FreeSat Sat Finder

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Otis

FreeSat Sat Finder

Post by Otis »

I was looking at the "V8 Sat Finder", it had "V-71HD" on its front, offered on Amazon.com
Looks like just what I need!
I was wondering just how much it has in common with the V7 or V8 set top boxes, I have the FreeSat V7HD and love it. I was wondering about updating firmware and being able to back up channel and satellite lists to a thumb drive, and if I could edit the channel lists on my PC like my V7HD.

Thanks for any info!

Otis

joaquin012

Re: FreeSat Sat Finder

Post by joaquin012 »

Todo lo puedes hacer
Saludos de joaquin

Otis

Post by Otis »

joaquin wrote:Todo lo puedes hacer
Thank you! :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The V8 finder is based on the same hardware as the V7HD.

You can transfer you V7HD user data to the Finder.
You can use the same editor on your PC that you use for your V7HD.
The Finder does not decode any scrambled channels.

The New V8 Finder(V-71HD) hardware version does switch all DiSEqC switches and USALS too.
This hardware version has a blue LED for the "Lock" light. The older hardware has a green LED.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

Hi Owen..

Does the finder have any special features? Like spectrum analyzer?
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

rj2010 wrote:Hi Owen..

Does the finder have any special features? Like spectrum analyzer?
The finder does not have a spectrum analyzer.
It is more like a handheld version of the V7HD.
I have used mine as a TV while camping with a potable dish.
The later version of the hardware has solved the issue with the internal power supply, so it does do DiSEqC switching USALS etc.
The Freesat V8 Finder has no decryption software, so can not watch powervu BISS etc.

I find it very useful for setting up dishes etc. I use a tone sat meter between the finder and the dish for finding satellites while controlling things with the V8 Finder.

It has software recovery via USB "flash.bin" and via RS232.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

rj2010

Post by rj2010 »

Good to know.. Thanks...
Freesat v8 golden,2* Freesat 7Max 2x 1meter disk ku, 1x 1.8meter solid dish, 1x 3.1meter dish. Receive from 22west - 78East :idea: Sat Hobbyist

Otis

Post by Otis »

Well, I just ordered one from Amazon.com, I need to reposition some of my LNBs/dishes that seem to have drifted off during this stretch of bad weather we've had recently.

I'll post a review once I get it and try it out!

Otis

Post by Otis »

I got my V8 Sat Finder from Amazon.com yesterday, I'm playing around with trying to figure out how everything works.

Questions;
1. How do you select a "Favorite" channel list? The manual is a little confusing on this point.
2. How do you select a satellite under "Channel List > TV channel list"?

Thanks for any help..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

If you press the middle button and then the blue button you get the fav and sat list up.

Owen

Otis

Post by Otis »

Feralkiwi wrote:If you press the middle button and then the blue button you get the fav and sat list up.

Owen
Thanks! :D

Otis

Post by Otis »

Another thing I found that wasn't in the manual, or maybe I missed it, (I'll post it here for others who might be wondering) is under "Satellite Instillation" you can get the list of transponders for the selected satellite by pressing the "BACK" button, return to to the satellite list by pressing BACK again.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Is the Blue boton is working for you?? Info??

Otis

Post by Otis »

cpr43 wrote:Is the Blue boton is working for you?? Info??
Turn on, without going into any menu, If you press the "Ok" button, a channel list will come up displaying the channels in the selected Favorite list, the channels on a selected satellite, or "All". then press the "Blue" button and a list will appear in which you can select a favorite list, a satellite, or All.

This is with the current S/W Version V3.02.121.665, (FW 20180118) Not sure if earlier versions are the same.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes it has always been like that to get the sat list up.

The later hardware version has fixed the 22kHz problem. The unit I got that has working DiSEqC switching has a blue LED for the "lock" light.

Owen

Otis

Post by Otis »

Feralkiwi wrote:....... The later hardware version has fixed the 22kHz problem.........
Owen
I had read about the 22kHz problem, I don't currently use a 22khz switch but was wondering I could. What hardware version do you have? Mine seems to work fine with my DiSEqC switches, 1.0 and 1.1.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I can find no ID for the hardware versions.
The only thing I see is that the "Lock" led is blue, the older unit was red.
It is so nice to be able to switch and move USALS too.

Owen

mineirao

Post by mineirao »

I need help downloading the latest firmware from finder v8 and when I put the pendrive it does not recognize the update, how to solve it?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

mineirao wrote:I need help downloading the latest firmware from finder v8 and when I put the pendrive it does not recognize the update, how to solve it?
When you download the file its in *.zip format (Compressed). You will need to Unzip the file to see the files inside. Look for Freesat_V8SatelliteFinder.Bin file

mineirao

Post by mineirao »

cpr43 wrote:
mineirao wrote:I need help downloading the latest firmware from finder v8 and when I put the pendrive it does not recognize the update, how to solve it?
When you download the file its in *.zip format (Compressed). You will need to Unzip the file to see the files inside. Look for Freesat_V8SatelliteFinder.Bin file
When complete message appears and firmwere, which one do I use?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Download the file from Freesat.
Unpack it by right clicking the mouse and selecting "Extract All"
Then open the folder and use the file called:

Freesat_V8SatelliteFinder.bin

Place this on your USB and then go to the UPgrade section of the menu in the finder.
Save any sat / channel lists first by "Backup" to USB.
Select main code in the first line and the Finder software in the second line and start.

Owen

mineirao

Post by mineirao »

friend did everything as directed, but did not work! Could you post a video? would be of great importance to all lay people.

Satman43

Post by Satman43 »

this sounds interesting, never heard of it, need to check it out

Return to “Others”