the introduction and for your time. Welcome to the team and I hope we all can work together to come up with a feasible solution. If I can help with anything, just let me know

regards

quark

Post by quark »

Thank you cpr43.

I'm ordering a GTC so I can experiment with it. Probably take 3-4 weeks to get here. Already have a V7 HD and have a V8 Nova on the way. Can never have too many toys. :lol:

Maybe GTMedia will have a fix by then.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

espaun206 wrote:
Sylar wrote:
espaun206 wrote:a person confirms that his neighbor installed a new oscam in his GTC and it works with autorroll and new hash.....with the instructions of a forum called satuniver
link? i search but no found...
look in the satuviverse forum and I did not find any information

but I found this oscam I do not know if it will be compatible

hxxps://linuxsat-support.com/thread/123458-android-oscam-svn1-20-compile-emu-fix/
This is an older version than the one already loaded in the GTC

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

espaun206 wrote:if someone is an expert here in android and can update oscam, share the information and steps

because if you can
We need help with 2 steps. Maybe you can get it from your friend. No expert around here:

1- How to access the GTC using FTP, Filezilla or IP? Can not access , probably password protected??
2- What is the Oscam version he use so we can look around??

Thanks

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Sorry, you are right. I did not look thru the end to see the latest Oscam. Hopefully Azlink show up here and help us all. Thanks

quark

Post by quark »

cpr43 wrote:Sorry, you are right. I did not look thru the end to see the latest Oscam. Hopefully Azlink show up here and help us all. Thanks
I think you are right about the password protection cpr43. I haven't been able to connect via ftp either. Webif works but only for monitoring and configuring the current oscam settings.

I have rooted my GTC and have been able to view the files on the GTC via an android file manager program but haven't figured out how to install the new oscam. It would be much easier and faster if I could get into the GTC via ftp.

bubbs16

Post by bubbs16 »

ive never understood oscam. is it not avaialble in N.A ?

quark

Post by quark »

espaun206 wrote:I have already found the oscam folders and the other is in winsat but now we know that there are several files within these
but have no idea which or which replaced
Where did you locate the oscam folders?

quark

Post by quark »

I run oscam 11431 on my enigma2 receiver. Oscam 11431 autorolls but it does not have the newer Hash modes. Version 11432 is out and it doesn't have the hash modes either. Perhaps since you found the android version 11431 the Freesat team could make sure that it is included in the next software release.

Here is what I have learned about accessing the GTC in the last two days:

If you just want to manage your GTC basic files like Movies, Music, Pictures, Download, etc. directly on your GTC or FTP them to and from your PC, you can simply Install the following from the Google Play Store:
File Manager HD or
Black File Manager - Root Explorer & FTP or
The android file manager app of your choice
Unfortunately the root function of these does not work with the GTC.
I also tried FTPDroid and it did not work for me at all and Droid Explorer would not connect to the GTC.

I'm sure there are other and probably better methods, but the below methods worked for me. If you know of a better app or method, please let us know.

I still haven't found the correct locations for the Oscam files. If it were an apk file it could be installed like a normal app. Like I said above, It would be better if the Freesat programmers were to include the newest Oscam in the next bin release.

I am NOT responsible if you Brick Your GTC!!!

To ROOT your GTC:

WARNING, USE THE SAME PRECAUTIONS AS A BIN UPGRADE. YOU COULD BRICK YOUR GTC!!
  • 1. Download the minix_u1_ez_root.zip file from the below link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BFwC ... sp=sharing
    2. Unzip the ez-root file and put the 3 files on a USB or SDcard. Make sure they are in the root directory and not in a folder. It's best if they are the only files on the USB/SDcard.
    ezroot.zip
    recovery.img
    factory_update_param.aml
    3. Power off your GTC. Now insert the USB or SDcard into your GTC and power it back on.
    4. Go to Home--> Apps--> Update--> local update. Select ezroot.zip and press OK.
    5. The GTC will reboot, install the update and return to the Home screen.
    6. Now go to Home--> Setting--> Device--> About--> Build--> and then p ress the OK button 4-6 times. This will enable Developer mode.
    7. Next go to Home--> Setting--> Preferences--> Developer options--> Debugging--> USB debugging--> and make sure it is set to on. It's not needed for the process I describe here but it is necessary if you ever connect using the USB cable later on.
    8. That's it! Your GTC is now Rooted!!

To Access root files on your GTC:

WARNING, Modifying these files COULD BRICK YOUR GTC!!
  • 1. You must first root your GTC with the above proceedure.
    2. To access the root files using only the GTC you can install Root Browser.
    3. To access the root files from your PC, Download, install and run Android Commander. https://android-commander.en.lo4d.com/
    Note: This is an old program that is no longer supported but it let's you transfer your root files to and from your PC. I scanned this program with 2 virus scanners and it is safe. However, do not click on any of the links under the "Help" tab. These will take you to the obnoxious faux virus warning screens! You will then need to go to task manager and end the browser task in order to get rid of it.
    A newer and fully supported program is Total Commander. It may also work but you must purchase it after the 30 day trial. I did not try it.
    4. At the Android Commander Window, Click on Wifi Mode and enter the IP address of your GTC into the Device IP Field and press Connect. The Get IP button will not work unless the GTC is already connected. (If you haven't already done so, setup your GTC with a static IP address so you can always use the same address and don't need to look it up all the time.)
    5. Android Commander should then open with a split window showing the PC files on the left and the GTC root files on the right. If only the PC window opens then click on the "Device: disconnected" button on the lower left side. The GTC IP address should show up in the new window. Make sure it is selected and press OK. You may need to press OK a couple of times. It is slow so give it a little time. If the GTC IP address doesn't show in the window, then click on Wifi Mode and enter it again. This program and the GTC are very temperamental and may require multiple attempts to get it to work correctly.

quark

Post by quark »

I don't think that anyone will have success with FTP or copying the oscam files to the GTC.

I looked at the oscam and it still needs to be compiled and installed onto the box or on an android emulator and then transferred to the GTC.
I'm not sure if a linux emulator running on the GTC will handle the ./configure or make commands.

After unzipping, you need to run:

./configure
make (This compiles the oscam)
su
make install (This installs the oscam)

This will compile and then install the oscam into the correct locations.

If you have the correctly compiled oscam file, you may be able to copy it into /system/bin/ and hopefully it will run.

The one you show here does not have the ssl enabled. After I compiled it, it is about 1Mb smaller than the older current oscam and it did not work. I also created the oscam.apk. It installed and showed the oscam app but it did not run.

Total Commander for android works on the GTC. You need to check the root box under configure - settings - Root Functions Everywhere. It will fail and display a popup saying Total Commander isn't responding .. click on OK. Then run the SuperSu app. You will only have 10 seconds so be ready to click on the "Grant" button when the window pops up in the center of the screen. This will allow Total Commander root access. You can do this same procedure on any app that requires root access. Repeat the above steps again if you ran out of time. I used a USB Keyboard & mouse connected to the GTC. Once you have properly granted it root permission, then run Total Commander again. This time when you check the Root Functions Everywhere box it will be accepted and you can now browse and edit the root files.

quark

Post by quark »

espaun206 wrote:here I think it explains how to do oscam for android for those who know

No live links to other satellite forums.

Edited, by iq180

I'm pretty sure I know what you were trying to share. If I'm not mistaken, it's a YouTube video and a PDF file.

I'm going to PM you about something else.

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”