Setup C band and KU Band in the same box

GTMEDIA V9 super V9Prime

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bumisat88

Setup C band and KU Band in the same box

Post by bumisat88 »

Can anyone please tell me how to do this with V9 Super box in motorized antenna mode?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Setup C band and KU Band in the same box

Post by Feralkiwi »

I wrote some instructions on setting up your V8 or V7 here.
The principals would be the same, just the menus would be a little different.

C band usually uses an LNB setting of 5150.
Ku band 11300 or 10750, or a universal LNB of 9750/10600.
Have a read through the instructions.

Your motor setting would depend on the type, there are two, USALS and DiSEqC.
USALS is a motor with the dish mounted on it, mostly used with small dishes (up to 1.2m) for Ku band.

You need to setup a satellite for Ku and a second sat for C Band if the sat has both.
I do not have a V9. Some sat units will not allow two sats with the same longitude, so if you find this, set the C band sat 0.1 higher than the Ku.
ie "Astra 1 Ku" 19.2e, "Astra 1 C" 19.3e.

You will also need to set your lat and long location if you use USALS. This is found from a color button on most Freesat units when you are in the motor setting menu with USALS set.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

V9 is not the same, the lnb setting is before motor setting and in motor setting there is no lnb setting for each individual satellite. Once you select 5150 everything will be 5150 no matter C or KU. If you want KU you have to go back to installation to change but then everything will be in KU. Funny box's setting isn't it?
Attachments
v9 lnb setting.jpeg
v9 lnb setting.jpeg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 8088 times
v9 setting 2.jpeg
v9 setting 2.jpeg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 8088 times
Last edited by bumisat88 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

As I said. The normal way for Ku and C band is to set up a satellite in the Sat list for each.
"Astra Ku" Long set to 19.2e with Ku LNB (11300) setting and "Astra C" Long set to 19.3e with LNB set to 5150.
You set up the LNB first and save it, then go back and set up the motor settings.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

V7 & V8 are different with V9 in motorized antenna settings. You have to get a set of V9 to try it out before you can offer any help. Otherwise these engineers thought you have solved their problem so they don't have to do anything but in actual fact the problem remains.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

OK.

I will pass this on to the engineers and look to getting a V9 Super. As you say I can not help with out one.

Owen

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

Tiger brand DVB-S2 box 2016, similar installation type, same problem, never solved.
Attachments
tiger1.jpeg
tiger1.jpeg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 8086 times
tiger2.jpeg
tiger2.jpeg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 8086 times

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

Hi GTMedia Team, 4 months have gone and any solution to this? My two boxes (40 units) of V9 Super no body wants to buy because of this problem!

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

bumisat88 wrote:Hi GTMedia Team, 4 months have gone and any solution to this? My two boxes (40 units) of V9 Super no body wants to buy because of this problem!
I am not using it for some other reason. I cannot help you out due I remove the LNB for C band, only I remember I made it work.
BUT YOU ARE RIGHT is a pain in the rear it should not be that way I believe there are some steps I did to make it work

My bad I do not remember,
I believe was using FIXED antenna first save everything then change into motorized, I t happened to me because I could not change the diseqc 1,1 settings nor 1,0

If you can wait a couple of days until I receive the C Band LNB and mount everything back again I will remember and give you the steps.

Again IT SHOULD NOT be this way. I just found a workaround

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

At last some one can understand my langguage and not like others who are treating people like a novice all the time.

Thanks Marsat, hope you can fix it.

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

bumisat88 wrote:At last some one can understand my langguage and not like others who are treating people like a novice all the time.

I haven't forgotten you, I just received the new LBN today, see if I can install the tomorrow. Crossing fingers, will be done fast. Just need to check if I have enough cable. I need like tow lines of 60 feet each.
Then once set up will try at night to give you instructions of the trick or tweak I found to make it work. But as normal condition you are right is a pain in the @ss!

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

Marsat wrote:
bumisat88 wrote:At last some one can understand my langguage and not like others who are treating people like a novice all the time.

I haven't forgotten you, I just received the new LBN today, see if I can install the tomorrow. Crossing fingers, will be done fast. Just need to check if I have enough cable. I need like tow lines of 60 feet each.
Then once set up will try at night to give you instructions of the trick or tweak I found to make it work. But as normal condition you are right is a pain in the @ss!
Tomorrow Monday will work on you
I finished finally retiring and adjusting new LNB work is done
I will post instructions for you Bumi

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

OK BUMI
BAD NEWS

No it does not work, been the whole day trying and I though I have done that in the past. My mistake sure confusing with another decoder

The reason is and simple fix. I will pass this to engineering

On Motorized Settings we NEED the coder (person) to remove the field LNB

Removing that fields forcing the decoder to use the LNB setting for each SAT you have entered

And problem solved

Example

58W Ku 10750
58W C 5150
55.5C C 5150

and there you have the LNB frequency NOT ENTERING AGAIN when you go to motor setting.

SO I can scan that way multiple satellites, but if on Motor Setting I leave either 5150 or 10750 or either Ku or C wont work

If SOMEONE did not understand this, I can post pictures of the issue and how to solve it, again I am also a coder but I do not ave the source code

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi Marsat

I have looked at many Freesat User data files.
The LNB setting is saved as a Hex code, a code for each LNB frequency on a list somewhere.
The V9 is the one unit I do not have.
To find this, set up a few sats the same and set each for the different LNB freq's and then look through the user file with a Hex editor to see what code for what freq.

With this method you maybe able to change the LNB frequency to what you need in the user file and reload it to make it work.

Owen

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

Marsat wrote:OK BUMI
BAD NEWS

No it does not work, been the whole day trying and I though I have done that in the past. My mistake sure confusing with another decoder
Thanks for your time and hard work to find a fix for this. I think this V9S is a failure product, they used the wrong base software for a new product which others have discarded long ago.

People don't have this box will not understand (maybe even the engineers!).

My solution is, like the Tiger T18, to cheap sale them and never touch it again.

Thanks Marsat

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

bumisat88 wrote:
Marsat wrote:OK BUMI
BAD NEWS

Thanks for your time and hard work to find a fix for this. I think this V9S is a failure product, they used the wrong base software for a new product which others have discarded long ago.

People don't have this box will not understand (maybe even the engineers!).

My solution is, like the Tiger T18, to cheap sale them and never touch it again.

Thanks Marsat

I have to agree with you in. Software core seems comes a copy of other brand and models which is old. I do not understand why dont get the core from models that really are stable. like V8 Super, and you modify just the templates to make it a nicer UI. But the core remains the same

Just UI changes
Keep the core, you dont need it to update
Update keys if available
Update keys decryption option if are new types

See for example on my V8 Super I scan one satellite or more an the same time Just ends one and changes to the other and it does not matter if it is Ku or C.

Believe me the solution is simple just they need to work it out
ON MOTOR SETTINGS they need to delete the LNB configuration

So on scan will take only what you set on that SAT, otherwise with take the LNB frequency of the Motor settings and NOT from the SAT setting LNB frequency

And you are correct YOU NEED to have this box in order to understand and try

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

UPDATE

I just was working today with another decoder brand xxxxx or something like that

the software is identical the one we have issues.

HOWEVER in this although is a JUNK, it works. WHY it works, because BUNMI like I explained you. They do not have an LB configuration when you go to Motor Settings THERE IS THE MISTAKE!

If YOU or someone need pictures of what I am saying send 5 cents! :lol:

I'll do it just messing with you!

bumisat88

Post by bumisat88 »

Well Marsat, the sun will rise from the west if they will take your words and fix it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marsat

Post by Marsat »

bumisat88 wrote:Well Marsat, the sun will rise from the west if they will take your words and fix it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well sorry.
From Miami is from....... 30w Hispasat :mrgreen:

Return to “GTMEDIA V9 SERIES”