Totally disillusioned customer

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

Hagrid01

Post by Hagrid01 »

I have now had my GTC for 3 weeks, and still cannot get the thing to function as advertised, more bugs than a xxxxxxxx.
After many hours trawling the net, I have finally found a rom that works, I have flashed xxxxxxxxxxTV Box firmware onto the GTC

Updated to Android 7.1 it works perfectly seamlessly, a lot less bugs than the GTC is used to, so re brand to xxxx for less stress and far better support.

WARNING I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKED DEVICES, THE LINK ABOVE IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Edited
Non GTMedia ad

hamlet27

Re: Totally disillusioned customer

Post by hamlet27 »

Could you do a little tutorial?, thanks. Comment if it works wifi, bluetooth, and infrared, thanks

asyt3

Post by asyt3 »

Does the firmware keep the 4k resolution?

Hagrid01

Post by Hagrid01 »

I don't have a 4k ready tv to test it on.
Try it for yourself and please report back to help others.
The specs for xxxxx are

Edited

Hagrid01

Post by Hagrid01 »

I see the moderators do actually read and know what customers think, this is obvious by the editing and censorship of my posts.
If they cant be bothered to provide working firmware then they should not prevent us from helping ourselves and others.
I have asked for help on this forum a number of times and these have been ignored, but less than 2 hours after finding a solution for the atrocious coding they release they censor me.
This shows the utter contempt they have for their customers.
Answer the question WHEN CAN WE EXPECT A FIRMWARE RELEASE THAT WORKS?
If anyone requires the information they have censored please PM me

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Hagrid01 wrote:I see the moderators do actually read and know what customers think, this is obvious by the editing and censorship of my posts.
If they cant be bothered to provide working firmware then they should not prevent us from helping ourselves and others.
I have asked for help on this forum a number of times and these have been ignored, but less than 2 hours after finding a solution for the atrocious coding they release they censor me.
This shows the utter contempt they have for their customers.
Answer the question WHEN CAN WE EXPECT A FIRMWARE RELEASE THAT WORKS?
If anyone requires the information they have censored please PM me
GTMedia/ Freesat can not accept the propaganda of others within his own forum. You should know that. Nobody is censoring you. We are just deleting others media brands or links. Breaking the forum rules is what usually take you to censoring or banning. So, I suggest you follow them. Only GTMedia/ Freesat in their headquarters engineering department has the ability to come up with firmware releases. When they do have a solution it will be posted in the download section. You can keep sharing or helping others with others brands solution in private messages but NOT in public. Also, Hello and Welcome!!

Hagrid01

Post by Hagrid01 »

FIRST A REQUEST THAT MAY GET A RESPONSE
Does anyone have a softcam key for ASTRA UK 28.2E UK
Now back to the current topic.
Please note
If you require the deleted files please request them by PM only, emails will not be answered, nor will requests for advice or instructions.
I found the files after many hours of searching the internet, and took the plunge myself to upgrade the box at my own risk, as must you.
I offer no support or advice on the upgrade.
Message to the moderators.
The reason for posting the links are actually in the posts title, in the 20+ years I have bought and sold from a large number of Chinese suppliers, I have never come across such appalling customer service. I actually bought the GTC as a sample, in the hope it was going to be my next best seller like the 5000+ DM500S I have already sold, I was ready to purchase a further 500pc, thankfully I controlled myself and only purchased the one sample. There is no way (as it sits) am I prepared to sell these to my long term customers or even new customers, it would ruin my reputation and would end up with them all been returned.
The box itself is of high quality, it is simply down to coding issues brought about I believe by copy and paste coding, why does HQ not try the firmware I have suggested and see for themselves how flawlessly the GTC can operate with the correct firmware.
Another issue I found among many others with V37 was when switching LNB from Horizontal to Vertical (13v-18v) the switch over does not occur, hence only Horizontal TPs and channels appear after a blind scan, if you use automatic scan channels on Vertical have no signal as the LNB is not switching over.
So you see the post was not about advertising any other brand, it was about doing something Freesat HQ should be doing, and that is simply getting the box to work as it is advertised to do.
An idea may be to rebrand the working firmware to freesat and release it as V38 ?

Hagrid01

Post by Hagrid01 »

Link to flashing instructions viewtopic.php?f=60&p=26777&sid=f0f33652 ... 2cc#p26777

Over the past 24 hours I have helped over 50 members upgrade their firmware, not one member has come back here and posted the results and shared with other members.

If you have upgraded to the blocked version and everything is fine please post, if you have also had problems again please post so everyone including HQ know

blp

Post by blp »

espaun206 wrote:I'm trying, but I do not know how to make USB burning recognize the gtc, Hagrid01 do not put images of your gtc with this bin and it does not say how I update this bin because the USB burning does not recognize the gtc
Yes, I have the same problem. It’s seems you need enter into recovery mode or something like that to USB burning tool recognizes the GTC.

With the last update we lost the root, and problem is you need to be root to access this mode or dismantle the receiver and attach a switch to certain circuit.

So there is no easy way to enter in recovery mode. Could you Hagrid01 inform us about the this process??? I suppose there are many of us troubled with this issue

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Remember Hagrid01 said this: Updated to Android 7.1

This may be the first step.

Owen
Hagrid01 wrote: Updated to Android 7.1 it works perfectly seamlessly, a lot less bugs than the GTC is used to, so re brand to MECOOL for less stress and far better support.

WARNING I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKED DEVICES, THE LINK ABOVE IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Mercbits1

Post by Mercbits1 »

Ensure you have installed device drivers contained in folder (World Cup)
Once drivers are installed device will be found.

blp

Post by blp »

espaun206 wrote:
Mercbits1 wrote:Ensure you have installed device drivers contained in folder (World Cup)
Once drivers are installed device will be found.
as I explain the program recognizes me the gtc and can record the ver 32
the problem is when it comes to recording the other room androd 7 it stays at 2% and this mistake marks me

[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error.
Same as me. I tried it by usb burning tool and recovery update.zip

Both ways failed. Maybe that rom doesn't work with GTC :cry:

levadura

Post by levadura »

[quote][/quote]Mensajes: 6
Contactar: Contactar Hagrid01
Mensajepor Hagrid01 » Mar Sep 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I have now had my GTC for 3 weeks, and still cannot get the thing to function as advertised, more bugs than a xxxxxxxx.
After many hours trawling the net, I have finally found a rom that works, I have flashed xxxxxxxxxxTV Box firmware onto the GTC

Updated to Android 7.1 it works perfectly seamlessly, a lot less bugs than the GTC is used to, so re brand to MECOOL for less stress and far better support.

Edited
Non GTMedia ad

Te he mandado un privado solicitandote informacion sobre el firmware que has probado no se si lo has recibido o no ,y me gustaria probarlo por si fuera mejor que el oficioal gracias por adelantado altapropaganda@gmail.com

I have sent you a private requesting information about the firmware that you have tried, I do not know if you have received it or not, and I would like to try it out in case it was better than the office, thanks in advance

Crusito

Post by Crusito »

I think this guy is FOS. I've also msg him and no reply and claims he helped 50 users in one day bunch of BS

petras54

Post by petras54 »

-Sylar-

Code: Select all

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/others-aml-s905x/firmware-roms-tools-bx/706585-firmware-mecool-kii-pro-amlogic-s905d-2gb-16gb-tv-box-802-11ac-wifi-lan-kodi-bluetooth  

blp

Post by blp »

espaun206 wrote:
Sylar wrote:well ... apparently none update to this supposedly promising firmware version ... now that I have time I'm watching and from the outset I can discard the idea of putting the firmware.
this capture helped him: NO ES ANDROID 7.1 :x :x

from my optics, he's not just a charlatan. He had the bad intention of You have used a BANNED word. our teams.
I do not know what the moderators and / or administrators will say or what the decision will be taken by them, but I would take into account what happened here ...

:twisted:
the version that the dio in the link is
PRO_20171127.img
and the program you used recognizes me as androi 7.1.1
How did you solve the 2% error USB CONTROL? I can’t finish the installation.

Cómo solventaste el error del 2% USB CONTROL? No puedo terminar la instalación con el Usb Burning Tool

blp

Post by blp »

Thank you very much. I tried that config but for some reason it didn’t work. I will try again ;)

quark

Post by quark »

After reading the posts at the provided link and researching the 2 different software brands discussed there, I won't be trying either one.

I don't know if this was all a ruse or not. I haven't read many Positive posts and the support is not better as far as I can tell. The last upgrade was back in March 2018 and it had so many bugs that everyone switched back to the old version from 11/27/2017. It is extremely difficult to find the March 2018 version because it did not work and nothing newer has been released. Having to run software that is nearly a year old does not sound like better support to me. Plus they lost wifi and bluetooth connectivity. Your success and mileage may vary. ;)

The second software brand & version they mention has been discontinued and is no longer being supported.

Although these may or may not run on the GTC, without continuing support, you will probably be trying to revert back to Freesat software. Hopefully with success.

One encouraging thing I did read was that they are trying to develop enigma2 software for the android boxes. This would allow you to choose from multiple software developers like OpenPLi, OpenATV, PurE2, Black Hole, etc.....

quark

Post by quark »

I haven't tried loading the enigma2 images yet. Last night I loaded the full box firmware without any errors. As expected it bricked my GTC. Nothing worked except the power LED. Recovered it this morning and will try again later. I soldered a switch to my box so when I brick it again, I can hopefully recover it without having to open it. Thanks for the picture espaun206.

Yes, an oscam apk will probably be the best way to go. I tried multiple prebuilt oscam's in the system/bin directory and none of them worked. They are looking for the config files in the wrong directory. I created the directory they are looking for and put the files there. The GTC locked up, rebooted and removed all of the directories and files that I installed. I also compiled several of my own oscam versions and did not have any luck.

The closest I came to success was with the oscam from the box we are talking about above. I installed it to the system/bin directory. Webif saw that it was installed and showed r11432. It showed that the oscam was reading the config files but it would not open channels. Plus it locked up the channel scan and slowed the box down to a crawl. Oscam installed in the system/bin directory should work if one can be properly compiled for the GTC and use CONF_DIR=/data/usr/winsat/oscam/ so that it looks for the config files in the proper directory. I've use that but obviously I have something else wrong in my ./config.sh or makefile. I'm still working on it. :roll:

pseudofarji

Post by pseudofarji »

espaun206 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
espaun206 wrote:
eumesmo wrote: how would it be for the sd to boot and not android
just install any terminal emulator app, and run 'reboot update'.

linch

Post by linch »

Hi to all ppl,
i have this box from few days and so i'm not satisfied from the stock firmware.
There is not a valid channel editor and other odious think as every time that i switch from channels i must put exit button
I'm g@@gle searching for alternative firmware so i see from dtb.img file that GTC have a sony cxd28xx dvb tuner and the mecool or other
firmware around the internet have an avl 6211. These firmwares are not good for GTC.
I try libreelec and coreelec, kodi based firmware, and they partially work the great problem are the built-in tuners that are not recognized for driver unsupported.
Librelec and coreelec have a great support for dvb usb tuner and for the moment i put one of them there with tvheadend backend, oscam etc.
My search continue....

linch

Post by linch »

espaun206 wrote:
linch wrote: Librelec and coreelec have a great support for dvb usb tuner and for the moment i put one of them there with tvheadend backend, oscam etc.
My search continue....
I assumed that I would have a tuner without linux E2 or libreelec support, surely not to be able to use it with linux so easy,

how to install libreelec in gtc, i have a usb dvb?
Go to libreelec or coreelec forum are all there.
The prereq are :
- firmware gtc 32
- terminal emulator app installed
- tuner usb
- mini keyboard usb (at the moment i not have time for find a valid remote.conf to add)
- TF card or another usb drive but you need an hub usb because gtc have only 2 usb

The steps for build firmware are:
- Download from libre or core firmware ( github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases)
- CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.2.img.gz
- build a TF or usb with a program like etcher
- after you have write firmware to TF or usb you have inside them a directory called device-tree
copy and paste file named gxl_p231_2g_dvb.dtb to the root of usb and rename it to dtb.img
- put usb or TF to box
- open terminal emulator app on android menu and write reboot update

If all steps are ok the box restart from coreelec, install firmware inside TF or USB and start the system.
If you want come back to stock firmware restart the box without usb or tf attached

for dvb and tvheadend you need install tvheadend server, tvheadend pvr, oscam from coreelec repository and attached your usb dvb.
you can see many how-to on the internet.

NOTE FOR ALL USERS
I CANNOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR GTC BOX.
IF NOT KNOW WHAT YOU DO PLEASE NOT INSTALL FIRMWARES.

linch

Post by linch »

espaun206 wrote:ok, and merge lan and wifi
lan and wifi work
vfd stay always on boot
remote not work

linch

Post by linch »

espaun206 wrote:
linch wrote:
espaun206 wrote:ok, and merge lan and wifi
lan and wifi work
vfd stay always on boot
remote not work
I'm looking for, it looks like Coreelec does not have drivers for Tbs 5520se
If you want try this is development branch with Tbs driver...

mega.nz/#!l1wxEbrI!YmZJlhaehBDRV6Y32G0CpfeBFzAk-m8dbDAOrbGrCq8  

linch

Post by linch »

Here the file easy for use for remote control with coreelec

//mega.nz/#!gpg2lA7b!3A03aiudfuU95ua8iY5D_hXMsIOfw35pxo1phTSWchE  
instruction on how to put the 2 config files

//discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-configure-ir-remote-control/31   

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”