V8 Finder

V8 FINDER PRO2 /V8 FINDER2 / BT03 /BT05

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

iggy57

V8 Finder

Post by iggy57 »

Looking at maybe purchasing one of these V8 Finders and notice there seems to be more than one type .
Which one would be the best to date ?

Thanks

ftauser

Re: V8 Finder

Post by ftauser »

I just got one of the V8 Finders. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I believe it's going to be quite handy just having to hook it up at my dish and not having to tote my TV and receiver out and hook them up outside. The Finder does work with the dish positioner, however, that would mean having to disconnect that and taking it outside. A BIG hassle. Perhaps a fix for that would be to run an extra cable from inside the house at the positioner out to my dish. That might require a signal amplifier to boost the signal as after adding the extra coax my run would be almost two hundred feet. Or I shall continue doing as I have in the past. Remove the actuator motor and crank the dish by hand.
7 1/2' mesh dish, Titanium ASC1 Dish Positioner, Titanium C1 PLL, Freesat V8 Super, Hellobox V5 Plus

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Can you place the mover box in a window and use the remote to move it?
Another option would be to back feed the mover box. Add a splitter at the dish outside and swap the output cable to the input on the mover box. The common input on the splitter would go to the finder and the dish and mover box on the outputs. That way the TV signals would be from the dish to the finder and only a detectable voltage is needed for the mover along with the 22kHz commands.

That would save running a long cable and amp.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Holzsat

Post by Holzsat »

the v8 finder is a very good finder...greetings

Return to “GTMEDIA FINDER SERIES”