Polar Mount

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

joetv

Polar Mount

Post by joetv »

I know this site is about receivers i was wondering if someone knows were a person can get a polar mount for a 6 ft prime focus
dish with actuator in the united states.
i see a lot of them from other countries but the shipping is to high for me

Channel Master

Re: Polar Mount

Post by Channel Master »

I think your best move would be to fabricate one from an old c band dish(assuming that you can find one). I have never seen one for sale.

joetv

Post by joetv »

thanks for the reply i guess the only thing to do is fabricate one from scratch

bellesdad

Post by bellesdad »

I will take photo of one I made years ago in australia for a 6' dish, in the 80's when installing sat dishes in the USA I found out that if the design is is not plump and the pivoit point is not in the center of the dish you can not track the comptete H to H.
I'll do this later today sorry I wasn't around to help. It is rusty and 10 years old and being rebuilt for Ku in Aussie

Tec_Rep

Post by Tec_Rep »

Sadoune satellites used to sell an hh motor mount large enough to handle a 6 ft prime focus. Sadouns owner Jamal is a good fellow if you can find him on the net sure he can help.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have a look at this mover dish that is for sale in my area.
Trademe.co.nz

$200 is over price as these dishes are hard to put back together.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

foebage

Re: Polar Mount Fab

Post by foebage »

A completely plumb and level pole mounted in concrete ( about 4 feet down ) is what you can install if you can come into a used dish free or cheap. Ride out in the country where there is no cable. There are dishes scattered all over. Be nice and go up to the door to offer to remove it for free or purchase cheaply if need be. Cut it down flush with the ground and bring it home. I use a grinder with cut off disc. Works like a champ. Then install in a sleeve in concreted bed nice and straight. A new LNBF may be in order as the modern ones seem to be more sensitive. The chapparal that most have will work also. In short... Go get a used dish and install it.
7.5" mesh
freesat7,gtmediav7sHD, Primestar Ku rig. openbox

Return to “Accessories”