Need help to root GTMEDIA GTC

GTMEDIA_GTX COMBO/GTX Twin/GTCOMBO /GTC /GTS /GTS-PRO /GTT2

Moderators: admin, nzl229, GTMedia Team

al2000

Need help to root GTMEDIA GTC

Post by al2000 »

I tried with ez root but didnt work. Hope someone has a solution to root my GTMedia GTC
Thanks

al2000

Re: Need help to root GTMEDIA GTC

Post by al2000 »

As per pic
Attachments
20180928_113521_PerfectlyClear0001.jpg
20180928_113521_PerfectlyClear0001.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 6876 times

quark

Post by quark »

I sent you a PM.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Hi quark
Sorry didnt understand pm? You did help me with providing the ez root file. Thanks alot but still hoping for help to root my box

quark

Post by quark »

The PM (Private Message) explains how to enter Android Recovery mode so you can try ezroot from there.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Thanks quark alot but I think its too risky so I pass for now hoping sometimes in future for an easier solution
Thanks alot
al2000

quark

Post by quark »

al2000 wrote:Thanks quark alot but I think its too risky so I pass for now hoping sometimes in future for an easier solution
Thanks alot
al2000
You're welcome. I hope you are successful. You know v32 is already root.

quark

Post by quark »

Here is an easy way to get into Android Recovery where you will be able to try installing ezroot.
Hopefully this will work for you and ezroot will root your GTC or at least show where it is failing.

This will not work for USB_Burning_Tool!!

1. Disconnect USB cable from PC. System will hang with "Freesat" on screen if your cable is connected.
2. Install ARM.zip or any non-firmware zip file onto a USB stick and plug into GTC.
3. Run Update and select ARM.zip or the .zip file you chose. ARM.zip is just a short text file.

System will reboot into Android Recovery in about 10 seconds.

It will fail installation(because there is nothing to install) and leave you in Android Recovery Mode.
ARM.zip
(423 Bytes) Downloaded 70 times

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Thanks for your help. Bear with me please. What I understood is copied the arm zip into usb and opened update and selected arm zip. Ia this correct. This is what I did it and went on freesat screen and just nothing happened

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Disconnect USB cable from PC ? You mean hdmi cable
If removed how to see on screen

quark

Post by quark »

Leave your HDMI cable connected. As long as you don't have a cable connecting your Computer to the GTC you are OK.
al2000 wrote:Thanks for your help. Bear with me please. What I understood is copied the arm zip into usb and opened update and selected arm zip. Ia this correct. This is what I did it and went on freesat screen and just nothing happened
It sounds like you are doing it correctly. It will go to the freesat screen but it should only stay on it for 10 - 20 seconds and then go to Android Recovery. If it stays longer then this isn't going to work for you either. I don't know why these aren't working. They work fine for me whether mine is rooted or not.

Have you tried KingoRoot? It didn't work for me so maybe it will work for you. Our GTC's must be different somehow.

If anyone else has successful Root on their GTC running Version 37 please let al2000 know how you did it.

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Thanks dear really appreciate your help

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Tried kingroot but didnt work. Tried kingoroot also didnt work

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Hi quark
Do you think this will work for my box. I downloaded the zip file and installed it on sd card but waiting for your green light to go ahead and try it

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Note:
Please NO more external links or non GTmedia/ Freesat brand mention. Please use PM between all of you.

freesatv7

Post by freesatv7 »

eumesmo wrote:
cpr43 wrote:Note:
Please NO more external links or non GTmedia/ Freesat brand mention. Please use PM between all of you.
I'm sorry but this is a bit stupid, links aren't for another brand, just for root solution, root that was removed by freesat???

People are trying to fix problems with the software, if they find it freesat can use them, also if product works as expected more people will buy them!

So please stop wasting time removing links and use that time to fix the problems ok?

I can tell you that the store were I used to buy V8 Golden to my costumers stopped selling them, it will be only a matter of time until they stop selling GTC, so i will have to change brand to sell to my costumers!

Best Regards
Eumesmo
:roll: :roll: :D you are right 100%

al2000

Post by al2000 »

Thank you guys for your support. I just need to root my GTC I dont want to present any other products on this site

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

eumesmo wrote:
cpr43 wrote:Note:
I'm sorry but this is a bit stupid, links aren't for another brand, just for root solution, root that was removed by freesat???

People are trying to fix problems with the software, if they find it freesat can use them, also if product works as expected more people will buy them!

So please stop wasting time removing links and use that time to fix the problems ok?

I can tell you that the store were I used to buy V8 Golden to my costumers stopped selling them, it will be only a matter of time until they stop selling GTC, so i will have to change brand to sell to my costumers!

Best Regards
Eumesmo
Euresmo
You can not force others to accept your demands just saying you wont buy or ask anothers not to buy such products. Thats blackmail. It is not stupid trying to protect product integrity. Trying to brick or force others to do so is what 's stupid. We can not keep letting post external direct link to NON GTMedia/Freesat official firmware releases. Even if they are for testing purposes. As mentioned before you can keep conversation with others sending back and forward such link but in private. Rooring or loading NON tested brands firmware will void GTMedia/Freesat warranties, so we can not let others do so. You are welcome to send files, recommendation directly to GTMedia/Freesat. They will be analyzed and properly tested and if feasible they will be release. Those are the rules and I encourage you to follow them.

service@winsat.net

linch

Post by linch »

@cpr43
Please will be possible solve the little bugs fast as possible ??
With latest firmware 2.37 not possible export channel db
push exit button every time switch between channels it's odious.
Are little bugs that developers can solve fast and easy.
This community must say thanks to user javirnoff for develop an easy channel editor.
But freesat winsat have developers working to solve this problems ??
At the moment i have my GTC with libreelec install on sd and it work great with an external usb dvbt dongle but i would like
android box with internal frontend working properly.
Many thanks and regards.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

linch wrote:@cpr43
This community must say thanks to user javirnoff for develop an easy channel editor.
At the moment i have my GTC with libreelec install on sd and it work great with an external usb dvbt dongle but i would like
Many thanks and regards.

Maybe you're confused. Im not who do the firmware updates or fix problems. Im just a moderator trying to keep the forum organized following GTMedia/Freesat forum rules. As usual if you are having firmware problems keep sending your recommendations to the e-mail provided. Thanks

linch

Post by linch »

cpr43 wrote:
Many thanks and regards.

Maybe you're confused. Im not who do the firmware updates or fix problems. Im just a moderator trying to keep the forum organized following GTMedia/Freesat forum rules. As usual if you are having firmware problems keep sending your recommendations to the e-mail provided. Thanks
I think that as a moderator you can't fix nothing but you can speak with developers to solve the users problems. I hope now it's more clear for you to understand.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

linch wrote:
cpr43 wrote:
Many thanks and regards.

I think that as a moderator you can't fix nothing but you can speak with developers to solve the users problems. I hope now it's more clear for you to understand.
Its completely clear to me as moderator to keep feeding GTMedia/Freesat with all positive inputs,. It's up to them to analyzed or implemented them. Not me. Its also completely clear to me as moderator to enforce users to stick to the rules, so I encourage you as well to follow them.

quark

Post by quark »

I figured it would open a can of worms! That is why I PM'd originally.

I must have missed the factory support email address. Where is it?

I'm not trying to argue with the moderators, but isn't this a Technical Support forum? If we cannot get factory support where are we supposed to go? That's what fellow members are for, general support that the factory cannot attend to. Then by these rules if someone were to get a new Oscam working, they couldn't post a link on here? It would be impossible to PM everyone that would want it! I patched factory firmware to allow those who "permanently" entered factory mode to use their box again when the factory's stance was your GTC is no longer usable. I'm not sure what I can and cannot share now. Sending files to the factory for approval is fine but how long will we have to wait for them to release it? Could we promote a private support forum on this forum if someone were to set one up?

Could these BRICK your GTC? Absolutely! So could installation of the factory firmware. Back up your Data and only root and install if you have a means of recovering!!

These are all working fine for me. I would not purposely give someone something that I knew would destroy their box. The only time ezroot failed for me was when I had a v32/v37 combo ROM installed. It locked up in boot mode after the ezroot installation.

I have bricked my system many many times and have always been able to recover. Usually by using the reset button method. Once while testing a FrankenROM, v37 combined with another mfg's ROM, to see if I could upgrade to android 7.0.1, It was HARD BRICKED and the button method did not work. I recovered by using the pin short method on the Flash ROM. This little box seems nearly indestructable. I'm sure that I will succeed at permanently bricking it some day but so far so good.

There are many unbrick methods if you search on YouTube. A good video is "Unbricking x96 S905x Android TV Box - Nand Chip Short Method". Don't use the pins he suggests. For the GTC, use the pins shown in the below photo.
GTC_pin_shorting.jpg
GTC_pin_shorting.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5952 times
Last edited by quark on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

quark

Post by quark »

Would an Unofficial - Unauthorized - Experimental - Developmental area where we could share our developments be possible?

It could have a big "Use at Own Risk" warning. This would enable factory developers to see what we are doing or are concerned about and incorporate into the firmware releases as needed. Waiting for them to test and release our developments prior to being able to post them could take a month to a year. How long has everyone been waiting for a new GTC Oscam factory release? If they would release an apk it would be faster and easier to update. Because it is embedded and maybe password protected, I haven't been able to get the newest version to work. I can disable the old one and install the new one but cannot get it to work even after changing the properties.

I still say that "Open Source" is the way to go. If it wasn't for a forum member we still wouldn't have a working channel editor for the GTC.

linch

Post by linch »

quark wrote:Would an Unofficial - Unauthorized - Experimental - Developmental area where we could share our developments be possible?

It could have a big "Use at Own Risk" warning. This would enable factory developers to see what we are doing or are concerned about and incorporate into the firmware releases as needed. Waiting for them to test and release our developments prior to being able to post them could take a month to a year. How long has everyone been waiting for a new GTC Oscam factory release? If they would release an apk it would be faster and easier to update. Because it is embedded and maybe password protected, I haven't been able to get the newest version to work. I can disable the old one and install the new one but cannot get it to work even after changing the properties.

I still say that "Open Source" is the way to go. If it wasn't for a forum member we still wouldn't have a working channel editor for the GTC.
For oscam i not know at the moment if the gtc bin have particular patch for the dvbapi box but the approach would be unpack latest firmware change the oscam bin with latest and repack the firmware...amltools is your friend.
Attachments
gtc.PNG
gtc.PNG (169.04 KiB) Viewed 4707 times

Return to “GTMEDIA GT SERIES (Android DVB & IPTV BOX)”